Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

waffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:22 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mJZ wrote:
-Matt- wrote:

All fitted in the end and really impressed with how easy it is to get on and off. Just big enough for a sleeping bag which i'd strap on top of it anyway so plenty of space for what i'm planning to use it for Thumbs Up

https://i58.tinypic.com/sbmq7d.jpg

Inb4 dropped on the motorway


Will it fit Fireblade? I've got Oxford panniers but they won't fit bikes with under-seat exhausts.


Kriega stuff uses the pillion seat, nothing attaches under the tail or on the pillion pegs. They give you webbing to attach to the subframe in the tail unit which gives some loops hanging out, pop the rear seat on and you clip the bag onto the loops. I took a US20 and two US10's to the Netherlands/Germany last year and they survived 100+mph on the autobahns with no hassle Thumbs Up

Basically - will be fine if you have a pillion seat.
____________________
Theory test - 19/8/09, CBT - 11/10/09, MOD 1 - 16/8/10, MOD 2 - 27/10/10
Past rides Yamaha XT125X, Triumph TT600, Honda XR250
Current rides Suzuki GSXR 600, Honda MSX125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:37 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted a new chain slider to the crm after the other went south, got caught up in the front sprocket, locked the back wheel up and nearly low sided me. Luckily I was only doing about 35.

New slider cost £65 (!!). Problem was, the underside screw wouldn't come out of the swing arm - for some inexplicable reason. So my mate Phil cut a slot in it with his dremmel and managed to extract the f*cker. Did a great job. Am also fitting alloy 45 tooth rear sprocket and new 13 tooth front, plus chain. Oh and rear tyre.
____________________
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent."

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Musketeer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:50 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will add Kriega US20 to my shopping list then Thumbs Up
____________________
Current Bike: Yamaha XSR900 Previous bikes: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja, Aprilia RS125 2-stroke
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Boris the spider
Nearly there...



Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:54 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 5 months of Tucano Urbano muffiness and being covered in ACF50 without a wash. Only ever hosed with water..
I removed the muffs and degreased the Bullet with Gunk. Gave it a good wash and a bit of furniture polish
Seems to have survived quite well.
Not too bad for a 7 year old steed.
ACF50 and muffs. Worth the dosh for winter commuting. Cool

https://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w545/kitbrodley/20150309_070542_zpsenfpibxc.jpg

https://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w545/kitbrodley/20150309_070454_zpsicni8zcy.jpg
____________________
Yes I'm a pig....And yes... The working public do pay my wages. Tho I contribute to your benefits you lazy c##t. You do not pay my wages. So go fcuk yourself.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Acemastr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:07 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furniture polish lol, don't get it on the seat or you'll be slip sliding all over Mr. Green
____________________
2017 KTM 350 XC-F - 2014 Yamaha R6 - 2005 Yamaha YZ125
2016 Toyota Tacoma Limited
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:58 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Investing in a good angle grinder tomorrow. My first. I'm excited.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:27 - 10 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have had my monies worth out of this chain and sprockets (just wish the bloody thing wouldn't eat it's way through so many of them, although fun was had getting there...). That mud on the rear wheel was acquired less than three hours after washing the beast, the joys of the Devon countryside!!

https://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r601/mentalboy1/P31006701_zpshdgnp5cs.jpg

https://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r601/mentalboy1/P31006691_zpszrac256l.jpg
____________________
Make mine a Corona.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Going
Nearly there...



Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:26 - 10 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took if for a ride.
I feel happy now.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Boris the spider
Nearly there...



Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:29 - 10 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The air filter is a bugger to get to.
Done an oil and filter change as well.
Plugs are fine.
Now taxed and ready to go Cool
Being a saddo. I cleaned all the frame etc before I put it back together.

https://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w545/kitbrodley/20150310_154252_zpsxyr4s9zt.jpg

https://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w545/kitbrodley/20150310_155738_zpsaye8a8lu.jpg
____________________
Yes I'm a pig....And yes... The working public do pay my wages. Tho I contribute to your benefits you lazy c##t. You do not pay my wages. So go fcuk yourself.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:26 - 10 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mJZ wrote:
Will it fit Fireblade? I've got Oxford panniers but they won't fit bikes with under-seat exhausts.
Took the US20 on a four hour test ride today and all seems fine. Grabbed some pictures to give you an idea how its fitted, if you can work out something similar to this you should be fine Thumbs Up
https://i58.tinypic.com/2v9sm4l.jpg
https://i62.tinypic.com/jip1mp.jpg
https://i57.tinypic.com/2vbmm3p.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Musketeer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:49 - 11 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it won't work in mine, there is nothing to attach those straps to anywhere Crying or Very sad
https://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/motorcyclesJZ/Random/DSC_0110_zpshqxvogyr.jpg

I'm thinking maybe I should buy something purely dedicated for my bike Confused
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTM2WDY1Mw==/z/W0AAAOSw7ThUiiAX/$_57.JPG

