Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Le Tour 2014

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:43 - 14 Dec 2012    Post subject: Le Tour 2014 Reply with quote

Coming to Yorkshire. Bring it on. Promises to be an immense weekend.
____________________
Responsibility. It's a difficult reality for some. I'm running the 2014 Sheffield Half Marathon on behalf of Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice. Please sponsor me, even if it's just a quid.
DonnyBrago: "I think you may be confusing rain and napalm..." Paulington: "It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it."
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:47 - 15 Dec 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ends in London.

Long way off, but will make the effort to wash through my mankini in readiness.
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 202 days between these two posts...

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:31 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great turnout.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Brs-Mp8CAAE7zzB.jpg:large

I'll be going tomorrow for Stage 2.
https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/zuvvi/media/bc_files/road/TDF14_ET02_cartetape.jpg

Proper looking forward to it. Very Happy
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:39 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: 21:43 - 14 Dec 2012 Rating: Good Post subject: Le Tour 2014

wot? Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:41 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like wasting paper so found an old piece and scribbled on it.
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

BumpingUglys
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 12 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:45 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

York's currently full of yellow bikes nailed to everything, bunting and placards everywhere, big signs up all over the place.

I love it! My ride to work is like being in the middle of a carnival!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:49 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to see if it come past my way.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:20 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/zuvvi/media/bc_files/road/TDF14_ET02_cartetape.jpg

IMO that route hasn't been thought through very well at all. Surely it would be much quicker using A64-A1(M)-M1 to get from York to Sheffield.
____________________
A good loser will always be a loser.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:25 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I'm not around - would have been most irksome I expect, with it passing pretty close to my place.
Hopefully all the 'cycling fever' will have died down by the time I'm next up there properly - even a few months ago there was significantly higher numbers of lycra clad wannabes (maybe some even in the real deal) doing the route 'over the tops' - sure, I've cycled the same route in the past myself, but not in a group of 10 people with no kind of road positioning discipline!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:31 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/zuvvi/media/bc_files/road/TDF14_ET02_cartetape.jpg

IMO that route hasn't been thought through very well at all. Surely it would be much quicker using A64-A1(M)-M1 to get from York to Sheffield.
Feckin' Google Maps innit. Laughing

I'm surprised at you G. Would've thought you'd enjoy the festival vibe and people aimlessly meandering. You can always play the 'How close can I get before I initiate a backfire' game.
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AlanC
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 31 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:33 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going anywhere today thanks to the main road that's my only way out being closed...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:34 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 million people happy.
1 not.

Loser. Razz
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AlanC
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 31 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:51 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

A friend of mine would have been in the same situation, so he decided to have a long weekend in Amsterdam instead. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:53 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amsterdam?...loads of stoned people...... on bikes.
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AlanC
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 31 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:06 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it was the stoned people or the bikes he was going for...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Boris the spider
Nearly there...



Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:48 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Cav try and lean too much on him and cause it ?
____________________
Yes I'm a pig....And yes... The working public do pay my wages. Tho I contribute to your benefits you lazy c##t. You do not pay my wages. So go fcuk yourself.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:52 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was the catalyst and reaped it big time.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BryqU_rIYAER4Qr.jpg
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Boris the spider
Nearly there...



Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:56 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that.
From all the footage , it does look like he was doing his usual.
Shame if he is seriously hurt though
Crying or Very sad
____________________
Yes I'm a pig....And yes... The working public do pay my wages. Tho I contribute to your benefits you lazy c##t. You do not pay my wages. So go fcuk yourself.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:34 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Cote de Blubberhouses".

Comment très Français.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:57 - 06 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dragging on my lycra now to ride in a big group all the way to Sheffield, irritating other road users and doing Jenkin Road when we get there. I'm frightened already. Although after yesterday's spill I'm wondering if my leathers might be a safer option...
____________________
Responsibility. It's a difficult reality for some. I'm running the 2014 Sheffield Half Marathon on behalf of Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice. Please sponsor me, even if it's just a quid.
DonnyBrago: "I think you may be confusing rain and napalm..." Paulington: "It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it."
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:29 - 06 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st the good.

The ride to High Bradfield was good and watching the race go by was superb.

The bad.

Humans in general are spasticated mongtards who thought nothing of barging past, knocking my bike with their overpriced pushbikes. Abandoned vehicles on narrow backlanes causing blockages... General wanky parking...the highest order of wankness.

The ugly.
The gross hoofer who had the nerve to tell me not to smoke whilst we're stood in a field on a windy hilltop. I wanted to make her cry.

For the amount of cars that went past you would think that there are 1000 riders in the race.
https://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/howlingterror_2006/170CABE0-BE5F-461D-88D1-9C4C887B0A76_zpsuwqac26w.jpg
https://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/howlingterror_2006/A183B9FE-3E93-432D-91F8-03B41BC4BA89_zpsjbinbjve.jpg

Would I go again?
No. Laughing
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:48 - 06 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did Jenkin Road 4 times. Twice up the front, twice up the back. Each one equally brutal. Fucking loved it.

Quite a few folk I knew on the hill, one of whom was smart enough to catch me! This is just after the 33% bit and I was breathing out my arse...

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10527541_10152126306037511_3780776524376679932_n.jpg

100m from the finish...

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10463771_10152126408577511_6773228965065294181_o.jpg
____________________
Responsibility. It's a difficult reality for some. I'm running the 2014 Sheffield Half Marathon on behalf of Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice. Please sponsor me, even if it's just a quid.
DonnyBrago: "I think you may be confusing rain and napalm..." Paulington: "It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it."
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:03 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a little sceptical, as I was with London 2012.
I feared it would just rain all the time and the British public would not be particularly bothered and rather annoyed at the inconvenience.

But as with the Olympics I found some (a lot of) very last minute interest, really rather enjoyed watching Le Tour de Yorkshire from the comfort of my sofa.


Although I felt severely uncomfortable hearing it being called Out-ee-bridge multiple times. Almost got there in the end... not quite a locals pronunciation of Oooot-a-bridge, but close enough.
____________________
Current Bike: 1999 Honda CB600 FX Hornet
Next Bike: I want a CBR-RR. And I want an F800 GS-A. And a VFR 800. Can I have all 3?
Dream Bikes: Honda VFR750R RC30, Honda NSR500, Ducati 996 R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:23 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

HT wrote:

The bad.

Yep, that'd be why I'm glad I'm not around Razz.

AND that I tend to push bike a lot locally, so people would presume I was a fanboiwannabe too Smile.

Did anyone note the dragon hedge on the long climb to the tops after mytholmroyd? Might have to dig out a youtube of the Keighley -> Littleborough sections so I can sit there muttering "I recognise that" and pretending if I had a road bike I could do it that fast.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 91 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.8 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 129.28 Kb