Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Oxford heated grips, relay or direct connection

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

stuey2407
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 01 Feb 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:44 - 26 Dec 2014    Post subject: Oxford heated grips, relay or direct connection Reply with quote

I have bought some Oxford heated grips for my 2012 street triple. I note that these newer versions automatically shut off and can be wired directly to the battery and do not need a relay. Has anyone had a problems with this or do people stick to using a relay?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bamt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:49 - 26 Dec 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works, but I stuck a relay in anyway.

If any kids fiddle with your bike, having a light that comes on when a button is pressed is a guarantee to have them doing it again and again. Whilst the grips will turn themselves off after a while, it's all drain on your battery.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:34 - 26 Dec 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are direct to the battery, not had any issues yet and I've left them on by accident numerous times. Shut off works perfectly.
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

defblade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:57 - 26 Dec 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if I properly trusted anything with "Oxford" on it, I'd still wire mine through a relay. You'll really wish you had as you try to bump start the thing.
____________________
Honda Varadero 125cc => Suzuki Bandit 650 33bhp => 77bhp =>
BMW K1200R Sport 163bhp Twisted Evil => Aprilia Shiver GT 750 95bhp
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 285 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.05 Sec - Server Load: 0.57 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 39.11 Kb