Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


f**king diesel

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Nemo
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 30 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:56 - 03 Nov 2013    Post subject: f**king diesel Reply with quote

Managed to slip on some diesel while slowing for traffic lights, rode to hospital a couple of hours later since I still hurt, resulted in a broken wrist.

The road was wet and the sun just broke through so the road was like a mirror and couldn't see it until I had a look after.

Take it easy guys.
____________________
Previously owned: Kawasaki KH125, Suzuki GP125, Suzuki GX 125, Honda CB125 TDC '83, Honda ntv 600, Kawasaki ER5, Kawasaki ZZR600, Aprilia RSV 1000 Mille
Now own: Ducati 848 evo
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:12 - 03 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck. GWS.

Wrist injuries are funny. I low sided, er, fell off my pedal bike a few years back in the ice and landed hard. First thought, check to see if anyone saw... Nope... get back on and pretend nothing happened. Hour later, feck me my wrist is hurting, oh and it's swelling that's odd. Cycle home one handed and get a lift to the hospital.
____________________
KTM 990 SMT & Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Derivative
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:05 - 03 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I broke my wrist it felt like my arm had been cut off, no way would I have been able to use it. A form of pain that I haven't experienced before or since. It wasn't excruciating, it felt like a sort of powerful signal not to use the hand. Odd.

After about an hour or two it was just standard pain if I rotated it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

daemonoid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:30 - 03 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derivative wrote:
When I broke my wrist it felt like my arm had been cut off, no way would I have been able to use it. A form of pain that I haven't experienced before or since. It wasn't excruciating, it felt like a sort of powerful signal not to use the hand. Odd.

After about an hour or two it was just standard pain if I rotated it.


I've broken many bones, my wrist was a horrific one that required surgery and it was essentially useless... Bloody see-saws... Others though have been fairly minor... I broke the other elbow at the same time as the wrist and only found out at the first checkup appointment. My leg was minor and pretty painless except when I put weight on it. I was playing football in a cast within days.

Broken bones can be so random...
____________________
current: ducati monster 750
past: hyosung gt250r, bajaj pulsar 180, hyosung gt 125 comet
@thomasgarrard | www.straitjkt.com | www.racingseven.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Snorty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:38 - 03 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damp fucking leaves that have been compacted into the ground are the worst, especially one corners. Lost my back end a few times yesterday on them. No avoiding them - there's nowhere to go!
____________________
Current: Yamaha FZ1 '07 | GSXR 750 SRAD

Past: CB125TDC | TZR125 | GPZ500 | CBR600F3 | ZX9-R | GSXR1000 K4
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:00 - 03 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have a working hand free to call your local council's roads department and get it cleaned up?

GWS and all that.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SteveZZR
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 13 Jul 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:30 - 03 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a diesel mishap this time last year. I managed to bounce a couple of hundred metres, get up, limp a few hundred more metres down hill, and pick up my bike (ZZR 600 =200Kg dry) before realising I was nearly down to bone on my elbow and had quite a bit of blood dripping out my sleeve, then suddenly couldn't use my hand - ferkin broken wrist!

GWS!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

yaigi
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:44 - 03 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveZZR wrote:
I had a diesel mishap this time last year. I managed to bounce a couple of hundred metres, get up, limp a few hundred more metres down hill, and pick up my bike (ZZR 600 =200Kg dry) before realising I was nearly down to bone on my elbow and had quite a bit of blood dripping out my sleeve, then suddenly couldn't use my hand - ferkin broken wrist!

GWS!


It's funny how sometimes it isn't until you see an injury it starts hurting isn't it? So many times I've cut myself on random things and not noticed until ages later when I've smeared blood on something and then I'm all "Ow that fucking hurts"!

In a much more serious accident than any of my random scrapes, my Dad lost his leg - he said he fell, got up, tried to run again, fell again, got up, and then after the third fall thought hang on, somethings up... oh fuck, where's my leg gone? Can't recall any pain whatsoever at the scene of the accident. Said the most pain he felt (and it was insanely painful mind!) was one night when he was in hospital he woke up, forgot where he was, went to get out of bed, fell on the raw stump of his leg and screamed the bloody hospital down. Ugh, can you imagine, all those nerves that used to go to the rest of your leg and foot, all bunched up in a stump, and hitting the ground at the same time. Fuck.

