Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Crash n' smash

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Benno
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:39 - 20 Mar 2014    Post subject: Crash n' smash Reply with quote

First 'crash' yesterday. Some numbnuts pulled out of a junction without looking and I went into his flank. Luckily I was only going about 20mph (the speed limit) and damage was minimal, from what I can see so far. The front mudguard has a crack in it.

He pulled over, was very nice, admitted fault offered to pay and asked not to go through insurance, rang up his friend who ran a motorcycle MOT place or something. There was a cyclist witness who stopped and checked my bike for damage while we were still entangled, but I didn't keep him to get his details - stupid! Considering staking out the area this afternoon to try and catch him.

I am now wondering if I should report this to my insurance? I've heard of premiums going up even after no-fault accidents, but I'm not sure if it would help cover my arse if he decides to try and f*ck me over with insurance.


This part of the post is a general rant because I'm mad. On Sunday some guy in my unit flung open a wheelie bin lid and dented my fuel tank. Everyone parks their bikes in this area of the TAC. Last summer my dad drove his car over the bike. And now some guy pulled out on me and caused even more damage. The only damage caused to my bike has been done by other people which is really damn annoying!
____________________
I'm autistic. That means I'm smarter than you.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:41 - 20 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the bike fucked? If not, wouldn't do insurance stuff.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:46 - 20 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no reason to report it to your insurance.

If you're going to claim from the drivers insurance then that's nothing to do with your insurance company.

If you're going to settle it outside of insurance then that's also nothing to do with your insurance company.

Being sceptical, I wouldn't have the bike checked by his mates motorcycle MOT place and I also wouldn't go by what the cyclist said. Either do it yourself, have it checked by someone you know or get it checked by a garage.

20mph and just cracking the front mudguard sounds incredibly lucky.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Benno
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:00 - 20 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
There's no reason to report it to your insurance.

If you're going to claim from the drivers insurance then that's nothing to do with your insurance company.

If you're going to settle it outside of insurance then that's also nothing to do with your insurance company.

Being sceptical, I wouldn't have the bike checked by his mates motorcycle MOT place and I also wouldn't go by what the cyclist said. Either do it yourself, have it checked by someone you know or get it checked by a garage.

20mph and just cracking the front mudguard sounds incredibly lucky.


Well I managed to slam on the brakes before I hit him.

I'm only considering reporting it in case he reports it to his own insurance and try and screw me over for money. I think his mudflap came off after he drove away so he might change his mind and chase me for some cash! So I just thought that if I at least reported it, it would be in my favour if he reported it and tried to make out that it was my fault because I have already reported it as HIS fault...
____________________
I'm autistic. That means I'm smarter than you.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dydey90
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:15 - 20 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get it checked out at a garage you trust, his mate won't tell you if you've bent your forks.

I'd consider telling him that the forks are bent anyway though, even if they aren't. Monies! Laughing
____________________
This post is probably not serious and shouldn't be taken literally.
Past: CBR125,ER6f NINJA 650, ZZR600 Current: VFR750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dalemac
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:23 - 20 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

dydey90 wrote:
Get it checked out at a garage you trust, his mate won't tell you if you've bent your forks.

I'd consider telling him that the forks are bent anyway though, even if they aren't. Monies! Laughing


That would be fraud.
____________________
YBR125 -> GPZ500S -> SL1000
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:27 - 20 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

And against the teachings of our lord jesus christ born in a manger on christmas day.
____________________
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent."

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
DiscoBiscuit This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Benno
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:43 - 20 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger dodger then

I'm think of just dropping this actually to avoid the hassle. The damage is minimal, almost unnoticeable. It's literally nothing more than a small crack in the mudguard, I was very lucky.

I'll need to inspect the forks, though.
____________________
I'm autistic. That means I'm smarter than you.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:55 - 20 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay Arrow mudguard Arrow "Monies for this, mister" Arrow fit (or gaffa tape the current one) Arrow get on with your life.

He and his four cousin who were in the car probably won't put in a bogus whiplash claim because you came out of nowhere at 200mph. Whistle
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 207 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.63 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 66.46 Kb