Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


continental go tyres any good?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

bradh511
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 01 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:48 - 02 Jan 2015    Post subject: continental go tyres any good? Reply with quote

Been looking at new tyres for my bike. Front doesn't seem to bad a brand on my bike but the rear was a golden boy lol. That had plenty of tread when it passed its mot 1k ago in ealry december. But now its as bold as a bagers ***.

So I've been searching on the bay of e and found a set of continental go's for not bad money 60 pounds free delivery from M and P in swansea. Is there any reasons why I shouldn't buy these tyres as these seem to be the best tyres for not strong money I put a maxxis on my rs and this cost me nearly 120 fitted it my self and plan to do same with conti's

Tyre sizes 2.75 x 18 front
3.00 x. 18 rear

This is for. My Gs 125
____________________
Theory 11-10-12 lets hope i get mod 1 and 2 done by the 18th of jan 2013 Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:13 - 02 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be fine, Contis have been my first choice for years - for the same reasons you point out.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CBFcarl
Nearly there...



Joined: 29 Oct 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:12 - 03 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my AJS JS125, I had the awful OEM tyres that were pretty much nylon. On my CBF125 I use Conti Go! tyres, and they are decent tyres. Great in the dry, ok in the wet.
____________________
thx1138 wrote: Well if you had a car, I'd bet it would smell like urine had had drunken sex with vomit and made a poo baby.
Polarbear wrote: They are all old now. Probably had more abuse that a Rotherham schoolgirl.
Hellkat wrote: I want to know if Nigella smells of garlic, or just minge.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:09 - 03 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just say I've put some Metzeler ME22 on my CG in those sizes. I really rate them. Had some heidenau on it before and they must have been ten years old, they were solid, like riding on blocks of wood.
____________________
I'm Sam; Northern, Ginger, Lover
Did have: '95 ZZR600 '83 CG125 '97 ZZR1100 '15 Hypermotard 821 SP Do Have: '10 ZX10R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Moo.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:10 - 03 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the conti go's on the 3 small bikes i've had, an SS50, CG125 and a C90 and i do like them! So shall use them again Smile
____________________
A2 Passed 18/6/10
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 271 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.18 Sec - Server Load: 1.13 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 43.28 Kb