Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Top Box

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

vulture
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:34 - 05 Jan 2005    Post subject: Top Box Reply with quote

I'm looking to get a topbox for my GPZ500s. There's plenty going on ebay, but where would I buy the mounting kit for my bike, and are they easy to fit?

Cheers

Vulture
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:56 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Topboxes are apparently quite straight forward to fit onto a bike, only taking about 20 minutes or so.

You'll have to make sure that the box you're going to buy is compatible with the support arms and tray that you buy as well. So, if you buy a givi top box and a givi tray and arms, then make sure they'll fit together. A quick visit to the manufacturers website, say for givi, should sort this out okay.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DanceLikeAMon...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:35 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but do you have any idea where I can find out what rack is required for a particular bike?

For instance I have a Yamaha SR125 which I presume will have a different fitting to a CG125 because the SR125 has a bigger seat and a pillion bar.

It's all so confusing.... Confused

ps I know top boxes look pretty gay, but I have to carry my beer somewhere!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:26 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I have seen certain sr125's with top box's fitted, I can't seem to find a certain make that does the model. Givi certainly don't, its not listed on their website Sad

You can get renntec racks for the sr125 of which you could possibly bodge some sort of clip onto it to hold a top box on.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DanceLikeAMon...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:34 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that. Bit pricey at £50 odd pounds though! Shocked

Might just get one of those and some cargo netting.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:46 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd imagine thats the best way to do it. I sold my er5 renntec rack on ebay recently and it went for £25 so keep your eyes peeled on eBay.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DanceLikeAMon...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:57 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a bid in for one as we speak (actually I have been naughty and asked if he will end his auction early!) Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:56 - 08 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a top box on my mum's XJ900 divvy, the arms are bolted to the exhaust mountings with a tray on top.

On my MZ ETZ, there was a rack on the back, and the top box was just bolted to that.

Top boxes are extremely practical, shame they're so fugly.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DanceLikeAMon...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:34 - 08 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, now that I have thought about it asthetically, and how little stuff I will actually have to carry - never more than just a rucksack - I am just going to stick with the rack and a cargo net.

Cheers for the help!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 274 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.66 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 58.06 Kb