Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Wanted: Hayabusa parts

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Diehard
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:39 - 03 Jan 2005    Post subject: Wanted: Hayabusa parts Reply with quote

Ok I am collecting parts from my new, new project (yes I did put that twice since I've got a VFR to do also). Basically I'm building a hayabusa from scratch, I have the frame, swinger, complete collection of all the bolts 'n' fittings etc, just collecting parts when and where I can. So anyone got any parts about, only need original parts mainly, unless some ppl have after market replacements for these. ANYTHING concidered. Engine would be handy Very Happy as long as it's under £2000! But even the littlest parts would be good as it is from scratch.

Anyway cheers,

Diehard
____________________
If I Die... I Die!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:41 - 03 Jan 2005    Post subject: Re: Wanted: Hayabusa parts Reply with quote

:-O

Sorry, no help.

Does seem a very expensive way of going about things. Have you considered looking for a crashdamaged busa (ie mashed frame) etc to fuel most of the bits.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Diehard
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:35 - 03 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this in the begining but I have been watching prices for the parts on ebay for months now and if I do it right I can keep costs very low. I mean I bought the frame with docs for £100 (1999 frame), the swinger for £30 (thats with spindles and mud guard), so thats a good start. I'm not in a big hurry to finish this either (or should I say start). My workshop ain't completed yet so I'm just gathering things here and there. The engine is the problem though. But in the states they go for £200 or less believe it or not, I have a contact over there who will get in touch once they have found a good firm to start sending the engins overseas. Here I would be lucky to get one under £2000! Shocked Plus crash damaged busas, I have found are VERY pricy, and normally not much left (well they can hit 200mph).
____________________
If I Die... I Die!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:02 - 04 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen a front and 2 side fairings in red/black for £300, no tail peice.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diehard
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 19 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot I posted this! Anyway thats a tad pricy Phoenix, I can get a tail for £30, and a complete nose (headlights and indicators) for £120, side panels can vary on ebay between £15 and £40 each, but cheers anyway, every little helps.

Would like to add I don't care what colours the panels are, the whole thing will get a respray, and that goes for wheels too. I'm having them pollished! Pollised rims, frame and swingger, or is that too over the top? Very Happy
____________________
If I Die... I Die!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:45 - 19 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diehard wrote:
Pollised rims, frame and swingger, or is that too over the top? Very Happy


Fine if you're intending to polish it not ride it Smile. Unless you're taking it to California anyway.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Diehard
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:47 - 20 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, I've already stocked up on Autoglim, you need it up north where I live! Very Happy This bike will be a dry use only bike, have two others to use at other times. Also thinking of getting a cheap old hornet for the winter months.
____________________
If I Die... I Die!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

yzf750r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:00 - 14 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

if youre still looking for parts for your hayabusa project...
i just spotted a bit on ebay..
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10534&item=7953579286&rd=1
check out his other items too.... not sure if theres owt you'll want but worth a look. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 233 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.75 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 55.71 Kb