Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Hornet 600 Cooling fan not cooling

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Crash it for fun
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 09 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:03 - 05 Jan 2005    Post subject: Hornet 600 Cooling fan not cooling Reply with quote

Hi

I've just discovered as I got to work that the temp gauge was getting very near the upper limit. I checked and could see that the Fan was not spinning. I did have to replace the radiator recently after a car reversed into the bike but left the original fan as it seemed fine and did work. It definately was working about a week ago.

I'll try and take it off tonight but how can I test if the fan is broken and that it's not something else at fault?

Thanks

Mark
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Crash it for fun
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 09 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:28 - 05 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

panic over it was a blown fuse

I was picturing spiraling costs of replacing thermostats, cooling fans, cdis........
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:24 - 05 Jan 2005    Post subject: Re: Hornet 600 Cooling fan not cooling Reply with quote

Crash it for fun wrote:
Hi

I've just discovered as I got to work that the temp gauge was getting very near the upper limit. I checked and could see that the Fan was not spinning. I did have to replace the radiator recently after a car reversed into the bike but left the original fan as it seemed fine and did work. It definately was working about a week ago.

I'll try and take it off tonight but how can I test if the fan is broken and that it's not something else at fault?

Thanks

Mark


Might be worth checking the Fuse. Wink Mr. Green
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 271 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.53 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 36.18 Kb