Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I'll assume theres nothing I can do.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 04 Dec 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:28 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: I'll assume theres nothing I can do. Reply with quote

Woke up thismorning to find my car now looks like this;

https://i.imgur.com/EJqoIND.jpg

When I parked it up last night it did not look like this.

The dent by the doorhandle was present, the rest of it was not. I have no idea of a time, no reg number, no witness, no CCTV, and no way of proving anything. I can't find a car parked up with silver paint on it either.

Mad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

duhawkz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:31 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIB Untraced driver claim.

I think theres about a £300 excess

Have you reported it to the police?
____________________
"The guy is a worthless cunt and I honestly believe I would be a slightly happier person if he died." - Chris-Red
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 04 Dec 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:39 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't reported it due to my total lack of faith in them. I mean christ, I got SMIDSY'd, asked for them to prosecute the driver and ended up getting threatened for my bike having a noisy pipe and a small plate.

Car is only worth £1k tops...could probbably fix damage for £300 & was selling it anyway. Will look into it though, cause if it's deemed total loss @ market value it does save me the hassle of selling the damn thing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TheArchitect
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:43 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
MIB Untraced driver claim.

I think theres about a £300 excess

Have you reported it to the police?


Sorry to jump into your thread with a random question duhawkz, but I think it may be relevant..

If say, you were to go through MIB and claim, will that affect future premiums and will is affect your no claims?
____________________
GSXR 600 K6 - Stolen
GSXR 600 K6 - Stolen
MT09 - Almost stolen
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:50 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Re: I'll assume theres nothing I can do. Reply with quote

Iain. wrote:
I can't find a car parked up with silver paint on it either.

There's a good chance that you'd have moar luck if you get up early tomorrow morning to check for who has your silver paint on their car. Of course, if they're clever then they'll park a few streets away for a while but it'd still be worth having a look early in the morning before people go to work.

Why would you not reporting it to the police? At least then it is on record and if you do manage to find the car responsible then there'd be a greater chance of the police doing something.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:14 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those scratches look like they came from a run away trolley.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 04 Dec 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:15 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Re: I'll assume theres nothing I can do. Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Why would you not reporting it to the police?


1. Total waste of time
2. They'll find some way to do me for something I've not even considered.
3. Got a parking ticket last time I reported a crime.
4. Scum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

duhawkz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:26 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonCommuter wrote:
duhawkz wrote:
MIB Untraced driver claim.

I think theres about a £300 excess

Have you reported it to the police?


Sorry to jump into your thread with a random question duhawkz, but I think it may be relevant..

If say, you were to go through MIB and claim, will that affect future premiums and will is affect your no claims?


You would have a non fault accident on your record, which by rights you have to declare to your insurance, whether that makes a difference is down to your insurance.

Regarding your no claims, I would have thought that they would be unaffected as your not claiming off your insurance and the accident was not your fault
____________________
"The guy is a worthless cunt and I honestly believe I would be a slightly happier person if he died." - Chris-Red
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 04 Dec 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:26 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
Those scratches look like they came from a run away trolley.


Given there's at least three in the road, and that the residents use them for transporting everything then it's entirely possible that they lost a trolley.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:34 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:


You would have a non fault accident on your record, which by rights you have to declare to your insurance, whether that makes a difference is down to your insurance.

Regarding your no claims, I would have thought that they would be unaffected as your not claiming off your insurance and the accident was not your fault


I did this then forgot all about it and didn't declare it when it came time to renew.

The new insurance company queried why my renewal form didn't match the claims record on their database and cancelled my policy.

In future I definitely won't be informing them of any accidents I'm not going to claim for,
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

covent.gardens
World Clap Champion



Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:42 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
I did this then forgot all about it and didn't declare it when it came time to renew.

The new insurance company queried why my renewal form didn't match the claims record on their database and cancelled my policy.

In future I definitely won't be informing them of any accidents I'm not going to claim for,

You're fucked now then, as you need to be answering Yes to "Have you ever had insurance cancelled", if you answer no and get a claim they will likely void you, and they'll check as well.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:44 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are awful, and the sooner we find a solution, the better. Sad
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt B
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:59 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comes up pretty high, too high for a car bumper maybe.

Did you have wheelie bins and shopping trolleys being blown along the street last night?
____________________
stinkwheel: He had an animated .gif of a cat performing fellatio. It's not socially acceptable. It can have real life adverse effects on other people.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 04 Dec 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:22 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt B wrote:
Comes up pretty high, too high for a car bumper maybe.


Theres a massively high amount of drunk/high drivers in Chatham, loads of people without licences and such. It's fairly normal to find LWB transits/sprinters parked on that hill and people carriers with extensive panel damage.

This will be the third car that I've had damaged on that road whilst parked. Whilst there are other places I can park it, here has CCTV coverage which saved my arse last time.

No wheelie bins being blown about etc. Trollies people take to get their stuff home, then throw them in the alleyway.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:55 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Re: I'll assume theres nothing I can do. Reply with quote

Iain. wrote:
I have no idea of a time, no reg number, no witness, no CCTV, and no way of proving anything. I can't find a car parked up with silver paint on it either.

Mad


Quote:
This will be the third car that I've had damaged on that road whilst parked. Whilst there are other places I can park it, here has CCTV coverage which saved my arse last time.


