Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I need to ride a bike...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Bubbs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:49 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: I need to ride a bike... Reply with quote

Bought these lovely bike gloves last week on fleabay. RST leather gloves. I've not taken them off since I got back from work. Never had decent gloves before, I always thought "gloves are gloves... not much difference." I was very wrong my friend, they are amazing.

https://i.ebayimg.com/t/RST-MOTORCYCLE-GLOVES-MEDIUM-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/5cgAAOxy4dNS5VZN/$_57.JPG

It makes me feel 'ready' for riding a bike. Like I have to ride a bike right now to see what this feels like with awesome gloves.

This rain is pissing me off, I really really want to ride.

So big thumbs up from me on decent gloves.

Can only imagine what Knoxx Handroid gloves will be like to wear.


*Had a few spliffs just to put in to context what my mind was like when I wrote this... feeling happy and touchy feely*

Mr. Green
____________________
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bubbs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:50 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and only paid £10
____________________
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kramdra
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:57 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Re: I need to ride a bike... Reply with quote

They dont look awesome, they look shit. They look like £10 gloves that will disintegrate on contact with ground Laughing


Will be very happy when I can put the dianese winter gloves away for my A*'s.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bubbs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:13 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Re: I need to ride a bike... Reply with quote

kramdra wrote:
They dont look awesome, they look shit. They look like £10 gloves that will disintegrate on contact with ground Laughing


Will be very happy when I can put the dianese winter gloves away for my A*'s.


Well they feel really nice. Can't afford Dainesse and stuff like that.
____________________
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GrumpyGuts
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:39 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find with RST gloves, especially with the Evo's, the threads come apart. I only wore mine for about 3 months before they started to come apart!
____________________
My Bikes: Lifan Beat 125cc '11 -> Suzuki B120P '76 -> Suzuki EN 125-2A '08 -> Honda CG 125 '04 -> Honda CB600F Hornet '98 -> Kawasaki ZZR 600 '99 -> Kawasaki GPZ 500S '95 (Current)
Theory test passed - 09/02/2012 >>>> Module 1 passed 24/07/2012 >>>> Module 2 passed 24/10/2012
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:42 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gloves look cool, do they have Kevlar in them?
Kevlar is worth far more than a designer label.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:46 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

You missed a trick there fella.
https://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh10/torty_2008/shadturt_zps31a9b2c2.jpg

Gloves look ok, hope they're a bargain.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ricknchi
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 15 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:06 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gloves look okay especially for a tenner!
I have used rst kit for years, currently got some boots, textile jacket and one piece leathers (crash tested at around a ton) and they are brilliant prob done around 15k miles with them and all in good condition and lasting very well, will definatly buy rst stuff again, Henry cole off motorcycle diaries also uses rst kit.
I also have alpinestars trousers and coat, frank Thomas one piece , arai lid and sidi boots, so have something to compare it to, sure some of the other makes feel a bit better made but not worth over twice the price in my opinion.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave70
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:15 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrumpyGuts wrote:
I find with RST gloves, especially with the Evo's, the threads come apart. I only wore mine for about 3 months before they started to come apart!

My ones didn't even last that long. Velcro stopped sticking, knuckle protectors cracked and stated to fall off and the stitching came undone. That's with normal riding. Fk knows what would happen to them if you actually crashed and slid down the road on them, bye bye hands probably.

I do have an RST leather two piece that's okay though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

karoshi
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:36 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
You missed a trick there fella.


Do "deformed rabbit"? Smile

I had RST Blade gloves for over a year before the finger stitching started to let go, until then they were pretty nice gloves though.
____________________
Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. - Elwood P. Dowd
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:03 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gloves, eh? Don't talk to me about gloves. I bought a pair of unbranded armoured gloves from eBay for a tenner, oh, nigh on 5 years ago, wear them day in and day out, and they're still completely intact. What's all that about, I don't have any sort of excuse to buy new ones. Mad
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave70
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:28 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Gloves, eh? Don't talk to me about gloves. I bought a pair of unbranded armoured gloves from eBay for a tenner, oh, nigh on 5 years ago, wear them day in and day out, and they're still completely intact. What's all that about, I don't have any sort of excuse to buy new ones. Mad

The most reliable and most waterproof gloves I've ever bought, were also some unbranded cheap things (cost me somewhere between £13 -15). I still use them now, about 18 months later. They're too warm for summer use though and don't look at all sexy and cool. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kramdra
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:00 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

If gloves are falling apart without crash damage something is wrong Shocked My A*'s have lost some material from palms, knuckle sliders are a bit scratched, fingers are perfect Thumbs Up

