Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


They are having a laugh..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

nick.h
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:12 - 20 Dec 2004    Post subject: They are having a laugh.. Reply with quote

I just got a quote for my Rieju RS1. I've benn getting quotes around 700 squid, and i was seeing if this is what im going to get off everyone. I was on a website that recommended insurance websites. the one i clicked on was highly recommended, and apparently had saved them nearly half on a previous quote.

Anyway this is the result i got back:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/idratherdiethaneatmustard/bastards.jpg

£1427.50 and £200 excess...

they have got to be having a laugh, the bikes only a 50!!
____________________
[Italjet MM5A] ll [Rieju RS1 Evolution] ll [Suzuki GS500e] ll [Suzuki GSX600F] ll [Honda CG125] ll [Pug Elyseo 125] ll [Yamaha YZF750R] ll [Yamaha Thunderace] ll [Yamaha R6] ll [Triumph 955i] ll [Hayabusa RZK3] ll [Suzuki RGV250] ll
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pipnet11
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:52 - 20 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprising. NE bike were bloody cheap for me. Nearly £150 cheaper than anywhere else.
____________________
I love the girls that do, I hate the girls that dont, I hate the girls who say they will and then they say they wont, but the girl I like most of all and I think youll say Im right, is the girl who says she never has but looks as though she might. - Max Bygraves
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

simon1221
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:16 - 22 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

try www.biketeam.co.uk

they quoted me about half the price of all others on my tzr
____________________
DNA50 (sorry) ->> TZR125l >> GPZ500S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mantzy
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 30 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:34 - 23 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a quote from them...£550 more expensive then current insurance!

Lucky I'm not actually looking, just bored so thought I'd test them out! Most would offer quotes as I'm not over 25 I think.

But your £1427 for a 50cc seems a little steep!
____________________
Current Bikes: 2010 Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Previous Bikes: 2002 Sachs XTC, 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R, 2004 GSX-R 600 K4, 2006 Yamaha XT660X
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nick.h
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:04 - 23 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! bike team are brilliant!

Third Party Fire and Theft: £364.00 with an excess of £300.00. Legal cover is also included.

Thats a saving of over a grand!
____________________
[Italjet MM5A] ll [Rieju RS1 Evolution] ll [Suzuki GS500e] ll [Suzuki GSX600F] ll [Honda CG125] ll [Pug Elyseo 125] ll [Yamaha YZF750R] ll [Yamaha Thunderace] ll [Yamaha R6] ll [Triumph 955i] ll [Hayabusa RZK3] ll [Suzuki RGV250] ll
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gsxrboy
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:29 - 23 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things have changed a little since i had my 50 Confused that was way, way back in the earlie 90's when men were men and mopeds only did 35mph..... my policy cost me a staggering £88 per year third party fire and theft with norwich union.

Next time you speak to them just say "Gsxrboy only paid £88 a year and I want a price match...."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

simon1221
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:25 - 23 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup there tailored for young bikers


have fun!
____________________
DNA50 (sorry) ->> TZR125l >> GPZ500S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

divuk83
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:19 - 23 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just asked for a quote of bike team. Hopefully they will beat MCE.

Dave
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

nick.h
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:11 - 29 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got another quote with bike team just to make sure that all the details i put in were correct, and managed to get a lower price. there was an option to put in the best quote i have recieved, so i put in the one they gave me previously.

i went from -

£364.00 with an excess of £300.00.

to

£336.00 with an excess of £200.00
____________________
[Italjet MM5A] ll [Rieju RS1 Evolution] ll [Suzuki GS500e] ll [Suzuki GSX600F] ll [Honda CG125] ll [Pug Elyseo 125] ll [Yamaha YZF750R] ll [Yamaha Thunderace] ll [Yamaha R6] ll [Triumph 955i] ll [Hayabusa RZK3] ll [Suzuki RGV250] ll
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pipnet11
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:52 - 29 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got qouted £364 with £250 excess. Mabey NE Bike wernt as cheap as I thought. Shocked
____________________
I love the girls that do, I hate the girls that dont, I hate the girls who say they will and then they say they wont, but the girl I like most of all and I think youll say Im right, is the girl who says she never has but looks as though she might. - Max Bygraves
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

8316
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 08 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:29 - 29 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried www.motorcycledirect.co.uk ? its long to fill in, but its very good-gave me a great quote Smile
hope it helps Wink [/url]
____________________
Now own a Fireblade!! Speed Limits? Bah!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 279 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.24 Sec - Server Load: 0.55 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 68.66 Kb