Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Starter relay makes a hissing noise.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

JackDanger
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 23 Oct 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:13 - 31 Dec 2014    Post subject: Starter relay makes a hissing noise. Reply with quote

Firstly, I replaced the starter relay a few months back when I got the bike and it (the relay) has worked fine since, fires first time almost every time and dont really have any trouble with the bike at all.

HOWEVER

The bike has not been starting for the past few days because of the cold, it's warmed up a bit today so I tried turning it on after I got in from work today. Started first time so i thought nothing of it. Went to go out tonight and the bike wont start for shit. The starter relay is making a hissing noise and then nothing. The battery is clearly being drained because the lights go flicker when I hit the ignition. I tried putting a terminal driver across the two coils on the relay and they spark but the engine still didn't turn over. I have a second battery that I am going to try trickle charging tomorrow and then test it when I get in from work.

I know it's new years eve but I thought some bike nerds might be sat in (like me)!

Can't fucking wait to get off this piece of shit Lexmoto. =(
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

misscrabstick
Crazy Courier



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 31 Dec 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a dead battery to me, certainly it's the first thing to try to see if it resolves the problem.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 275 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.05 Sec - Server Load: 0.54 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 32.32 Kb