|
|
| Author |
Message |
| BlackStallion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BlackStallion Crazy Courier

Joined: 21 May 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:42 - 08 Jul 2014 Post subject: Coming home after a wet ride |
 |
|
Teenage minds may read this differently (I myself, have a teenage mind) but I want to know what most of you guys do when you get home after a lovely British ride in the rain?
My bike sits in the drive under an Oxford Rainex every night, but what would your recommendations be? I can't dry it as it's still raining, you reckon it would be better to just leave it out over night and dry in the morning, or throw the cover on when wet? (Seems like the worst idea from what I've already read.)
I just want to prevent rust really, (ACF-50 has been my best friend) as it's a new bike and I want to look after it.
Cheers  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gavcarter |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gavcarter Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 28 Mar 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Beehive Bedlam |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Beehive Bedlam World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Oct 2013 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BlackStallion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BlackStallion Crazy Courier

Joined: 21 May 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:21 - 08 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah, good ol' WD40 seems like the best option, I'll wipe her down with some and then throw the cover on, just need to wait until this bloody rain stops.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Beehive Bedlam |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Beehive Bedlam World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Oct 2013 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dave70 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dave70 World Chat Champion

Joined: 21 Jan 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pigeon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pigeon World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Sep 2012 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:41 - 08 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I was astonished to see a gallon can of liquid WD40 at my local B&Q. You won't find in their website, you may not find it in store, but I saw it. I saw iiiiiit. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 12 years, 94 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|