Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Who'd wear these?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:48 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Who'd wear these? Reply with quote

I'd have the Batman and maybe the Captain America if only they were bibshorts!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301093909864
____________________
Responsibility. It's a difficult reality for some. I'm running the 2014 Sheffield Half Marathon on behalf of Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice. Please sponsor me, even if it's just a quid.
DonnyBrago: "I think you may be confusing rain and napalm..." Paulington: "It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it."
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:50 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate has the spiderman set. I refuse to ride with him when he wears it.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:54 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just ordered these to go with my deFeet KoM socks:

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/UIYAAOxyaURTgvAM/$_12.JPG
____________________
Responsibility. It's a difficult reality for some. I'm running the 2014 Sheffield Half Marathon on behalf of Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice. Please sponsor me, even if it's just a quid.
DonnyBrago: "I think you may be confusing rain and napalm..." Paulington: "It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it."
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:21 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlosthejackal wrote:
I've just ordered these to go with my deFeet KoM socks:

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/UIYAAOxyaURTgvAM/$_12.JPG


From a man that barely sets wheel on an uphill slope, that is a bit much!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:07 - 15 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd wear them If and only if I was doing a charity bike ride like the coast to Coast or something. However I would end up looking like this.



https://costumefail.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/fat-batman-costume.jpg
____________________
Current: Honda Nsr 125
Live: Sunderland
Luke "cant be arsed to read your post, but suck my balls anyway."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:33 - 15 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brave man for purchasing a KOM jersey. They are fair bait on a climb!

I bought my daughter one though for the Tour.

https://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/therealkom.jpg
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:04 - 15 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off topic, I had to laugh openly and loudly at my mate who decided to buy a full set of OPQ team kit before Le Tour. He told me on Sunday when we were out for a short, flat, 30 miler that he'd got it all on order. Of course, nothing to do with Cav being the ManUtd of the cycling wannabees, no no. And of course, when it comes, I am going to laugh louder and harder when I'm at the top and he's wheezing in a gutter halfway up.

Team kits are for people with the skills to back it up.

And Batman gear is for The Batman. Don't piss him off.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lihp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:00 - 15 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:

Team kits are for people with the skills to back it up.


Team kits are for the team Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Sep 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:03 - 15 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilDawson8270 wrote:

Team kits are for the team Wink


Abso-bloomin-lutely!
____________________
Current bike - 2018 H2-SX, 2004 SV1000s, 2016 Aprilia RSV4 RF, 2017 Sherco SERF 300, 2003 Suzuki DRZ400 (stolen - AY53 JUU)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Glen
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:24 - 15 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see any problem wearing team kit if that't your choice. I was given full Garmin and Belkin kit recently by the teams and it looks smart and fits better than anything I've previously had - I try not to get carried away by 'the rules'.

Mind you i'd probably draw the line at Team SKY kit...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Seb
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:29 - 15 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a sucker for the team sky pro gear. The quality is second to none, it's comfortable, the fit is spot on and Rapha's warranty seals the deal. It might make me look a bit of a knob, but eh, I can half justify it on the hills at least!
____________________
2010 Triumph 1050 Sprint ST
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hachi8
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 08 Jan 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:43 - 15 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gays?
____________________
K7 GSXR 1000 - The Beast!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rigga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:58 - 15 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could never be a full kit wanker, my mate wears full bmc kit, bought because "i liked the colours" lol. Also no way would I wear I polka dot Jersey, that is just asking for it on the climbs Smile
____________________
Current bike: Honda CBR 1100xx
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:27 - 15 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full kits often cost more for the same material as the manufacturers own. I bought a pair of black Pearl Izumi bib shorts the other week. The identical ones with BMC on were £20 more expensive.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:23 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

D O G wrote:
carlosthejackal wrote:
I've just ordered these to go with my deFeet KoM socks:

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/UIYAAOxyaURTgvAM/$_12.JPG


From a man that barely sets wheel on an uphill slope, that is a bit much!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing


Harsh, but fair.

Trying to do a lot more though. Did 3500ft on Sunday's group ride, and was dancing up the Sprotbrough Falls climb near the end...
____________________
Responsibility. It's a difficult reality for some. I'm running the 2014 Sheffield Half Marathon on behalf of Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice. Please sponsor me, even if it's just a quid.
DonnyBrago: "I think you may be confusing rain and napalm..." Paulington: "It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it."
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Glen
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:41 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're after some hills head over my way and hit me up, i'm 5 miles out from the peaks and about 10 from Winnats Pass and other notable climbs Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:58 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonB wrote:
Full kits often cost more for the same material as the manufacturers own. I bought a pair of black Pearl Izumi bib shorts the other week. The identical ones with BMC on were £20 more expensive.


Or you can get the Chinese ones from ebay at £15 a go - I bought a Europcar jersey as a nod to Tommy V, came within 2 weeks and the quality is very good for the price. Zip is a bit cheap but perfectly functional, and I've washed it maybe 20 times and no fading yet.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 82 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.28 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 94.99 Kb