Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Xena XX6 Disk Lock

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

mart61
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 24 Jun 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:00 - 10 Jul 2014    Post subject: Xena XX6 Disk Lock Reply with quote

Having just bought one of these I must admit that, thus far, I'm not impressed.

On removing the alarm module from the lock to install the battery the retaining clip snapped. Furthermore the clip that holds the battery cover in place is similarly flimsy and I don't think that will last long either.

I'm going to return it in the morning and am unsure whether to ask for a refund instead of a replacement.

Anyone here had any experience with these locks?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

smithyithy
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 15 Feb 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:59 - 10 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost bought a Xena, but after reading quite a few not-so-shining reviews at the last minute I opted for an Abus, which so far I'm happy with.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:16 - 10 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of the older models. I did a thread.
Rubbish piece of kit imho as far as alarm goes.
Disc lock is visual deterrent. That is all.
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hachi8
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 08 Jan 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:26 - 10 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got the same model.

After about 6 months the alarm started sounding croaky and intermittent. Fair play to Xena, they sent me a new module...just a few more months later and that one too is playing up.

They are ok while they work but are not really reliable.

Ok for a disclock tho.
____________________
K7 GSXR 1000 - The Beast!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hachi8
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 08 Jan 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:26 - 10 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got the same model.

After about 6 months the alarm started sounding croaky and intermittent. Fair play to Xena, they sent me a new module...just a few more months later and that one too is playing up.

They are ok while they work but are not really reliable.

Ok for a disclock tho.
____________________
K7 GSXR 1000 - The Beast!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

j00pY
Nova Slayer



Joined: 18 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:10 - 10 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one. I think its the same model. To be honest I've had it about a year now and its still great. Mine does live under a cover and doesn't really travel with me though.

The only downside I can see is that you can put your hand over the alarm to almost mute it. Mine is more to notify me that someone is up to no good though rather than really stop a theft.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

covent.gardens
World Clap Champion



Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:20 - 10 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I think of "Xena" I think of the bloke who accidentally broke his disk lock by moving his bike forward with it on...

Yes... he snapped it in two by accident without even trying... Confused Thread is on BCF somewhere.

To be fair, Xena claimed it may have been a counterfeit etc, but I've read so many bad reviews about Xena stuff that I tend to believe their products are best avoided.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mart61
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 24 Jun 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:29 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses guys. Think I may well just ask for a refund.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TheArchitect
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:20 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Xena, it was shit, ended up taking the alarm module out and using it as a bog standard disc lock.

Now have a Oxford Screamer. So far so good. Looks and feels solid and isn't overly sensitive to rain, wind or the neighbourhood fox pissing on the wheels.
____________________
GSXR 600 K6 - Stolen
GSXR 600 K6 - Stolen
MT09 - Almost stolen
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

mart61
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 24 Jun 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:09 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good point Iain.

In honesty I did accept an exchange lock, which Robspeed did unquestioningly. I also got an apology from Motohaus, the UK distributor.

I removed the alarm module on the new one, installed the battery and replaced the module in front of the sales staff. All went well.

I've registered my lock on the Xena web site and if it goes wrong again I'll seek a refund.

Let's see how it goes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Snorty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:30 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a pair of Oxford Screamers the other day. Pretty happy with them but haven't had enough time for a good review. Just useful as sometimes I keep my bike in a rough area less than a metre from where I sleep. Could be stolen without making much noise - this helps.

Loud enough and cheap for £30.
____________________
Current: Yamaha FZ1 '07 | GSXR 750 SRAD

Past: CB125TDC | TZR125 | GPZ500 | CBR600F3 | ZX9-R | GSXR1000 K4
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shinigami
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:39 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

useful thread, on the lookout for an alarmed disk lock so now know who to avoid
____________________
Current: Honda City Fly CLR125 2003 Honda CB600F Hornet 2008 Yamaha FZ6 S2 + 1991 Kawasaki GPZ500
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Shinigami
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:33 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have an almax. 1.5m 16mm link one. heavy as fook.

had a hawk alarm (very very similar to the cyclone) but it recently borked up and can't be arsed messing about with another, wiring on the fz6 is a sod to sort out

primarily want the disc lock for noise purposes and visual deterrent.

ie. try to nick the chained bike or the one with chain and disc lock and alarm when poked
____________________
Current: Honda City Fly CLR125 2003 Honda CB600F Hornet 2008 Yamaha FZ6 S2 + 1991 Kawasaki GPZ500
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudshark
Nearly there...



Joined: 19 May 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Iain_ wrote:


Would love a translation if anyone speaks the language!


Japanese, recognise the hiragana characters, but can't translate as don't speak or read

edit:- I have a oxford boss disk/alarm, not that impressed to be honest, was going to take it back as the alarm never worked (removed and replaced the batteries etc.) till I was putting it back in the box and dropped it on the floor - BEEP!
the arming beep is much louder than the actual alarm noise, which only goes for 10secs anyway. So it now works but it's pish, OK as just a lock I suppose
____________________
R1250RS
XT660X
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 86 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.86 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 98.26 Kb