Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


YZF copy?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Hokum
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 26 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:19 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: YZF copy? Reply with quote

I saw an odd colour YZF 125 earlier and while snooping for 2 smokes on the bay saw this,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/genata-Xrz-125cc-motorcycle-motorbike-sportsbike-gm-yzf-r125-cbr-/161182440625?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item258738dcb1

So a Chinese YZF copy?


Edit: Holy hell 5 year warranty!
____________________
Sane: To know when you are doing something crazy.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SQL
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:28 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that looks nice
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fatjames
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:32 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

inb4 '£2.5k should be enough for a licence and a real bike' Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hokum
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 26 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatjames wrote:
inb4 '£2.5k should be enough for a licence and a real bike' Wink


No £500 for a 2 smoke and some T-cut Wink I saw one today and thought it was a yzf. The green is actually quite nice!
____________________
Sane: To know when you are doing something crazy.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shinigami
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:48 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite a pretty bike, no idea what the build quality would be like though,

I'd still probably go the cheap used 125>full tests then spend the money on a proper bike route though
____________________
Current: Honda City Fly CLR125 2003 Honda CB600F Hornet 2008 Yamaha FZ6 S2 + 1991 Kawasaki GPZ500
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Notj7
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 24 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:51 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say the warranty looks interesting...

Quote:
*WARRANTY* We are proud to be the only dealer too give 5 years Unlimited Mileage warranty as Standard Not as a optional extra like most other dealers. Our warranty is unlike any other, Allowing you to get any local motorcycle garage to carry out any standard services and still keep your warranty. We can even send warranty parts direct to you local garage to be fitted to help speed up the process. full terms and conditions are available before purchase.


That's alright for a chinky bike isn't it?
____________________
Left the forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:52 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinigami wrote:
quite a pretty bike, no idea what the build quality would be like though,

I'd still probably go the cheap used 125>full tests then spend the money on a proper bike route though



They are following Hyundai.

Hyundai made cars where the quality was so bad in the 80s they gained a horrible reputation, Hyundai did improve in the 90s but people scared of the reputation did not buy them.

So they offered long warranties on them to alleviate these fears By 2012 Hyundai was 3rd biggest car maker in the world.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hokum
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 26 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:54 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame it'll probably have that tired old CD/CG 125 engine all chinese bikes have :/
____________________
Sane: To know when you are doing something crazy.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:03 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

J7mbo wrote:
Quote:
*WARRANTY* We are proud to be the only dealer too give 5 years Unlimited Mileage warranty as Standard Not as a optional extra like most other dealers. Our warranty is unlike any other, Allowing you to get any local motorcycle garage to carry out any standard services and still keep your warranty. We can even send warranty parts direct to you local garage to be fitted to help speed up the process. full terms and conditions are available before purchase.


That's alright for a chinky bike isn't it?

It's brilliant for any bike.

It's just a piece of paper though, or perhaps not even that.

It's backed by a single importer. Any significant number of claims will bankrupt them.

A "different" company with the same name will then appear in the same premises, free of any debts or burdens, and continue business as usual. Perhaps they'll offer 7 years. Heck, why not 10?

I'd like to think otherwise, but I wouldn't bet on it with my money.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:27 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the service intervals and schedules most of the Chinese bikes demand to keep the warranty valid...... if you actually have the will to keep to them you end up almost paying a fortune to keep the warranty good.

I am a believer in some Chinese bikes but a YZF lookalike for almost £2400? No bloody way unless maybe it is at the learner legal 14.6Bhp limit
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
MC This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

SQL
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:18 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

BodyGuard wrote:
MC wrote:
The argument with Chinese bikes was that they were cheap, this one isn't, therefore there's no argument...


Nor was my Daelim (Korean) I blew my £2400 teenage savings the biggest mistake of my life. For six months it was a love affair but then when winter approached it left me stranded at the road side at least a dozen times (water getting in the coil) sometimes when I go to work on my Varadero I ride past all the places I was left stranded and just smile.

It also cost me several hundreds with AA emergency joining fees and going over the limit for call outs also a very well paid job for my age at the time which was a permanent position I enjoyed things were only going to get better I have not had anything close job wise since.

