Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


2013 NEC show

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

american muscle
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 11 Oct 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:28 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: 2013 NEC show Reply with quote

anyone going this year
its been getting better the past couple of years now they got rid of all the knock off shite
____________________
gaffa tape is like the force
it has a dark side and a light side and holds the universe together
bikes: VFR400 NC24, FZR600R, BIG AMERICAN STUFF, ZX-7R P3
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

flat eric
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:44 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be going on 30th November.

Hope to pick up some proper winter gloves.
____________________
There is always someone worse off than you !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nope.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:21 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm intending to go. Need some new boots.
____________________
Former: Derbi GP1 50, Sachs XTC 125, Suzuki GSXR 400 GK73A, Kawasaki ZX7R, Suzuki DR250, Yamaha RD350
Current: 2011 Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré, 2003 Yamaha YZR-R1 5PW (In Build), 2009 Kawasaki ZZR1400
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dydey90
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:52 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it worth a look for gear? Could probably do with some winter stuff and a pair of boots...
____________________
This post is probably not serious and shouldn't be taken literally.
Past: CBR125,ER6f NINJA 650, ZZR600 Current: VFR750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bubblin77
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 29 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:54 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waste of time, for the price of a train ticket and entry I can get the majority of stuff off 'tin-ternet' for cheaper.

I loved the live action show 2 years back, but last year was a letdown. And don't get me started on the London show!!!???!!!

I think until the entry prices come down and quality is improved I don't think I'll be going again.
____________________
Kawasaki Z800 (SOLD)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Cadbury
Crazy Courier



Joined: 05 Oct 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:01 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dydey90 wrote:
Is it worth a look for gear? Could probably do with some winter stuff and a pair of boots...


Last year my brother got some Frank Thomas Gore-tex winter boots - £35. Was gutted they didn't have them in my size. My father got a leather jacket for 40 (can't remember the brand)

We'll be going again this year. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JP7
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:35 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should think I will go and have a wander round.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:40 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll either be going with a group of mates and looking for camel toes, or with the g/f to find a bike that she feels ok on...Or taking my daughter who will want me to put my name down for a F4 RR.

In short, I'll be going.
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

raesewell
Traffic Copper



Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:46 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be going on the 30th with my wife and meeting up in the evening with a group at the Premier Inn Coventry/ Nuneaton
____________________
Yamaha FJR 1300 Normanton West Yorkshire
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fladdem
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm off there on the 28th with the college, the teacher wants some new leathers Very Happy

I will be picking up some proper winter stuff I think and drooling over the girls, bikes! I meant bikes.
____________________
Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K
Past:2003 Aprilia RS125, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ550(FREE BIKE!)
I'm having more fun than a well-oiled midget.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:49 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

raesewell wrote:
I'll be going on the 30th with my wife and meeting up in the evening with a group at the Premier Inn Coventry/ Nuneaton




^^^Oh Aye..Nudge-nudge..Know what I mean, know what I mean.

You dirty dirty man. Cool
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:56 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dydey90 wrote:
Is it worth a look for gear? Could probably do with some winter stuff and a pair of boots...


Yes. At previous shows I've got a Shoei helmet half price at £160, A* SMX+ boots for under £200 and and GP+ gloves for £80. Go on the last day, bargains galore.
____________________
Triumph Daytona 675 track bike + girlfriend's Honda Hornet 600
Selling a hack/winter bike for less than a grand? PM me.
Banger rallies are ace
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Peirre oBollox
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 04 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:51 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it me or is the cost of ticket prices for the NEC show getting silly?

£20 on the door
£17 in advance+ £1.50 booking fee = £18.50

Hardly worth the hassle of booking in advance with only £1.50 difference in prices. In the past the free buffs or free gift with advanced ticket purchases made it worthwhile booking in advance
____________________
I accept no responsibility for swearing, drinking, motorcycle riding or your pregnant teenage daughter.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

thepuma
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:45 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be going on the Saturday. I certainly wont be wasting my time with the live show - was absolute garbage last year...total waste of 45 mins of your day.

I didnt rate the gear prices either. Yes you get big discounts but most of the gear that was heavily reduced was shop worn/ex display stuff....so in effect is 2nd hand.

If I can haggle a decent enough discount I may even order a new bike.

Has anyone ever bought a bike at one of these shows? Do you get any extra discount for ordering at the show?
____________________
YBR125 (SOLD) - CBR250R(SOLD) - CBR650F(SOLD) Current - Street Triple
765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

j00pY
Nova Slayer



Joined: 18 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:28 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going for a look around on the first Saturday. It was only £15 for a return ticket from London. I haven't been in around 15 years, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Az
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:58 - 29 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

defo' going, J&S always has bargains at the NEC Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

flat eric
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:42 - 29 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like someone has said. you get mostly ex display stuff and end of line stuff and really nasty and cheap stuff. J&S....

I went to buy some R&G's for my previous bike and was expecting a decent discount at the R&G stand at the show, but was met with the same price as on-line. Not even 10%

So generally you don't get a better price at the show.

But I must say that there are bargains to be had, if you look and ask.

The last day is the best for haggling. And whilst you are haggling for a good price, tell a little white lie. as my friend did a few years ago. she said to a guy selling helmets, that a stall nearby was selling the same helmet £10 cheaper than their best price. hey presto, he matched the price. Bargain had....

Got some boots a few years ago off the J&S stand as I was walking out from the show. Got them for £50. They were £100 when I looked first thing.

To be honest J&S are good for bargains. But the last day is good, as they don't want to take anything home with them.

Regards.
____________________
There is always someone worse off than you !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 349 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.14 Sec - Server Load: 1.63 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 93.87 Kb