Confused
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Re: I'll assume theres nothing I can do. Reply with quote

Iain. wrote:
Ste wrote:
Why would you not reporting it to the police?


1. Total waste of time
2. They'll find some way to do me for something I've not even considered.
3. Got a parking ticket last time I reported a crime.
4. Scum.


5. Get a claim recorded on your ins. history. Crying or Very sad
____________________
Whatever I post I have no citation and no intention of providing one..
caveat emptor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sensi5446
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 12 Feb 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:17 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hard enough if you have the reg and full name, some twat reversed into my wifes car outside our house 2 days before christmas,she'd just parked and was at the front door when it happened, got his reg and name but he gave me a false phone number, phoned 101 the same night to log it they said phone her insurance, they've said the cars not insured and its a crminal matter, phone the police they say the insurance will contact them etc etc etc...... insurance really wanted to fix the car but wanted £500 excess. So all those out there driving round uninsured just give false details and your off the hook.

oh and I have it all on CCTV Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

BakesBeans
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:49 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensi5446 wrote:
I have it all on CCTV Laughing


Show us or it didn't happen.
____________________
Current: Kawasaki ZX636
Previous Bike: Honda CBR600F ABS, Yamaha XJ6 F Diversion ABS, Honda VFR400 NC30
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sensi5446
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 12 Feb 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:04 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

BakesBeans wrote:
sensi5446 wrote:
I have it all on CCTV Laughing


Show us or it didn't happen.


Don't want to show of my home security.

Theres not much to see as its off the drive and the fence is in the way, but you see the car suddenly stop drive forwards and the guy gets out, then my wife goes out followed by me then we're all stood there as I take down his reg, name and number. He asked if he could pay for it and not go through the insurance and said he knows my neighbour and he had just come from the neighbours house so I though why not. Never again. I reckon he was uninsured and didn't want to get done if I phone the police there and then.

Anyway back to the OP topic
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 May 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:43 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
People are awful, and the sooner we find a solution, the better. Sad


I think some fella with a bad moustache had a similar idea, except America disagreed over the logistics of his solution. Whistle
____________________
The above post is most likely nonsensical.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CieL
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 22 Jul 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:26 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iain. wrote:
Will look into it though, cause if it's deemed total loss @ market value it does save me the hassle of selling the damn thing.

How the f**k would a few little scratches make a car a total loss? You can buff that s**t out for a few quid for god's sake.
____________________
Semper Paratus
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mudcow007
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:27 - 12 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
MIB Untraced driver claim.

I think theres about a £300 excess

Have you reported it to the police?


tried that when my car got hit

MIB said "you need the other vehicle details to start a claim" so i explained what happened an was told nothing you can do

My car was smacked in a car park, by a Delta Taxi in Liverpool an drove off

Fuzz couldnt even do anything.....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 04 Dec 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:19 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
Confused


CCTV controller box borked itself. At 8.30 when I checked it it was insisting that it was 1pm on 22/01/2000 & wouldnt pull any previous data. Engineers out to fix it tomorrow. Couldnt pull the data from saturday either for the police investigating a hit & run

CieL wrote:
How the f**k would a few little scratches make a car a total loss? You can buff that s**t out for a few quid for god's sake.


I'll assume you've not dealt with an insurance claim before?

Replacement of door with OEM Seat parts, panelbeaters labour to replace door, pull and respray quarter panel. Cost of paint, sundries, filler etc. Has to be repaired to an as new condition if going through insurance - the CR had £2.5k of damage to it after my crash, yet a mate rode that home & half of BCF rode it with nothing but new bars Laughing

£40/hr on labour, easy days worth of work. To be a write off the repair has to total 60% of the vehicles market value...so in this case the bill would only have to hit £500-600. I suspect the door alone would likely cover most if not all of that.

A mate who does exceptionally cheap work has quoted £175 to fix. To give an idea of how cheap that is, he charged me £150 to supply a new tail, knock the dents out of my tank then do a full respray on the lot in three stage pearl paint on my Bandit.


Last edited by Iain. on 11:25 - 13 Jan 2015; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer



Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:18 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:


Regarding your no claims, I would have thought that they would be unaffected as your not claiming off your insurance and the accident was not your fault


Correct in your first assumption - only thing that affects NCD in long run is if your insurer pays out so much as a penny.

Incorrect or lacking substance on second assumption. It has nothing to do with fault per se. It's not a no fault claims discount, it's a no claims discount. That is to say you can lose your NCD with a non fault claim - insurer can pay out and fail to recover losses from third party. Some policies have protection in this regard - although I don't recall seeing a motorcycle policy that has
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:19 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

covent.gardens wrote:
panrider_uk wrote:
I did this then forgot all about it and didn't declare it when it came time to renew.

The new insurance company queried why my renewal form didn't match the claims record on their database and cancelled my policy.

In future I definitely won't be informing them of any accidents I'm not going to claim for,

You're fucked now then, as you need to be answering Yes to "Have you ever had insurance cancelled", if you answer no and get a claim they will likely void you, and they'll check as well.


Fortunately they accepted that my not declaring it was simply because I didn't realise I had to, so they didn't put the cancellation in the database.
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 267 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 0.72 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 135.27 Kb