In the end I sold it to Raffles for a measly £100 to shift it to make room for my Varadero which cost a grand which I earned using public transport for almost all of last summer it has got me a licence and has never let me down bar the shaft.

I had the 'I want a shiny new bike no one has touched mentality' if only I had discovered this forum before I bought it I'd be fully licensed up now.

I know which I'd choose if I could go back in time.


The R6?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hokum
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 26 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:34 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

BodyGuard wrote:
MC wrote:
The argument with Chinese bikes was that they were cheap, this one isn't, therefore there's no argument...


Nor was my Daelim (Korean) I blew my £2400 teenage savings the biggest mistake of my life. For six months it was a love affair but then when winter approached it left me stranded at the road side at least a dozen times (water getting in the coil) sometimes when I go to work on my Varadero I ride past all the places I was left stranded and just smile.

It also cost me several hundreds with AA emergency joining fees and going over the limit for call outs also a very well paid job for my age at the time which was a permanent position I enjoyed things were only going to get better I have not had anything close job wise since.

In the end I sold it to Raffles for a measly £100 to shift it to make room for my Varadero which cost a grand which I earned using public transport for almost all of last summer it has got me a licence and has never let me down bar the shaft.

I had the 'I want a shiny new bike no one has touched mentality' if only I had discovered this forum before I bought it I'd be fully licensed up now.

I know which I'd choose if I could go back in time.


My Daelim VJ 125 hasn't broken down in 20 months of solid use, and is now on 19k. It goes in all weather and all temps, even the -18C cold snap didn't stop it.
____________________
Sane: To know when you are doing something crazy.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

NooBish-AbbZ
Nova Slayer



Joined: 04 Jan 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:05 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have have seen one today in red and white, thought it was a YZF until I heard it. Musta been one of these, looks nice
____________________
SV650S - Feb '14-March '19
XJ6N- Apr '19 -Present
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:17 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Iain_ wrote:
YBR125 is oil change every 4k, filter every other oil change

I believe the YBR is 3500 and the CBF is 2500. I consider both of those too high - there have been several reports of CBFs burning through their oil within that interval and seizing.

Honestly branded Chinese bikes tend to specify every 1500km or even 1000km (621 miles!) oil changes. Are you really going to pay a garage to do that for 5 years in order to maintain a warranty that might turn out to mean "Speak to Mr Fang in the service department. It's in his kennel."

Random number salad says:

Max power 6.9kW = 9.25hp

Max speed 125kph = 77.7mph

Well, good luck with that.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pdg
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:08 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

BodyGuard wrote:

Nor was my Daelim (Korean) I blew my £2400 teenage savings the biggest mistake of my life. For six months it was a love affair but then when winter approached it left me stranded at the road side at least a dozen times (water getting in the coil) sometimes when I go to work on my Varadero I ride past all the places I was left stranded and just smile.

It also cost me several hundreds with AA emergency joining fees and going over the limit for call outs also a very well paid job for my age at the time which was a permanent position I enjoyed things were only going to get better I have not had anything close job wise since.

In the end I sold it to Raffles for a measly £100 to shift it to make room for my Varadero which cost a grand which I earned using public transport for almost all of last summer it has got me a licence and has never let me down bar the shaft.

I had the 'I want a shiny new bike no one has touched mentality' if only I had discovered this forum before I bought it I'd be fully licensed up now.

I know which I'd choose if I could go back in time.


It didn't let you down at all, you let it down by treating it like shit and badly bodging it.

Or, more concisely...

Fuck off, cunt.
____________________
Any and all advice given should not be followed - if you have to ask it means you don't know so get a man in to do it for you.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

evoboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:11 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The YZF125 is made by MBK anyway. As are most small capacity Yamaha's.

CBF125's will burn their oil if ridden for extended periods at high rpms. Sometimes even before 1k miles is reached.

YZF's also do it. I've rebuilt enough with seized top ends and blown cranks to know this.
____________________
Suzuki GT250 x7------- Fazer 600------CB250RS------Aprilia Rally 70----- Bandit 600

APT Motorcycles
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar



Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:41 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

BodyGuard wrote:


Nor was my Daelim (Korean) I blew my £2400 teenage savings the biggest mistake of my life. For six months it was a love affair but then when winter approached it left me stranded at the road side at least a dozen times (water getting in the coil) sometimes when I go to work on my Varadero I ride past all the places I was left stranded and just smile.