Dianese winter gloves also crashed. Palm stitching coming undone but glued back on, knuckles scratched, left index finger textile has split open showing the goretex... a little more life left Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bladerunner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:05 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as hand protection goes......£10 worth....they look good. the basic leather skin as well as added armour/multi layer and cuff velcro as well as wrist velcro to prevent them coming off if pulled in that direction by the road in a slide! maybe not the best but for £10 they look like they are 100% better than saving £10 and having no protection and better than just about any £10 glove thats not road bike designed . I,ve crashed at a ton plus in worse and they saves my hands!

at the end of the day a £1000 pair of moto gp gloves wont save you if you get your finger trapped under the bike or even a handlebar and no gloves will scar you for life if you land at 30mph....these look good enough for the average get off and cheap enough to replace when they get worn!
____________________
Current bikes...cbr929, KDX200's, Rd125lc mk2, RGV250's
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bubbs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:35 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

What have been the best gloves you guys have worn then?

I think i'm just getting excited because i've just bought a new bike and not ridden in 2 years. Little things like new gloves are bumping up the excitement.

Could do with a new lid and jacket too, so i'm ebay/gumtree stalking.

Siddi leather jacket is on my watch list, and alpine stars leathers, just hoping no one puts any bids on so I can have them for £10 ish too.
____________________
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kramdra
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:36 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the most comfortable are the free ones I got with a chinky motorbike (£200 total). They also have a better wrist strap - The A*'s could easily pull off Laughing Not sure why I dont wear them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

esullivan
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 06 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:10 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the Imelda Marcos of gloves. (Clicky for the youngsters, first paragraph.) I can't walk into a gear shop without trying several on, and frequently walk out with a new and completely unnecessary pair. The best I have are probably the Rukka Apollos, which are expensive and I've worn them so much they make my hands smell. My wife, on the other, won't spend any more than £10 on any gloves and still wears her first pair, so we're reversing the usual stereotypes.
____________________
Current: '14 VFR800X Test passed 31/10/12.
Previous: '12 NC700S, '11 CBF 125, '04 SH 125.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:20 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Gloves, eh? Don't talk to me about gloves. I bought a pair of unbranded armoured gloves from eBay for a tenner, oh, nigh on 5 years ago, wear them day in and day out, and they're still completely intact. What's all that about, I don't have any sort of excuse to buy new ones. Mad

The most reliable and most waterproof gloves I've ever bought, were also some unbranded cheap things (cost me somewhere between £13 -15). I still use them now, about 18 months later. They're too warm for summer use though and don't look at all sexy and cool. Laughing
I still have the original gloves I got for my CBT 7 odd years back. I don't use them much anymore, although they're in perfectly good condition. Cost 25 quid from a local bike shop, no brand. Done about 20k plus miles in them, in all weathers,even though they're not waterproof Laughing. Drenched in the bath many times - never treated with leather products etc.

Does seem money doesn't mean much with a lot of gloves. My old alpinestars GP Pros were a little knackered after a long sweaty summer Thinking
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:37 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some Sportex winter gloves in Oban in 1988 and they are still going strong and more or less waterproof, only used in cold or wet weather obviously.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Sep 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:59 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Re: I need to ride a bike... Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:

This rain is pissing me off, I really really want to ride.


Will your bike dissolve if it gets wet then?
____________________
Current bike - 2018 H2-SX, 2004 SV1000s, 2016 Aprilia RSV4 RF, 2017 Sherco SERF 300, 2003 Suzuki DRZ400 (stolen - AY53 JUU)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:08 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand.
What's all this talk about gloves? Confused

I understood you could only mention muffs on BCF until they altered the clocks and spring was here. Thinking
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt B
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:50 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Re: I need to ride a bike... Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
they are amazing... makes me feel 'ready'... I really really want to... feeling happy and touchy feely...


Shocked it's like glove porn!
____________________
stinkwheel: He had an animated .gif of a cat performing fellatio. It's not socially acceptable. It can have real life adverse effects on other people.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:04 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

IME RST gloves don't crash well.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bubbs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:36 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Re: I need to ride a bike... Reply with quote

Monkeypony wrote:
Bubbs wrote:

This rain is pissing me off, I really really want to ride.


Will your bike dissolve if it gets wet then?


Maybe?

Nah my wet weather gear is fucked and from experience of riding 80miles per day for work and back in all weather, being wet is not fun. Plus visor steams, visibility is shit, road is slippery, it's windy as fuck, and just not worth it.

Once I get good gear again i'll be out in all weather but at the moment I have joined the ranks of the fair weather rider, and i'm not ashamed.

Feel like im coming out the closet or something.
____________________
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 238 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.64 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 126.61 Kb