Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Idiot Motorcyclist v Idiot cyclist

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:53 - 24 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardly the cyclist's fault!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:16 - 24 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyclist on mobile phone. That's not an offence like for motor vehicles. There is a cycling with due care or some such.

As much as I'd like to support the biker no real excuse for forcing past cyclist like that.
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Omega
Crazy Courier



Joined: 07 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:30 - 24 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that a cycle lane that the cyclist is quite happily cycling along in? Motorcyclist 100% at fault, he clearly rode into him on purpose.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rigga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:49 - 24 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a cock the motorcyclist is, as a cyclist myself I've noticed that some people just have it in for you no matter what you do.
____________________
Current bike: Honda CBR 1100xx
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

djrikki
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 07 Nov 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:07 - 24 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell. Even if raging why would you ram someone with your bike. Surely the bicycle will cause paint damage at least to your own bike?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

growler
Traffic Copper



Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:08 - 24 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time we visited London my wife and I were crossing at that set of lights and we were half way across when the lights changed
And every vehicle started to pull away!
I had to be quite aggressive to make them wait till we had cleared the road and one of them stupid 3 wheeled moped things was pulled over by a police van for driving straight at my wife only stopping when I informed him in a loud voice that I would remove him from his bike and step firmly all over his head if he continued Very Happy
____________________
DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:18 - 24 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://hyperstrada.com/ducati-hyperstrada/663-ducati-dragons-s-youtube-channel.html

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=625_1400802712

Shit storm brewing over this one!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

handbasket
Nova Slayer



Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:17 - 24 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad someone finally posted this.

The use of the mobile phone had no bearing on the incident. Not clever by any means, but not the cause of the collision. The attitude of the motorcyclist and his lack of basic knowledge and road sharing skills - didn't know he was in a cycle lane, insisted he had no choice but to force his way past dangerously. Never heard of slowing down sunshine? Then tried to blame cyclist. Total cock. The cycle lane in the middle of the road is likely a right turn filter lane, btw. Perfectly legitimate to be cycling there. I sometimes see other motorcycles filtering in cycle lanes; I avoid doing so. If you want to be seen as a legitimate road user, act like one.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:31 - 24 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a cycle lane?

There is a separate cycle lane that runs all the way up constitution hill beside the footpath, separated from the road by a solid barrier and a horse track iirc.

Cyclist had no reason to be where he was, and even less to be on the phone.



Also I'm one of those who will happily set off with people in the road if the light is solid green. If you waited for the pedestrians to clear the road before moving you would never move at half the crossings in London. The crossing on charing Cross at the top of Northumberland avenue is particularly bad for that.
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:32 - 24 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if the policewoman noticed the camera and suggested that footage ought to be reviewed, since the motorcyclist was so convinced he was in the right.


Like others, I don't feel it was particularly sensible of the cyclist to be on the phone... London is a dangerous enough place to cycle when you've got your full concentration on all the vehicles around you. But it played no part in this incident, 100% bikers fault, and I don't even know how he can begin to defend himself let alone blame the cyclist
____________________
Current Bike: 1999 Honda CB600 FX Hornet
Next Bike: I want a CBR-RR. And I want an F800 GS-A. And a VFR 800. Can I have all 3?
Dream Bikes: Honda VFR750R RC30, Honda NSR500, Ducati 996 R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:26 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaFarmer wrote:
I don't even know how he can begin to defend himself let alone blame the cyclist


Because he's a dick. He clearly rode in a straight line in order to clip the cyclist and revved to try and intimidate - total twat.
____________________
Honda CBF125 ➝ NC700X
Honda CBF125 ↳ Speed Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ayrton
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:37 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like he wanted to shove him out of the way and ride off. Collision wasnt the cyclists fault, but the guy shouldnt have been on the phone. That's why i hate cyclists. They want everyone to treat them like they have the same right to the road, yet they choose which laws to abide to depending on what suits them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

BumpingUglys
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 12 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:26 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked like the cyclist was abiding by all applicable laws. If you think that's wrong, fair enough, but blame the law-makers not the end user.

In fairness, cycle lanes that are out in the middle of the road are sketchy at the best of times and the cyclist should have been paying more attention. I can't envisage any reasonable scenario where he could've seen that coming though. Motorbike 100% at fault, and guy was a smooth talking, reasonable sounding dickhead; the worst kind.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:21 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, the cyclist should not have been where he was. That lane is not a cycle lane.
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:45 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are people bitching about the cyclist, the Ducati tosser rode straight into him on purpose, there's no excuse what so ever. To top it off it's an old bloke as well, could very easily broke a few bones. Hope the law catches up with him.
____________________
KTM 990 SMT & Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:22 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not justifying what the guy on the ducati did, but there is no denying that the cyclist shouldn't be there and shouldn't be on the phone, neither point is illegal, but both are stupidity.
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

defblade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:32 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was so much room to go around the outside there, very light traffic coming the other way, a second's lift on the throttle then quick nip past and smooth quick progress continues.
____________________
Honda Varadero 125cc => Suzuki Bandit 650 33bhp => 77bhp =>
BMW K1200R Sport 163bhp Twisted Evil => Aprilia Shiver GT 750 95bhp
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:36 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
Not justifying what the guy on the ducati did, but there is no denying that the cyclist shouldn't be there and shouldn't be on the phone, neither point is illegal, but both are stupidity.


Why shouldn't the cyclist have been there? It's clearly some sort of lane, the road is a different colour (does look greenish like a cycle lane).

Plus it makes no difference at all. That motorcyclist rode AT the cyclist.
____________________
Honda CBF125 ➝ NC700X
Honda CBF125 ↳ Speed Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:43 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said above there is an entirely separate cycle lane, there is no reason at all for a cyclist to be in the road there, if he wasn't on his phone he might have realised.
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:48 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyclist was failing to make progress.

https://hostr.co/file/xzMF7m0/appearing%20coolface.gif
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BumpingUglys
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 12 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:49 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google maps (Constitution Hill if you're interested) reveals nothing but some weird-ass lane in the middle of the road. What the hell is it?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:06 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
As I said above there is an entirely separate cycle lane, there is no reason at all for a cyclist to be in the road there, if he wasn't on his phone he might have realised.



Regardless of that, the cyclist was there. There is absolutely no justification for barging through. Even if the cyclist was in the wrong place is make sod all difference.
____________________
Honda CBF125 ➝ NC700X
Honda CBF125 ↳ Speed Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:06 - 25 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again as above its a shared overtaking lane.
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 135 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.69 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 126.88 Kb