|
|
| Author |
Message |
| _Troy_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 _Troy_ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Feb 2011 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:06 - 26 Mar 2014 Post subject: My Sensible Commuter. |
 |
|
Well with a new job starting on Monday, I've been on the look out for a new bike to cover the commute. I've been bikeless for the last few months as I haven't really needed one, but with a 65mile a day commute, with a lot of town riding, it seemed a good idea to save some time and money each day. So I started this thread, where I got a lot of good advice on sensible bike choices:
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=286312
With all of that in mind I set about trying to source a decent 500 twin. I spotted a very nice example at the local dealer, with every extra I would need and at a fairly reasonable price. Thread here:
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=286312
I test rode it, and thought I'd be ecstatic to just be back on two wheels. However, I was completely underwhelmed. It was boring, slow, sounded dull, and I didn't like the ride a single bit.
Soooo, I upped my budget and widened my search to include those bikes that were a little more exciting (read IL4 engine). I was specifically looking for a ZZR, Thundercat or similar. But then I found this bike. It was local, a good price, and in great condition.
I changed the exhaust from the micron carbon can that came on there due to it being on it's last legs. See this thread:
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=287055
I've since put a Fuel can on there, and it's nice and loud. I'll also be attaching a top box and sorting out some extra security. So here it is, my sensible commuter bike
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7398/13427215024_24a12ceef0_b.jpg
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2901/13426900335_83141f5272_b.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3710/13426987273_5983a80c0c_b.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3688/13427266234_4077762ac5_b.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3741/13426997253_aa06447e67_b.jpg
I always liked the front end of these, but it does look a bit guppy front on.
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5317/13426851915_d1b7d67991_b.jpg
The new Fuel exhaust. For anyone interested this is the Oval Mini. It's loud, well made, and looks good.
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7218/13427183114_3920e56373_b.jpg
This is the Datatool immobiliser, which although useful, can get a bit annoying every time! ____________________ Current bike: ZX6R J1
Previous bikes: CLR 125 | GS500 | ZX6R G2 | SV650 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sensi5446 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sensi5446 Trackday Trickster

Joined: 12 Feb 2014 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:39 - 26 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nice!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| garth |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 garth World Chat Champion
Joined: 15 Dec 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| _Troy_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 _Troy_ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Feb 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chickenstrip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chickenstrip Super Spammer

Joined: 06 Dec 2013 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:07 - 26 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
It's such a shame to have to put a top box on it - that's a very pretty bike. Still, needs must I suppose. I really ought to stop being such a soppy twat about mine and do likewise, what with all the distance rides and kinds of destinations I visit. All so bloody expensive these days though  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| UnspeedySam |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 UnspeedySam World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Nov 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| _Troy_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 _Troy_ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Feb 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| recman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 recman World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Mar 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:30 - 27 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nice looking bike.
A mate of mine has just ordered a new Fuel can for his GSXF, its got to look and probably sound better than the stock battleship cannon can he has on now.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Monkeypony |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Monkeypony World Chat Champion

Joined: 21 Sep 2011 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| _Troy_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 _Troy_ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Feb 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| _Troy_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 _Troy_ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Feb 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| STONEY! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 STONEY! Brolly Dolly

Joined: 14 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rigga |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rigga World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Nov 2012 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:27 - 27 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Looks lovely op, enjoy it  ____________________ Current bike: Honda CBR 1100xx |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| _Troy_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 _Troy_ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Feb 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| recman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 recman World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Mar 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| _Troy_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 _Troy_ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Feb 2011 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:24 - 27 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Mine is the Oval Mini. I couldn't decide between the Mini or the Midi, but went for the Mini because I wanted a little more noise. With the baffle in it's quite sedate and sounds smooth. With it out it is obnoxious lulz  ____________________ Current bike: ZX6R J1
Previous bikes: CLR 125 | GS500 | ZX6R G2 | SV650 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Carvel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Carvel World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Jun 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| evoboy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 evoboy World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| _Troy_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 _Troy_ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Feb 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| STONEY! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 STONEY! Brolly Dolly

Joined: 14 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bikertomm |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bikertomm World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:31 - 28 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
That looks the nuts. Very tidy.
I wish I could take photo's like that too, I know complete fuck all but would love to start somewhere
Also, is that a camera I see on your lid? Secret vlogger?
Well in  ____________________ 07' Honda Hornet now full powaah! My guide on performing an oil change! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| _Troy_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 _Troy_ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Feb 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Irezumi aka Reuben |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Irezumi aka Reuben Carrot Top
Joined: 28 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| geordiecbrblo... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 geordiecbrblo... Trackday Trickster
Joined: 17 Jul 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| UnspeedySam |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 UnspeedySam World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Nov 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 12 years, 189 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|