Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Seen Someone's Unposted Message

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:57 - 21 Mar 2014    Post subject: Seen Someone's Unposted Message Reply with quote

This morning I was looking at FF&H, the thread about Improving Enemy. I clicked on the last reply and instead of the thread, up popped a lengthy completed message on a Post Reply screen, written by someone else (definitely not me) ready to post.

Unfortunately I didn't think to do a screen grab, I just clicked the back button and started again.

I've looked for the text of the unsent post I'd seen but can't find it anywhere.

Just to be clear, no-one else uses this device and I definitely didn't write it. It was a bit of a rant frankly.

So, WTF? How could this happen?
____________________
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:33 - 21 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hope it wasn't one of mine Embarassed

I often type what I think, preview it, then edit it into something more socially acceptable.

Others on the forum could probably do with trying something similar to be frank.

I suppose it would have to have been at least previewed for the forum software to be aware of what they had typed.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:44 - 21 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who it was from, but it seems odd that I could have got to see another member's unpublished rant. Is there a security/privacy a issue here?
____________________
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:51 - 21 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Is there a security/privacy a issue here?


It's a case of managing your expectations - work on the basis that anything you type here is neither secure nor private, then you won't be disappointed.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin



Joined: 01 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:03 - 22 Mar 2014    Post subject: Re: Seen Someone's Unposted Message Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
So, WTF? How could this happen?

Quite possibly your ISP proxy was being daft and decided to cache a POST request from another user. Let me know if you see it again.
____________________
3516 Miles, 11 Countries
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:56 - 22 Mar 2014    Post subject: Re: Seen Someone's Unposted Message Reply with quote

A software engineer, a hardware engineer and a department manager were on their way to a meeting in Switzerland. They were driving down a steep mountain road when suddenly the brakes on their car failed. The car careened almost out of control down the road, bouncing off the crash barriers, until it miraculously ground to a halt scraping along the mountainside.

The car's occupants, shaken but unhurt, now had a problem: they were stuck halfway down a mountain in a car with no brakes. What were they to do?

"I know," said the department manager, "Let's have a meeting, propose a Vision, formulate a Mission Statement, define some Goals and by a process of Continuous Improvement find a solution to the Critical Problems, and we can be on our way."

"No, no," said the hardware engineer, "That will take far too long, and besides, that method has never worked before. I've got my Swiss Army knife with me, and in no time at all I can strip down the car's braking system, isolate the fault, fix it and we can be on our way."

"Well," said the software engineer, "Before we do anything, I think we should push the car back up the road and see if it happens again."
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:24 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mr Korn, will do.
____________________
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 202 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.38 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 54.28 Kb