Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


can you get low frequency tinnitus?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:37 - 21 Feb 2015    Post subject: can you get low frequency tinnitus? Reply with quote

I could hear a low frequency noise and thought it was a nighbours extractor fan or central heating pump. But I can hear the same sound away from my flat. Its like a low reverberation almost like a feeling rather than a sound. Could this be tinnitus?.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:45 - 21 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=low+frequency+tinnitus
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:52 - 21 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

temeluchus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:52 - 21 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brain cancer.
____________________
Some shite cruiser. Now with guns and FREEDOM!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:42 - 21 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum


Holy shit! That is absolutely what I hear! Freaky shit.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:09 - 21 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear it here in Northampton. Tried to figure out where it comes from, has bugged me for years.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Jewlio Iglesias This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

temeluchus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:21 - 21 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Iglesias wrote:
Wouldn't one require a brain for that?


Well it could be a brain shaped tumour?
____________________
Some shite cruiser. Now with guns and FREEDOM!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:28 - 21 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far outside Northampton does it extend? Do you hear it other places?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:31 - 21 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear it at night in NN2; I didn't hear it when I lived in NN3, nor in NN6.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:37 - 21 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sense the beginnings of an Amazon Original mini series. A disparate group of people find themselves Lost on an ever expanding roundabout once a Viking settlement while being plagued with The Hum!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

angryjonny
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:57 - 21 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're really unlucky you get "brown-note tinnitus". Whenever you're in a quiet room you shit yourself.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rideslikean00...
Nearly there...



Joined: 26 May 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:04 - 22 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always associate low level hum that isn't caused by loose connections on an audio device/standing too close to the amp when playing electric guitar to be related to stuff going on in the distance, i.e. cars going by, heavy duty machinery, nearby power sub-station. Main problem that used to get me was having too many devices with hard drives sitting inside a cabinet without proper dampening - at night when you have the TV on lower volumes it becomes more and more pronounced. I dunno. For me lots of causes and I'm quite sensitive to it.
____________________
.
Previous/Current Bikes
2013 Yamaha YBR-125ED -> 1997 Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunderace -> 2009 Yamaha XJ-6 Diversion -> 2007 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer S2
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:57 - 22 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

rideslikean00b wrote:
I always associate low level hum that isn't caused by loose connections on an audio device/standing too close to the amp when playing electric guitar to be related to stuff going on in the distance, i.e. cars going by, heavy duty machinery, nearby power sub-station. Main problem that used to get me was having too many devices with hard drives sitting inside a cabinet without proper dampening - at night when you have the TV on lower volumes it becomes more and more pronounced. I dunno. For me lots of causes and I'm quite sensitive to it.


I switched everything off in my flat and still hear it. Also I hear it at the other end of town at my girlfriends.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:39 - 22 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low hum? Change pants/socks.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:45 - 22 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum


I found 'the hum' and the 'constant light' really disturbed my sleep when I lived in Southampton. I coped for a year, then moved. I've not experienced anything like it for ages now. I do however, still here my tinnitus noise I've suffered with for years. I can usually zone it out...thankfully.

Not right now, granted as I'm thinking about it... Neutral
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:57 - 22 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Fizzer suffers from tinnitus quite badly,as do both of our kids.As my dad-in-law has it,I can only assume that it is hereditary.
Some people suggest that it is from continuous exposure to loud noises or riding bikes without ear protection Confused

Thankfully I do not get it at all,despite riding bikes for as long as I have.
____________________
Just talk bikes.What else is there?

Always have a 'Plan B'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

scorps
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:52 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had tinnitus for years, its part and parcel of the menierres I was diagnosed with. I hear all kinds of sounds in my left ear.

Unfortunately i no longer hear actual sound.
____________________
Do not presume that I am male.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 227 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.73 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 96.57 Kb