Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Handbags at dawn

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

barrkel
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:01 - 19 Dec 2013    Post subject: Handbags at dawn Reply with quote

Had an amusing encounter today with an aggressive chap on another scooter, on the A12 approach to Bow roundabout. Clogged with traffic because the Blackwall tunnel is closed southbound.

Appears to be a knowledge boy, but from his style of riding, I wouldn't like to see him on the road in a taxi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Xz2MclTeQ

I'm minding my own business for the first 30 seconds, before he barges through and clips the wing mirror of the car to my left. I reckon he's worth observing, so zip off after him, and he doesn't disappoint, almost riding into another mirror in an ungainly display of poor handling. Surprising to see from a non-learner, unless he's lost his L-plate.

As we go into the Bow roundabout - the one that's been in the news for all the cyclist deaths - I'm in position to filter and indicate it with a shoulder-check, and he decides to cut me off. Not really a surprise, but I give him a beep in any case, and he gives me the finger in return! So I return the favour with close overtake.

He then rides into me and gives me a shove with his elbow, yelling something I couldn't make out. In any case I left him behind as I continued on to Tescos. I believe he was headed for WizAnns down by Essential Rubber.

Livened up my day Smile
____________________
Bikes: S1000R, SH350; Exes: Vity 125, PS125, YBR125, ER6f, VFR800, Brutale 920, CB600F, SH300x4
Best road ever ridden: www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2MhNxUEYtQ
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:10 - 19 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you knocked him off then?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

barrkel
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:26 - 19 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:
So you knocked him off then?


Of course not.
____________________
Bikes: S1000R, SH350; Exes: Vity 125, PS125, YBR125, ER6f, VFR800, Brutale 920, CB600F, SH300x4
Best road ever ridden: www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2MhNxUEYtQ
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

_mjs_
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 23 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:30 - 19 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice little clip, the guy rides like a noob Thumbs Up
____________________
Previous Bikes: 2006 Honda XR125L > 2003 Yamaha DT125R > 1996 Honda CB500
Current bikes: 1997 Kawasaki ZZR 600 E5 > 2006 Honda Varadero XL125V
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:30 - 19 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass the popcorn
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lihp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:34 - 19 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ride like a nobber, guy makes a mistake, and obviously a danger, so you chase him down, give him another hazard to think about when he is already struggling, and then start racing him through traffic just to prove a point to your ego.

You are more of a danger than he was.
____________________
covent.gardens: lihp is my most favourite member ever
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

barrkel
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 19 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilDawson8270 wrote:
You ride like a nobber

Oh I agree, I was being a dick, no doubt about it.
____________________
Bikes: S1000R, SH350; Exes: Vity 125, PS125, YBR125, ER6f, VFR800, Brutale 920, CB600F, SH300x4
Best road ever ridden: www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2MhNxUEYtQ
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:48 - 19 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm down ladies.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Doovy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:21 - 19 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha. I rode up that exact same stretch today, except I turn right down Mile End road at Bow Roundabout. Quite a traffic jam up to the diversion.

Load of police around there recently, surprised you didn't get shouted at like I did the other week for filtering round there.
____________________
Yamaha RXS 100 > Honda CD 250 > Honda Hornet 600 > Honda CBR 600RR > Yamaha RXS 100 > Kawasaki ZX6R J2 > Yamaha FZ1
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

workboots
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 14 May 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:40 - 19 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymkZI0x-0y4
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

goto10
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Oct 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:42 - 23 Dec 2013    Post subject: Re: Handbags at dawn Reply with quote

barrkel wrote:
Had an amusing encounter today with an aggressive chap on another scooter, on the A12 approach to Bow roundabout. Clogged with traffic because the Blackwall tunnel is closed southbound.

Appears to be a knowledge boy, but from his style of riding, I wouldn't like to see him on the road in a taxi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Xz2MclTeQ

I'm minding my own business for the first 30 seconds, before he barges through and clips the wing mirror of the car to my left. I reckon he's worth observing, so zip off after him, and he doesn't disappoint, almost riding into another mirror in an ungainly display of poor handling. Surprising to see from a non-learner, unless he's lost his L-plate.

As we go into the Bow roundabout - the one that's been in the news for all the cyclist deaths - I'm in position to filter and indicate it with a shoulder-check, and he decides to cut me off. Not really a surprise, but I give him a beep in any case, and he gives me the finger in return! So I return the favour with close overtake.

He then rides into me and gives me a shove with his elbow, yelling something I couldn't make out. In any case I left him behind as I continued on to Tescos. I believe he was headed for WizAnns down by Essential Rubber.

Livened up my day Smile


I hate getting stuck behind people like you when filtering!
You can get through. You can get through. You CAN get through - FOR F'K SAKE GO THROUGH OR GTFO of my way!
Looks like butt-hurt (on your part) when the other scooter gets past you (he's shit too though)
____________________
'12 NC700S & '12 CB600F Hornet [Stolen by some dickless twat] Suzuki GT500 shed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DSK
Nova Slayer



Joined: 12 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:05 - 23 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL he catches up with you, you glance over and see him to your right quite close and you shit yourself and piss off down the side of the bus.

If he'd have given you a pasting you'd have deserved it.

Who made you the filtering police anyway?
____________________
Current Bike - 1990 CBR600 FL Benetton edition.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Boris the spider
Nearly there...



Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:17 - 23 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy whooped yer ass.
You get miffed and try to hunt him down.
Jeeze. Way to go hero.
I have problems getting past folk on bikes that wont make progress thro traffic.
And have had the same done to me when I hav been unsure of a gap.

Get over it.
____________________
Yes I'm a pig....And yes... The working public do pay my wages. Tho I contribute to your benefits you lazy c##t. You do not pay my wages. So go fcuk yourself.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 282 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.92 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 78.28 Kb