|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Cuchulain |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cuchulain Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 14 May 2011 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:20 - 01 Jul 2014 Post subject: Should I tart up my bike or trade it in? |
 |
|
I've had my '09 XJ6n (25k mileage) for about a year and half and up until recently it was at 33bhp.
Whilst I was on my A2 period I never really considered getting a different bike but now that I can ride what I want the 'ooh shiney' has kicked in and my bike feels a bit meh.
Don't get me wrong, it's a great bike and it's much faster than I am at riding it but it's looking pretty tired with rust on the bolts, handlebars and exhaust.
So do I get a nice new full exhaust to replace the old stock one and some new bars and bolts or just trade it in for something a bit more special?
https://i62.tinypic.com/2pq2ee0.jpg
https://i61.tinypic.com/wh1phj.jpg ____________________ CBT 15/6/2011 Theory Test Passed 6/2/2012 Module 1 Passed 11/6/2012
Module 2 Passed!!! 19/6/2012 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stevo as b4 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stevo as b4 World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dave500 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dave500 Traffic Copper
Joined: 26 Feb 2014 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:51 - 01 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Clean it up shouldn't take more than a day and and then look about for something you fancy  ____________________ Bye bye Z hello Versys  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:16 - 01 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Get it clean looking, sell it and buy yourself something funky.
I've had most types of engine now and I've just plumped for a Street Triple. Never ridden one, however am using a Daytona 675 next week round a track so I'll get a taste of the 675 engine.
Perhaps a few dealer test rides are in order with a PX of your bike against theirs.
As above a Superduke 990.. its worlds apart from your XJ, I'd feel perhaps too great a step but sod it! Give one a go.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| clancy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 clancy World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:30 - 01 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Clean it up and sell it, whenever you get that new bike feeling where you can't stop looking at new stuff you may as well change bike
Why be stuck with a bike your not 100% happy with when you would prefer another one, it will only make you hate your bike in the long run
And new toy feeling is awesome  ____________________ KLX 300r |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Cuchulain |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cuchulain Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 14 May 2011 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodsi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodsi Dirty Carny

Joined: 06 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ben90 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ben90 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 06 Feb 2014 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:52 - 09 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Looking at getting one of these after I get my license, all going well should be the end of the month
Location? ____________________ Yamaha FZ6 S2 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dave500 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dave500 Traffic Copper
Joined: 26 Feb 2014 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 12 years, 90 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|