Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Using own bike for A2 test

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:03 - 28 Dec 2004    Post subject: Using own bike for A2 test Reply with quote

Is a race can going to get me shafted?

It wouldn't pass an MOT with that exhaust on it I think. So will I be able to take my test with that exhaust on?

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NickD
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:41 - 28 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have guessed that the bike would have to be 100% legal for your test. They wouldn't let me take the IAM test with my race can on either. As far as MOT is concerned, it depends where you go, My can is very loud, clearly marked 'not for road use', and yet I've never had a problem MOT-ing it yet.
____________________
I was only doing what it said on my licence officer....
Tear along the dotted line!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny



Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:43 - 28 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used my own SR 125 on my test and he barely checked it over!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tatters
Exxon Valdez



Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:01 - 28 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

used my NSR125RR with nikon pipe, S&B pod filter (very loud) on my A2 test, no questions asked.
____________________
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:24 - 29 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are looking up then I guess.

I'll give it a go, I suppose absolute worst case scenario I lose the test fee, which is quite a lot of money.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rollins
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 15 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:36 - 29 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on who you get for your test really

My first test was with an examiner who was scrutinising over whether my bike was legal, he's known for being very hard on people. And hey, he didn't even let me take my test because i couldn't prove that my RS125 was restricted.

But my second examiner obviously wasn't a biker (followed me in the car), and didn't bat an eyelid about whether it was restricted or not, and hey ho, took the test and passed.
____________________
"... I wouldn't mind doing 130 up to a T junction, but unfortunately my bike tops out at 120 which is gay..."
2005 CBR600RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tatters
Exxon Valdez



Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:43 - 29 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

the twats l did my training with wanted me to prove that my NSR125 was under 33bhp for the A2 tranning, and that it was a reqiurement for all sports 125cc, even de-resistriced they don,t make 33bhp. (though l think they were scamming trying to get people to pay to use there SR,s for tranning)
____________________
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 279 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.33 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 52.21 Kb