Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Anybody in East Midlands (Leics) able to be amazing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

GTR1400
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 16 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:29 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Anybody in East Midlands (Leics) able to be amazing? Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Really hate to do this, but I'm in a time of need! I've got an ER5 that's giving me electrical issues at the moment, which is really not good timing.

I was supposed to be going down to Watford today, and returning on Sunday. I was hopeful that the ER5 would be sorted by today, but it hasn't been, and looks like it's going to be out of action for a week or two.

If there's anybody around in the East Midlands area, and especially anybody close to Leicester/Loughborough who has a bike that they wouldn't mind me borrowing until Sunday, you'd make me the happiest man alive.

Please do either PM me or reply here if you're able to, or know of anybody who is able to help out.

Just a note, it'll be with a pillion also - he's done thousands and thousands of miles with me before though.

Apologies for being a cheeky bugger!

Cheers,
Liam
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

reed
Nearly there...



Joined: 28 Oct 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:10 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would anyone lend their motorbike to a stranger on the internet? hmmm I feel you might be overwhelmed with responses there mate. Laughing
____________________
Generic XOR 50, Gilera SMT 50, GSXR 400 GK73A, Ducati Monster 600, Honda Hornet 600.
Sold. Stolen. Written off. Sold. Current.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:29 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reed wrote:
Would anyone lend their motorbike to a stranger on the internet? hmmm I feel you might be overwhelmed with responses there mate. Laughing


People have happily obliged when I've asked, I too have done the same. It isn't unheard of.

If you were closer I might have been able to help, sadly you are a fucking mission away Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

_mjs_
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 23 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:53 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone will offer to help you fix your bike, but you'd have to be a complete nugget to lend a vehicle to someone you don't even know Laughing
____________________
Previous Bikes: 2006 Honda XR125L > 2003 Yamaha DT125R > 1996 Honda CB500
Current bikes: 1997 Kawasaki ZZR 600 E5 > 2006 Honda Varadero XL125V
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

raesewell
Traffic Copper



Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:58 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people I know would rather lend you thier wife, but not the bike
____________________
Yamaha FJR 1300 Normanton West Yorkshire
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:07 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind lending a spare bike as long as it wasn't something I relied on day to, I don't live anywhere near the OP though, or have a working spare for that matter!
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:10 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

_mjs_ wrote:
Maybe someone will offer to help you fix your bike, but you'd have to be a complete nugget to lend a vehicle to someone you don't even know Laughing


Why so? If people on here need a bike, pretty sure someone would offer their spare. I've been loaned a bike from a user on here for nearly 5 months Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

reed
Nearly there...



Joined: 28 Oct 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:15 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm I need to borrow an s1000rr, R1 or GSXR 1000 for a uhm 15 mile commute tomorrow as my bike is uhmmm out of petrol, please can someone help? Smile
____________________
Generic XOR 50, Gilera SMT 50, GSXR 400 GK73A, Ducati Monster 600, Honda Hornet 600.
Sold. Stolen. Written off. Sold. Current.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wristjob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:17 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
_mjs_ wrote:
Maybe someone will offer to help you fix your bike, but you'd have to be a complete nugget to lend a vehicle to someone you don't even know Laughing


Why so? If people on here need a bike, pretty sure someone would offer their spare. I've been loaned a bike from a user on here for nearly 5 months Shocked


5 months! is there some cash favours going the other way?
otherwise you are taking the piss.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

_mjs_
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 23 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:18 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
_mjs_ wrote:
Maybe someone will offer to help you fix your bike, but you'd have to be a complete nugget to lend a vehicle to someone you don't even know Laughing


Why so? If people on here need a bike, pretty sure someone would offer their spare. I've been loaned a bike from a user on here for nearly 5 months Shocked


Because they might steal it, crash it, break it, have it seized by the coppers etc.

Plus I'm a tight-fisted Yorkshireman Laughing
____________________
Previous Bikes: 2006 Honda XR125L > 2003 Yamaha DT125R > 1996 Honda CB500
Current bikes: 1997 Kawasaki ZZR 600 E5 > 2006 Honda Varadero XL125V
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:23 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously there are rules n shit Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DMCpro
Traffic Copper



Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:29 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a spare triumph rocket 3 or a hayabusa for the weekend? Bikes going in the shop so I won't be able to get around :'(
____________________
Honda CB-1, TS125X
VW Golf Estate
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:39 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMCpro wrote:
Does anyone have a spare triumph rocket 3 or a hayabusa for the weekend? Bikes going in the shop so I won't be able to get around :'(


I have a spare Hayabusa this weekend.




No.
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DMCpro
Traffic Copper



Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:51 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
DMCpro wrote:
Does anyone have a spare triumph rocket 3 or a hayabusa for the weekend? Bikes going in the shop so I won't be able to get around :'(


I have a spare Hayabusa this weekend.




No.


I was kinda leaning towards the rocket III but I suppose a busa will do
____________________
Honda CB-1, TS125X
VW Golf Estate
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:57 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get to Coventry and you can borrow my VFR 750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MattJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:17 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be off topic.


You've got a PM Tristan. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:20 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattJ wrote:
Sorry to be off topic.


You've got a PM Tristan. Thumbs Up


I do not. I have a period.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MattJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:23 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you do now.


On a completely unrelated note, 'tristan' may have a PM that makes no sense to them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:28 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattJ wrote:
Well you do now.


On a completely unrelated note, 'tristan' may have a PM that makes no sense to them.


Fuck that guy.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GTR1400
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 16 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:30 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously this isn't ideal, and I'm attempting to get my bike sorted first - having it looked at first thing tomorrow - however I put this up as a "last resort"... it's not like I was expecting people to be throwing their most prized bikes at me.. but I know personally if I had a spare and it could help somebody out, then I'd be more than happy to.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MattJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:30 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, fuck him. He was no help whatsoever.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stuartt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:35 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

a busa & rocket is the 2 bikes i'm lucky to have .

only once in glasgow a mate said " you know what i think i'll have a shot of your busa "

i was kind of taken by surprise & said yes no probs be carefull in 1st in fact be carefull in 2nd to Very Happy

knowing the guy is a bit of a loony i had about 5 very long mins waiting for him to come back Very Happy

the bike came back in the same condition as he got it thank fk !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TheManWithThe...
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:39 - 31 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you posted in the workshop asking for advice on how to go about fixing the problem? Probably more people willing to give away advice than give away a bike Wink

(I did have a search on your author name, but couldn't find any, so forgive me if you already have)
____________________
MBK Nitro 50, Sold. Kawasaki ER-5, Honda ST1100
"Anyone can jump a motorcycle! The trouble begins when you try to land it..."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 337 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.67 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 117.92 Kb