Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


think I need to go see a doctor, first time in 16 years

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: think I need to go see a doctor, first time in 16 years Reply with quote

about a month ago I noticed what I thought was a bite or a bit of a rash just above my ankle
about the size of a penny and pretty round (hence the bite theory)

but 4 weeks later its just the same, it does sort of scab over but more like flaky skin
not liking the look of it so time to go see a doctor I think
____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer



Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look like eczema or allergic reaction, some corticoid should help. Thumbs Up

Not sure if you can get it with no prescription though, so I say get it checked. Definitely avoid soap and don't shower that often.
____________________
'87 Honda XBR 500, '96 Kawasaki ZX7R P1, '90 Honda CB-1, '88 Kawasaki GPz550, MZ 150 ETZ
'95 Mercedes-Benz w202 C200 CGI, '98 Mercedes-Benz w210 E200 Kompressor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Minty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:47 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an ankle nipple. Harmless enough but should be covered when it starts to lactate.
____________________
My fingers smell of your mum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:52 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
It does look like eczema or allergic reaction, some corticoid should help. Thumbs Up

Not sure if you can get it with no prescription though, so I say get it checked. Definitely avoid soap and don't shower that often.


I thought that as well, but I know what eczema looks like and its not the same
again allergic reaction I would have thought would clear up in under a month
this has not changed and no sign of going away

may actually just pop into a chemist and ask them
I'm in London and my "Local" surgery is in Scotland and I have no idea who my doctor is
____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:56 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its Bad Aids.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:02 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
Its Bad Aids.


most likely and I may be very deaded tomorrow so I can get a day off Laughing
____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

finniee
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:05 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Psoriasis,

but then again as said could either be an ankle nipple ready to lactate or bad aids.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:12 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ringworm?

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:16 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the olden days, a third nipple was seen as proof of witchcraft.

BURN THE WITCH........BURN THE WITCH.....
____________________
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:20 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Ringworm?


My initial thoughts...but would you only get one spot? Confused
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bikeless
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:26 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like ringworm to me.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

notbike
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:59 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have crabs
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Moo.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:20 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure it isn't a reset button? Thinking

Have you pressed it?
____________________
A2 Passed 18/6/10
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:31 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

finniee wrote:
It looks like Psoriasis.


It's this, I have it too. It'll 'flake' over, get itchy and then go smooth and pink after you scratch it.

The doc should give you ointment to put on it, which you should do several times a day, then it'll subside. If you go to scratch it, stop and apply the ointment.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:21 - 24 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you Scots get free prescriptions anywhere in the UK or only when on your home turf?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

b422063
Crazy Courier



Joined: 14 Oct 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:52 - 24 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Do you Scots get free prescriptions anywhere in the UK or only when on your home turf?


Only on home turf. Sad You can get free prescriptions if you reside up there and see a GP located in Scotland.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Benjums
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:06 - 24 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldpink wrote:

most likely and I may be very deaded tomorrow so I can get a day off Laughing


Reading this just bought back some fun we had once with a building firm I used to work for, one of my work mates was off sick with something I can't remember what it was but when he came back to work they started quoting policies at him and that his illness should have been recovered from inside 3 days. Being a smart arse he asked for a copy of the policies which they gave to him. We had great fun reading, apparently if you lost a limb you would be recovered and back to work inside 2 weeks, if you suffered from a sudden case of waking up dead one morning then you was only allowed one day to get over this and had to be back at work the following day.
Much fun was had with the boss's and pointing out the stupid policies, they couldn't see the problem with them Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

scorps
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:48 - 24 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

im going to be the doom and gloom merchant, colleague where I used to work had something very similar to that on her nose, was either a basal or squarmous cell carcinoma.
____________________
Do not presume that I am male.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:53 - 24 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

scorps wrote:
im going to be the doom and gloom merchant, colleague where I used to work had something very similar to that on her nose, was either a basal or squarmous cell carcinoma.


yes I have seen some pictures of basal / squarmous carcinoma that is similar but reading up
these are more likely caused by the sun and on exposed skin, I'm no sun lover and very rare I'd be out without socks
but one reason I'm going to have it looked at Thumbs Up
____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:13 - 24 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it don't look that appealing tbh, which is the only reason why I might want to have it checked out or burned off etc.

I work on the process that if something don't hurt I wouldn't worry about it. That's why I've still got 2moles on my back and a lump on my right shoulder and a smaller one on my neck too.

I'd not been to docs for year's before all that stress/depression shit, and then the old bollock trouble. I've rarely gone longer than 6weeks since without a least a hospital or doctors appointment since then. I went twice about my sore throat, but the 2nd time was worth it as the female doc was quite nice, but she didn't ask me to strip like the male doctor once did, and filmed it at the same time, the dirty pervert!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:49 - 25 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a wandering verruca.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

defblade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:10 - 25 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

scorps wrote:
im going to be the doom and gloom merchant, colleague where I used to work had something very similar to that on her nose, was either a basal or squarmous cell carcinoma.


To save you time, I'm a pharmacist (just not your local one), and there's a bit too much chance of the above looking at those photos, especially as it looks raised in the middle.

Doctors. Today.


Or it may just be an ongoing local reaction to a bite; or just possibly marine tuberculosis; or something else again. That's the trouble with trying to tell from a photo. It's NOT a verruca, ringworm, crabs or any form of AIDS (good or bad Wink ); I'd be surprised if it's psoriasis presenting like that but not impossible.

But I'll repeat:
Doctors.
____________________
Honda Varadero 125cc => Suzuki Bandit 650 33bhp => 77bhp =>
BMW K1200R Sport 163bhp Twisted Evil => Aprilia Shiver GT 750 95bhp
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:27 - 25 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your input Thumbs Up

defblade wrote:
scorps wrote:
im going to be the doom and gloom merchant, colleague where I used to work had something very similar to that on her nose, was either a basal or squarmous cell carcinoma.


To save you time, I'm a pharmacist (just not your local one), and there's a bit too much chance of the above looking at those photos, especially as it looks raised in the middle.

Doctors. Today.


Or it may just be an ongoing local reaction to a bite; or just possibly marine tuberculosis; or something else again. That's the trouble with trying to tell from a photo. It's NOT a verruca, ringworm, crabs or any form of AIDS (good or bad Wink ); I'd be surprised if it's psoriasis presenting like that but not impossible.

But I'll repeat:
Doctors.

____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 229 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 5.36 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 120.96 Kb