Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Building decking.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:51 - 22 Mar 2014    Post subject: Building decking. Reply with quote

I've just been knocking up the frame work for some garden decking. But I have basically built a rectangular 4x2" wood frame work, and put a central wooden bar in width ways. I've now decided that the planking should run the other way to help with water draining (slight slope), and this means all my cross members are fitted between the central bar and the outide of one side of the framework.

As I cannot do the other side frame cross bars in exactly the same position to allow for putting in the screws, will it look shit to off set the decking framework on one side by 2-3", so that when I fit the planks, only the screws on one side will all be in a straight line, and the screws on the other side of the central bar will be in an offset line a few inches above/below?

I'm happy with this, but if everyone thinks it'll look shit, then maybe I'll rip it all to bits and start again?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 198 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.91 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 27.71 Kb