 Wonko The Sane World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Jan 2013 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:25 - 09 Jul 2014 Post subject: Oil leak 2 |
 |
|
My bike seems to be leaking oil, each time I think I've stopped it I notice some dribbles hanging off the belly pan.
So far it's been a cracked clutch cover which was replaced
I then noticed a bit of a weep from the oil filler cap, added an o ring to the filler cap after the bike had been right side down.
I'm still getting oil gradually dribbling Out of the fairing which could be some oil from before being slowly washed out or it could be a leak.
I'm going to take the belly pan off and clean the underside of the engine, tighten the hoses on the oil cooler and change the oil and filter (overdue)
Hopefully this will resolve or make it obvious what's leaking.
Any issues with this plan / anything I should be aware of / anywhere else I should check? ____________________ Looking to pass your CBT / Bike tests in Bury Lancashire? try www.focusridertraining.co.uk Would recommend.
They're also on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Focus-Rider-Training/196832923734251 |
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:35 - 09 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
#1 Workshop.
#2 What bike? It's a feature on some of them. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
 Wonko The Sane World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Jan 2013 Karma :   
|
|