|
|
| Author |
Message |
| thewhyoffry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thewhyoffry Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 18 Feb 2014 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:18 - 18 Feb 2014 Post subject: DAS training North London/Watford? |
 |
|
Hi all,
Just wondering if anybody has any personal recommendations on where I should go for my DAS. Live in Watford but happy to go pretty much anywhere in London if it is a good center. A local place in Ruislip can do a 3 day course for £600 but when I was there for my CBT a year or so ago the instructors were a bit arsey so wondering if anybody has any recommendations?
Ta! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| j.silvs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 j.silvs World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Dec 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thewhyoffry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thewhyoffry Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 18 Feb 2014 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| esullivan |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 esullivan Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:51 - 21 Feb 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I did my CBT and my last DAS course at a place in Northolt, called Passmasters, near the Polish War Memorial. Is that the Ruislip one you are referring to? I didn't enjoy the CBT experience and found at least one of the instructors to be a real arsehole and clearly a burn-out case.
Mostly because of that, I went through the BMW riding school, which was in Wales back then, for my DAS. I failed on the mod 1 (mostly because of nerves), bought a 125, commuted for several months, and then did a quick two-day course through Passmasters -- reluctantly, but they are just down the road from me.
To my (pleasant) surprise, the senior instructors were very good, even better than the BMW ones, and were amazingly effective at reducing my nerves. I passed easily.
Just to show that the CBT isn't always the best way to judge a school. It's an indicator, but sometimes they put the bottom of the barrel instructors on those. ____________________ Current: '14 VFR800X Test passed 31/10/12.
Previous: '12 NC700S, '11 CBF 125, '04 SH 125. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thewhyoffry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thewhyoffry Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 18 Feb 2014 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:22 - 21 Feb 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah i did the CBT at Passmasters. Must admit that when I had a chat with the senior instructors they did seem quite nice but the guy I did the CBT with was just so stroppy... Guess it might have been his time of the month.
Im considering either going back to passmasters or maybe even this camrider in Hendon as I near enough pass them every day on my commute into work. They have hit and miss reviews online but I guess it's a bit pot luck sometimes.
I have no problem riding in the rain but I really just want a few dry days for my DAS to find my feet on a bigger bike... Might just bite the bullet soon and get myself booked in. Cheers for that esullivan, good to know that if I do end up going passmasters route that there not all bad  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Doomsnite |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Doomsnite Traffic Copper

Joined: 19 Nov 2013 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bubbs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bubbs World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thewhyoffry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thewhyoffry Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 18 Feb 2014 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:07 - 26 Feb 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Think i'm going to go back to Passmasters on esullivan's word... Im sick of waiting about now going to get it booked in for next week if possible
[EDIT]
Booked myself in for Friday 7th March for Mod 1. Going in for 4 days training with the option to drop it down to 3 depending on how I am getting on.
Excited is not the bloody word!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 12 years, 220 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|