Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Mayflower Theatre Southampton

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Paris2
Nearly there...



Joined: 10 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:07 - 21 Mar 2014    Post subject: Mayflower Theatre Southampton Reply with quote

Has anyone been here and sat in the cheap seats?

I am looking to take the missus to go and see the Lion King this summer, but at the moment can only really afford to sit in the Balcony.

Is the view from here going to be so bad that its not really worth it? Shall I stump up the cash for better (closer) seats?

https://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/parsalanpark/cross-section.gif
____________________
Current Ride: Daytona 600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 21 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stump up the cash tightwad, she's worth it!
____________________
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Paris2
Nearly there...



Joined: 10 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:57 - 21 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you know Laughing
____________________
Current Ride: Daytona 600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bloggsy
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:18 - 21 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

A box is better but don't know the prices
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

angryjonny
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:28 - 21 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like sitting up in the gods because I have a bit of a fear of heights and the minor adrenalin rush livens up an otherwise dull show.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:31 - 21 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloggsy wrote:
A box is better but don't know the prices


At the Mayflower? Not IMO. The boxes were more a socialite thing at the time the old theatres were constructed and they were more about seeing who else was out and about and being seen yourself, in the posh seats. The almost side-on view of the stage means you can often see into the wings and behind set dressings.
____________________
Greetings from Shitsville!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:45 - 21 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have and yes I have sat in the cheap seats, the actual theatre is quite small in relation to others I've frequented, so you can see the action on stage pretty well. IMO.
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

defblade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:07 - 23 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Maiden there (before Brucie left!) from up in the Gods.


Particularly memorable for mate getting a free t-shirt - he was in the scrum afterwards at the t-shirt stand when some thinks-he's-a-hard-nut bloke stood on his foot:
"oi, you're standing on my foot"
"so what, you gonna make me move it?"
"yeah."
"you and what army?"
Mate takes off bullet belt, wraps around knuckles, waves under hard nut's nose
"me and this army"

Hard nut promptly vanishes, guy selling t-shirts creases up and chucks mate a freebie for the laff.


Mind you, that friend never EVER backed down from anything, and always skipped all the stages in escalating. Very rarely actually got into a fight as he was SO up for it, the other would usually back down. Ended up with a police caution for lobbing a brick through the window of the flat downstairs when they turned the party music back up after he'd asked nicely once!



I may have gone sightly off topic there... the view from the balcony was absolutely fine.
____________________
Honda Varadero 125cc => Suzuki Bandit 650 33bhp => 77bhp =>
BMW K1200R Sport 163bhp Twisted Evil => Aprilia Shiver GT 750 95bhp
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy S
Nova Slayer



Joined: 16 Jan 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:48 - 23 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
Yes I have and yes I have sat in the cheap seats, the actual theatre is quite small in relation to others I've frequented, so you can see the action on stage pretty well. IMO.


Agreed.
Been there many times and the theatre is small enough that even in the cheap seats you still have a half decent view.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

swampy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:37 - 23 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

defblade wrote:
I saw Maiden there (before Brucie left!) from up in the Gods.


Particularly memorable for mate getting a free t-shirt - he was in the scrum afterwards at the t-shirt stand when some thinks-he's-a-hard-nut bloke stood on his foot:
"oi, you're standing on my foot"
"so what, you gonna make me move it?"
"yeah."
"you and what army?"
Mate takes off bullet belt, wraps around knuckles, waves under hard nut's nose
"me and this army"

Hard nut promptly vanishes, guy selling t-shirts creases up and chucks mate a freebie for the laff.


Mind you, that friend never EVER backed down from anything, and always skipped all the stages in escalating. Very rarely actually got into a fight as he was SO up for it, the other would usually back down. Ended up with a police caution for lobbing a brick through the window of the flat downstairs when they turned the party music back up after he'd asked nicely once!



I may have gone sightly off topic there... the view from the balcony was absolutely fine.


I saw them that night too, only I was in the stalls Very Happy . I'm going to see Derren Brown there in a couple of weeks, I shall report back..
____________________
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death..." Hunter S Thompson
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

defblade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:10 - 24 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

swampy wrote:
[
I saw them that night too, only I was in the stalls Very Happy . I'm going to see Derren Brown there in a couple of weeks, I shall report back..


I'm guessing he's not going to rock quite as hard as Maiden did Wink

I was away camping when the tickets went on sale - spent well over an hour freezing in a phone box at some stupid time of the morning punching the number over again - still only managed the balcony...
____________________
Honda Varadero 125cc => Suzuki Bandit 650 33bhp => 77bhp =>
BMW K1200R Sport 163bhp Twisted Evil => Aprilia Shiver GT 750 95bhp
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

angryjonny
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:43 - 24 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

defblade wrote:
I'm guessing he's not going to rock quite as hard as Maiden did Wink

Bruce Dickinson works as a First Officer these days. I bet Derren Brown's nights are more rock'n'roll. Or at least, Bruce's passengers hope that's the case.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 197 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.24 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 74.74 Kb