Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Givi Topbox question.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Banger
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:15 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Givi Topbox question. Reply with quote

Well, after years of putting looks before functionality I have finally seen sense.
After binning the thundercat I have today bought a pretty mint, only 6200 miles, 02 Fazer.
The seller threw in a Bagster tank cover, tank bag and soft panniers along with leaving on the Givi rack that was fitted on it. Very Happy
(I tried for the box but he was adamant he was keeping that. )

So, after looking into top boxes I learn there are two types of fitment - Monolock & Monokey.
Can anyone tell me which type this rack in the picture is please ?

https://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii512/banger1891/TopBoxquery_zps5f529026.jpg

Please be Monolock. Praying
____________________
You only get one lap of lifes track . . . . so make it a fast one !
Yamaha . . Keyboards to biking nirvana.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Marmalade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:28 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is Monolock Thumbs Up
____________________
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Banger
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:36 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet ! Thanks for that.
E450 box next on the shopping list then . Smile
____________________
You only get one lap of lifes track . . . . so make it a fast one !
Yamaha . . Keyboards to biking nirvana.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:35 - 08 Feb 2014    Post subject: Re: Givi Topbox question. Reply with quote

Banger wrote:
I tried for the box

This is why we can't have nice Google ads.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Banger
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:44 - 08 Feb 2014    Post subject: Re: Givi Topbox question. Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Banger wrote:
I tried for the box

This is why we can't have nice Google ads.


The things I could have squeezed into that box too given the chance . . Sigh.
____________________
You only get one lap of lifes track . . . . so make it a fast one !
Yamaha . . Keyboards to biking nirvana.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

J.M.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:30 - 08 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kappa make top boxes that fit Givvi racks, and they're cheaper. At least, they do for Monokey (I know, as I've got monokey on mine. I've a Givvi Rack with a Kappa 44L top box on my Thundercat.)

https://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/piccyhogger/MonoKey-MonoLock-case-bottom.gif
____________________
2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

spnorm
Crazy Courier



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:41 - 08 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this place for cheap Givi stuff Thumbs Up I've just bought a V47 topbox off them for £50 less then the cheapest UK price I could find. Delivered in about 4 days from Italy too.

https://www.webmoto.it/index.php
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Banger
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:55 - 08 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

spnorm wrote:
Try this place for cheap Givi stuff Thumbs Up I've just bought a V47 topbox off them for £50 less then the cheapest UK price I could find. Delivered in about 4 days from Italy too.

https://www.webmoto.it/index.php


Cheers. Thumbs Up
____________________
You only get one lap of lifes track . . . . so make it a fast one !
Yamaha . . Keyboards to biking nirvana.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ninja_butler
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Oct 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:04 - 08 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if there's a difference in quality between Kappa and Givi, but my Givi topbox was worth every penny; I did buy it secondhand but it's so good I wouldn't hesitate to buy one brand new.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Marmalade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:41 - 08 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a kappa box on a monokey plate on my pan euro, paid £16 via ebay because it was scratched in an accident and had no keys.

I'd say it is as good quality as givi, I'd say it's likely they are made in the same place from the same parts.
____________________
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 236 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.56 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 66.23 Kb