Anyway, I'm rambling, what a bugger slipping on diesel, glad you weren't going at speed and it was nothing more serious Nemo. Which wrist you broke?!
____________________
What would you do in life, if you knew you could not fail?
Currently own - Fazer 600, 2000, Red. (But no riding as baby on board atm)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

johnnyarctic
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:28 - 03 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrist breaking hurts. landed hard on my palm and pushed it up at the wrist, breaking a few bits of bone off inside. my hand was was all curled over. had to have surgery to put a pin in it.

morphine is awesome!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

nathan k
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 28 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:34 - 03 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate diesel spills, I was test driving my first bike when I hit a diesel spill at a roundabout and locked the front...good thing I was going to buy it anyway. Embarassed

Anyone else crashed on the test drive lol?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:45 - 03 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked your bike, aside from the indicator and scuffs on brake lever/mirror/bar end, it really isn't too bad Thumbs Up

I would be swapping those bars however... they don't look straight, then again, neither does the bike on its centre stand... Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:51 - 03 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst one I ever hit was at the bottom of the big hill out of Bewdley, My wheels just spun as I tried to get up it.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

goto10
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Oct 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:03 - 04 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old bike just called me and said that he hates you and can he come back.
____________________
'12 NC700S & '12 CB600F Hornet [Stolen by some dickless twat] Suzuki GT500 shed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nemo
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 30 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:43 - 04 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Just checked your bike, aside from the indicator and scuffs on brake lever/mirror/bar end, it really isn't too bad Thumbs Up

I would be swapping those bars however... they don't look straight, then again, neither does the bike on its centre stand... Laughing


Its only superficial stuff, the engine bars saved the day Thumbs Up

Needs new indicator, sounds like exhaust slightly blowing + lost a rivet, need new bar and clocks and that's about it (needs new clocks any way)

Pain in the arse, can't use it till after christmas now Sad
____________________
Previously owned: Kawasaki KH125, Suzuki GP125, Suzuki GX 125, Honda CB125 TDC '83, Honda ntv 600, Kawasaki ER5, Kawasaki ZZR600, Aprilia RSV 1000 Mille
Now own: Ducati 848 evo
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:55 - 04 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemo wrote:
Pain in the arse, can't use it till after christmas now Sad


Mr. Green I know of someone who needs a road bike.


Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dalemac
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:28 - 04 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Did you have a working hand free to call your local council's roads department and get it cleaned up?

GWS and all that.


I did this the other week. Fekking massive diesel spill, looked like a lorry had completely shat itself as it was everywhere.

Didn't witness the cleanup crew but it was all gone by the time I left work. So they actually do listen!
____________________
YBR125 -> GPZ500S -> SL1000
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nemo
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 30 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:52 - 04 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Did you have a working hand free to call your local council's roads department and get it cleaned up?

GWS and all that.


I didn't because I was too busy being trapped under the bike and being in pain.

I went to take photos of the spill the next day but it had gone, so I guess one of the kind people that stopped did phone.
____________________
Previously owned: Kawasaki KH125, Suzuki GP125, Suzuki GX 125, Honda CB125 TDC '83, Honda ntv 600, Kawasaki ER5, Kawasaki ZZR600, Aprilia RSV 1000 Mille
Now own: Ducati 848 evo
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

J0Al1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:12 - 05 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it always diesel that gets the balme and not petrol?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SteveZZR
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 13 Jul 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:30 - 05 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissEd wrote:
Why is it always diesel that gets the balme and not petrol?


Because you can smell petrol and be ready for it?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:33 - 05 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissEd wrote:
Why is it always diesel that gets the balme and not petrol?


Because petrol evaporates very quickly and is much less oily than diesel.

Diesel is greasy and takes ages to evaporate.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Snorty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:38 - 05 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting thing when you look at the log book of (some?) diesel vehicles: when it says fuel type, it's listed as "heavy oil".

So yeah, slippy stuff!
____________________
Current: Yamaha FZ1 '07 | GSXR 750 SRAD

Past: CB125TDC | TZR125 | GPZ500 | CBR600F3 | ZX9-R | GSXR1000 K4
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:08 - 05 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveZZR wrote:
MissEd wrote:
Why is it always diesel that gets the balme and not petrol?


Because you can smell petrol and be ready for it?


Diesel smells pretty rank, it's definitely noticeable .....I like the smell of petrol though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

james1988
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:25 - 05 Nov 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale_Mckeown wrote:
I did this the other week. Fekking massive diesel spill, looked like a lorry had completely shat itself as it was everywhere.

Didn't witness the cleanup crew but it was all gone by the time I left work. So they actually do listen!


I was told to phone the fire service. I phoned the non emergency number and was told to phone 999 as it's an emergency number jobby.

The fire service turned up within minutes and spent the next forty minutes cleaning the spill up.

James
____________________
Honda XL1000VA '07
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 331 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 1.41 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 125.6 Kb