It also cost me several hundreds with AA emergency joining fees and going over the limit for call outs also a very well paid job for my age at the time which was a permanent position I enjoyed things were only going to get better I have not had anything close job wise since.

In the end I sold it to Raffles for a measly £100 to shift it to make room for my Varadero which cost a grand which I earned using public transport for almost all of last summer it has got me a licence and has never let me down bar the shaft.

I had the 'I want a shiny new bike no one has touched mentality' if only I had discovered this forum before I bought it I'd be fully licensed up now.

I know which I'd choose if I could go back in time.


So why didn't you just replace the coil?
____________________
trevor saxe-coburg-gotha:"Remember this simple rule - scooters are for men who like to feel the breeze on their huge, flapping cunt lips."
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:52 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather bet the money on suarez never biting anyone again.
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr



Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:18 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always rather worrying, when private e-bay adds use more words, telling you they dont want time wasters, or offers or swaps, and cash only, and how the last bidder pissed them around, than they do telling you what they actually have for sale...

This rings very similar alarm bells.... "Ohh, it does look like an R125, doesn't it? Is it water cooled then? Or does it have a generic CG or Pit-Bike motor I wonder.....
- Warranty, yes, nice... dealer registered, useful... pre-deliver valeting, fan-fucking tastic! What fucking ENGINE is in it?!"
It's not there. They tell you the sum total of fuck all about the actual bike!

Quick google later:-
Genata XRZ 125
Engine: 1 Cylinder 4 stroke engine
Dispclament: 124cc
Speed: 90 km/h
Cooling: Air force

So ACTUALLY, after all that, its an air-cooled engine, NOT a water-cooled YZF-R125 engine, and it has a book speed of just 55mph like any other generic Chink-bike.... And costs as much as a brand new YBR125.....

I'd advice people to look elsewhere... this just screams disappointment in waiting, and a lot of money for not a lot of bike. If you have to have that 'style' buy a 2nd hand YZF-R125, for the same money, and hold it's value a LOT better, whilst you get the full performance, and genuine Yamaha spares support, and no hassle being told "Sorry it's not in our listings, what d'y'say its based on again?" and finding that a YZF-R125 igniter box, or spark plug or gear-lever DOESN'T actually fit that bike, if ANYTHING is actually interchangeable with the YZF, even the body panels! Or, buy a brand new YBR. Depreciation will still be less when you come to sell, you'll still have genuine Yamaha after market support, more speed, and less hassle, and new-bike reliability for the duration.

But bet a fair few eager newbies nagging mummy to under-sign the credit agreement will be duped into it.
____________________
My Webby'Tef's-tQ, loads of stuff about my bikes, my Land-Rovers, and the stuff I do with them!
Current Bikes:'Honda VF1000F' ;'CB750F2N' ;'CB125TD ( 6 3 of em!)'; 'Montesa Cota 248'. Learner FAQ's:= 'U want to Ride a Motorbike! Where Do U start?'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:15 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatjames wrote:
inb4 '£2.5k should be enough for a licence and a real bike' Wink


Yeah pre 2013 you could say that now anyone under the age of 19 might as well have fun and spend what they want on a 125. As you have no way out due to the stupid laws especially if they are going to be spending a few years on the 125.
____________________
CB125>CG125>GN125>ER5>K100RS>R1100RS>K100RS
A2 completed 23/07/15 Ready for the Golden Crisp Packet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

moonzoomer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:33 - 11 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bike uses the old chinese CG 125 copy air cooled 156 FMI-2 engine according to this gumtree advert, having said that they could not be any worse than the YZF125 engine which is a pile of self destructing oil burning junk.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/2014-genata-xrz-125cc-brand-new-yamaha-yzf-r-style-motorbike/1072131290
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:31 - 12 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually seen a considerable number of people selling 500-1000cc bikes. I've met a few and they want swaps for a 125cc because they can't be bothered going through all the hoops to get a full licence.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 93 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.54 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 140.66 Kb