|
|
| Author |
Message |
| sickpup |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sickpup Old Timer

Joined: 21 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| KLR600 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 KLR600 World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Mar 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:26 - 10 Jun 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
How far back do we have to go to be retro? My DH bike is considered retro when I take it to the trails. 2004 Vario Kaktus frame, 2001 Marzocchi Monster T forks (with drop crown oooh!), up until very recently it had a rear rim on it that I bought at the bike show in the NEC in 1998, Tioga bars and stem from 1999, Mavic D321 front rim (2001?) on a Hope hub from about 1998, tyres both came from a bike I bought second hand in 2003 - you get the idea.
Sod it, I've talked myself into it being a retro!
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/serenaur/IMG_4649_zpsd0f62443.jpg ____________________ Now: '00 Kawasaki ZRX1100R - Past: '84 Yamaha DT125, '89 Kawasaki KLR600, '97 Yamaha XJ600N
<My Bikepics Page> <My Yootoobes> <My Websites> <My Photos>
<Take Cool Photos!> |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cagiva gezzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cagiva gezzer World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:21 - 10 Jun 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Still riding my GT RTS. Still need to finish building the GT LTS-DS.
Daily rider is a old specalized hardtail with Vbrakes and the like.
https://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63604 - Retobike link to the RTS if the pics are still up. ____________________ "because one stroke isnt enough and four strokes waste two" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fladdem |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fladdem World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2011 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:11 - 10 Jun 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm on retrobike as well!
Give me some time and let me find my camera, there's a few bikes in the shed here that belong in this thread. ____________________ Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K
Past:2003 Aprilia RS125, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ550(FREE BIKE!)
I'm having more fun than a well-oiled midget. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| KLR600 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 KLR600 World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Mar 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:25 - 22 Jun 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/serenaur/BCF_zpsdf80dde7.jpg
I just acquired this 2000 Specialised Rockhopper A1 Pro FS for the grand total of €0.00.
It's been sat in the basement of this building untouched for at least 5 years. We've asked everyone in the building (8 flats so not that many) if it's their bike or if they know who's it is and no one knows anything about it other than it's been there for a long time and hasn't moved. Everyone in the building knows I have commandeered it and I won't be spending any money on it other than whatever the cost of chain lube and inner tubes is these days. If someone suddenly remembers that it's their bike or they remember who's it is then they know where I am and they're welcome to have it back.
Anyway - It's running XT/LX groupset, Manitou Answer SX forks, front and rear hydro discs (with the rear having a rear disc mount adapter as the frame doesn't have disc mounts), a lovely adjustable stem and a fully functional beer holder.
The tubes aren't holding air very well so I'll put some new ones in. The front brake is useless (Magura Clara, they stopped making them in 2002) so once I've figured out what mount adapter and disc I need I will put a spare Avid Juicy 3 I have on to match the Juicy 3 I have put on the rear (although I'm keeping the Maguras in case someone claims it). The gears all work fine so I'll throw some lube down the cables and clean up the shifters. I'm debating on whether or not to strip and service the forks. I've serviced old forks before but they're working ok at the moment so I'm not sure if it's worth taking them apart for no reason. The wheels seem to be fine with no play in either hubs and they run true.
I'll be using it as a Strava bike with about 70/30 road/trail use. I'll probably put some semi slicks on it if no one comes forward for it in a month or so and see how I get on with it. It's a little bit too big for me with a 21" frame but the price was the deciding factor with this bike  ____________________ Now: '00 Kawasaki ZRX1100R - Past: '84 Yamaha DT125, '89 Kawasaki KLR600, '97 Yamaha XJ600N
<My Bikepics Page> <My Yootoobes> <My Websites> <My Photos>
<Take Cool Photos!> |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sickpup |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sickpup Old Timer

Joined: 21 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BumpingUglys |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BumpingUglys Trackday Trickster

Joined: 12 Oct 2010 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Seb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Seb World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Jul 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:15 - 03 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
https://i.imgur.com/W4zk1cZ.jpg
Got it as a little bit of a project, all that's left to finish up is an overhaul of the rear brake. ____________________ 2010 Triumph 1050 Sprint ST |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| KLR600 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 KLR600 World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Mar 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 12 years, 93 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|