|
|
| Author |
Message |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:12 - 20 Sep 2013 Post subject: Best media streaming box for TV? |
 |
|
Looking to buy the first Gen WD TV live stream box to watch things from my hard drive.
Before i buy one i was wondering what you guys would recommend.
(No i don't want a raspberry pi) ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jayy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jayy Mr. Ponzi
Joined: 08 Jun 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 08:34 - 21 Sep 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have a Cyclone Nano, that streams data across the network and can output to 1080p  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Walter Sobchak |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Walter Sobchak Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 08 Sep 2013 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 08:54 - 23 Sep 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you pm me your address I'll send you mine to play with... I haven't used it since relocating my tv to my bedroom
It streams stuff perfectly fine for me
I followed this thread and flashed with non android ROM and it is fine.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1915281 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:09 - 23 Sep 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
The Sony Outlet store has the discontinued SMP-N200 unit for £50. Link click here.
I got one the other month to try. It's not bad. I have issues with stuttering video but I'm thinking that's my setup (see my recent thread on request for network mains adaptor advice).
Only problem is that it does not recognise some formats. Read the spec for details. I've tried it using an old laptop as a DLNA server with serviio and also xbmc. I've had a problem with mkv but if I re-sample and put into MPEG2 they play. The serviio server remuxes some formats and I think this does not help the stuttering on my hardware. Newer kit I imagine should not have the same issue.
I found it does read from the USB input OK.
HTH  ____________________ ...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ScaredyCat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ScaredyCat World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 May 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:31 - 23 Sep 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sky Now box (Roku box) for a tenner, hacked with the Plex client and run Plex server on your PC .
Total outlay... £10
Hack instructions ____________________ Honda CBF125 ➝ NC700X
Honda CBF125 ↳ Speed Triple |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| daemonoid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 daemonoid World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jun 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:03 - 24 Sep 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have one of the first gen intel mac minis you can get them for about £150 on eBay.
They handle every bit of media you throw at them and can run pretty much anything any normal PC can. I normally hate the mac OS, but the simple 'my first OS' feel of it works quite well on the big screen.
All the cut down boxes suffer from inability to play one thing or another, or require a lot of time investment to hack and continue to tweak.
Coupled with a wireless mouse & keyboard I can't see a better low hassle solution around. ____________________ current: ducati monster 750
past: hyosung gt250r, bajaj pulsar 180, hyosung gt 125 comet
@thomasgarrard | www.straitjkt.com | www.racingseven.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Seb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Seb World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Jul 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:25 - 25 Sep 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
Time to upgrade to a smart TV imo
Quality and spec aside, the best thing about my TV is it's ability to access stuff from my server in the cupboard and play it directly over 5ghz wifi with no performance issues whatsoever. Even raw BD50 (45gb+) disc images play without so much as a hitch.
Physical media is so obsolete it's not even funny. ____________________ 2010 Triumph 1050 Sprint ST |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| daemonoid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 daemonoid World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jun 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:19 - 25 Sep 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks for all the input guys, really helped
Sadly as I almost wrote my car off and I’m selling the bike, I’m broke as fuck. I’ll be able to get on in 2014.  ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Seb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Seb World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Jul 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 13 years, 12 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|