Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Ace Cafe tonight?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

reed
Nearly there...



Joined: 28 Oct 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:09 - 01 Nov 2013    Post subject: Ace Cafe tonight? Reply with quote

I've never been to any Ace Cafe event but I quite fancy seeing what it's like up there, they have this on tonight, (see link) just wondering if it'll be worth it?

https://www.ace-cafe-london.com/event_view.aspx?event_id=812&date=2013/11/01
____________________
Generic XOR 50, Gilera SMT 50, GSXR 400 GK73A, Ducati Monster 600, Honda Hornet 600.
Sold. Stolen. Written off. Sold. Current.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:14 - 01 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike nights are all-right, they're a bit quieter this time of year, don't think I've been to a bike night since this time last year but I get the impression thy are trying to crack down on the stunting now which was the main draw for much of the crowd.

Still, worth a visit if you've never been before depending on how far you have to ride to get there.
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

reed
Nearly there...



Joined: 28 Oct 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:17 - 01 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
Bike nights are all-right, they're a bit quieter this time of year, don't think I've been to a bike night since this time last year but I get the impression thy are trying to crack down on the stunting now which was the main draw for much of the crowd.

Still, worth a visit if you've never been before depending on how far you have to ride to get there.


It's about 80 miles there, so not massively far. Im trying to convince some mates to come.
____________________
Generic XOR 50, Gilera SMT 50, GSXR 400 GK73A, Ducati Monster 600, Honda Hornet 600.
Sold. Stolen. Written off. Sold. Current.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:20 - 01 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

160 mile round trip is a fair distance! I guess if you've never been before it might be worth it. It's 20 odd for me and I've ridden there just for the breakfast before Laughing
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ukdiceman
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 19 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:51 - 01 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
160 mile round trip is a fair distance! I guess if you've never been before it might be worth it. It's 20 odd for me and I've ridden there just for the breakfast before Laughing


And the burgers are good Thumbs Up
____________________
FZ6 Fazer
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:55 - 01 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bike nights can be fun, lots of stunting silliness up and down the road during the summer but on a wet night in November probably very little! They had some weird security team lining the road there the last time I went, don't know if they were representing the council or the cafe but there was a marked lack of shenanigans going on on the road outside. The best times to go for me can be when they have a specific event on, i.e. Kawasaki day, 'Italian bikes' etc more usually at weekends just for the range of interesting machinery to look at but for the sake of somewhere to ride to on a Friday night and have some biking atmosphere at the other end it can be good for a ride to.
____________________
My bikes: 2003 KAWASAKI ZRX1200R, 1996 YAMAHA DIVERSION XJ900S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:00 - 01 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdiceman wrote:
c_dug wrote:
160 mile round trip is a fair distance! I guess if you've never been before it might be worth it. It's 20 odd for me and I've ridden there just for the breakfast before Laughing


And the burgers are good Thumbs Up


Their gammon egg and chips is superb!
____________________
My bikes: 2003 KAWASAKI ZRX1200R, 1996 YAMAHA DIVERSION XJ900S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 335 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.82 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 53.74 Kb