Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


2001 Yamaha XJ 600 N 17k miles (end of Feb???)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ViniH
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 04 Nov 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:03 - 10 Jan 2014    Post subject: [FOR SALE] 2001 Yamaha XJ 600 N 17k miles (end of Feb???) Reply with quote

Hi,

I went to pick up a spare ignition key at my local Yamaha dealer today, and somehow ended up ordering an MT-07, which will arrive at the end of February. As such I am looking to sell my current bike - a red Yamaha XJ 600 N.

I would like to make the trade as close as possible to the end of February (give or take a week or three) so if you're not looking to buy until the weather improves, this might be ideal for you.

The bike is in really good condition, starts first time every time, is pretty economical (about 10p a mile in fuel), and has been a thoroughly excellent first big-bike.

Good Things:
    Really cheap insurance.
    Not a theft target.
    Low mileage.
    Taxed until April
    New Delkevic stainless steel 4-1 down pipes and stubby silencer (with easily removable baffle) fitted 2/12/13
    New chain fitted 2/12/13
    Near-new front and back tyres.
    New front brake pads.
    Great condition overall.
    No drop damage or accident damage.
    Has been ridden like a granny since I got it.
    I will thoroughly clean the bike before you take it if you want me to.
    Loads of old MOTs and service history.
    MOT'd on 3/2/14 - needed rear brake pads which I got replaced and fitted by the garage, so it now has new rear brake pads and 12 months MOT.



Bad Things:
    I don't have the little key for the steering lock (which is off).
    Luggage rack is a bit spotted with rust but could be easily cleaned/restored.
    The bike will probably have another 1500-2000 miles on it by the end of February (but at least you know it is being used and maintained).

Extras:
    Large red Oxford canvas panniers.
    Chrome luggage rack (which I took off as I don't use it).
    Front wind shield fitted.
    Interesting chrome after-market brake fluid reservoir fitted.
    Could supply original downpipes and silencers as part of the deal.
    Could supply some tools as part of the deal.
    Could throw in some other bits and bobs, including a heavy duty chain and padlock, brake lock.
    May be willing to leave the Tucano Urbano Nylon muffs attached.


Happy for viewings/test rides (with proof of insurance)/etc.

Last but not least, I am willing to deliver the bike to anywhere in the mainland UK for the cost of my public transport back home (train or whatever). I am based in Cardiff.

I might be willing to sell it early and use the train for work until my new bike comes, but I wont be doing that and accepting low-ball offers.

I have been offered £1000 for it part-exchange, by a garage who knows its history - which should tell you plenty - but I would rather sell it to an individual at a good price than boost the coffers of a local business with a really nice example a well-maintained older bike.

I am looking for £1200 with the old exhaust system, and all the other stuff listed (including the muffs and tools like 3/4 power bar and socket sets that I bought for fitting new exhaust, etc).

£1000 if you just want the bike.

Any questions/requests for more pictures, etc, please message me.

https://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/side_shot.png
____________________
Currently Riding: MT-07 Previous: XJ 600 N
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 266 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.55 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 30.81 Kb