Or alternatively buy a bike that serves the purpose Twisted Evil j/k

Today I got additional padlock to improve the security.
https://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/motorcyclesJZ/Random/DSC_0105_zpslbohuktw.jpg
____________________
Current Bike: Yamaha XSR900 Previous bikes: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja, Aprilia RS125 2-stroke
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt B
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:01 - 11 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mJZ wrote:
I think it won't work in mine, there is nothing to attach those straps to anywhere Crying or Very sad
https://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/motorcyclesJZ/Random/DSC_0110_zpshqxvogyr.jpg


Cant you connect the front 2 straps to the (looks like) bar for the pillion seat mechanism. Rear 2 straps can link together and just sit under the pad, like in the photo?

https://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/MattB70/DSC_0110_zpsogksklv6.jpg
____________________
stinkwheel: He had an animated .gif of a cat performing fellatio. It's not socially acceptable. It can have real life adverse effects on other people.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Musketeer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:44 - 11 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have an idea, but it's a hassle. I'll look for some alternatives first.
____________________
Current Bike: Yamaha XSR900 Previous bikes: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja, Aprilia RS125 2-stroke
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:51 - 11 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mJZ wrote:
I think it won't work in mine, there is nothing to attach those straps to anywhere Crying or Very sad
https://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/motorcyclesJZ/Random/DSC_0110_zpshqxvogyr.jpg
Can you not get them around the angled part of the front bar or is it blocked off at the front?

For the back bit i'd be tempted to just drill a couple of holes and put a cable tie through to fasten the straps to if the plastic/metal seems strong enough?

https://i61.tinypic.com/sdo7m0.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Musketeer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:54 - 11 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cleaned the sprockets and chain. Also the titanium sprocket nuts from my smashed up ZX6R are the same size as those for the Fireblade, so I fitted them too. It's like 10bhp extra, almost as good mod as pink powerbands Cool

https://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/motorcyclesJZ/CBR1000RR/sprocket-chain-clean_zpsz0f2zqrl.jpg

And no, the chain is not slack.
____________________
Current Bike: Yamaha XSR900 Previous bikes: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja, Aprilia RS125 2-stroke
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Musketeer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:59 - 11 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Matt- wrote:


For the back bit i'd be tempted to just drill a couple of holes and put a cable tie through to fasten the straps to if the plastic/metal seems strong enough?

https://i61.tinypic.com/sdo7m0.jpg


Everything is possible. But it will require drilling and some new made up brackets. I can picture it in my head and I know it would work nicely, it's just the actual doing part I'm not so keen on.
____________________
Current Bike: Yamaha XSR900 Previous bikes: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja, Aprilia RS125 2-stroke
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

edb
Nova Slayer



Joined: 16 Oct 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:26 - 11 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's nowhere to attach it to, you can loop the straps together and have them held in by the seat.
There's a method on the website I think, I have the instructions in picture form. I'll stick them up when I get to my laptop of you like.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogue_Shadow
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:27 - 11 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mJZ wrote:


My eyes!!! It's too clean ! Cool

edb wrote:
If there's nowhere to attach it to, you can loop the straps together and have them held in by the seat.


I wouldn't trust that setup personally. Having the entire load of the US20 held by the seat lock.
I would look for another luggage system if you can't get at least 2 of the straps secured to the frame.
The straps are pretty long, is there no framework running below the pillion seat floor that you could attach to?
No not the tyre Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt B
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:52 - 11 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue_Shadow wrote:
I wouldn't trust that setup personally


What could go wrong? It's not like luggage flies off on motorways or anything...
____________________
stinkwheel: He had an animated .gif of a cat performing fellatio. It's not socially acceptable. It can have real life adverse effects on other people.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tamsin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:17 - 11 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the bitch runninig again Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:58 - 12 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed oil
Installed new radiator hoses
New coolant of course
Cleaned air filter
New spark plug
Slapped on a few stickers I've had for ages, including "DR-Z SM" fork and swing arm stickers and also white rim tape as I am a chav Thumbs Up

Tested out my new Shoei lid and I love it long time Wub Wub
____________________
KTM 990 SMT & Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tamsin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:01 - 12 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put the slowped up for sale now I don't need it. Only gumtree for now, but will stick it on ebay if no interest by this time tomorrow
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

evoboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:59 - 13 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned some new wheel spacers for the rear. Fitted a ZXR750 H1 rim as its 5.5inch wide instead of the stock ZRX 5inch. ( Means 180/55/17 tyres fit properly!)

https://s24.postimg.org/45uzzqqat/ZRX_Rear.jpg

Also make a new wheel spacer for the RHS of the front wheel and milled down the speedo drive face to move the wheel across 5mm. Its been off centre since I got the bike. This also meant making some more spacers to space the calipers correctly. FItted the correct 320mm discs to the wheel instead of the 310mm ones that where on there.

https://s24.postimg.org/tm3gpx679/ZRX_Front.jpg

New chain and sprockets.

https://s24.postimg.org/r3hrp8kh1/ZRX_Chain.jpg

New tyres and then cleaned off all the dust. The swingarm, torque arm, wheels, pillion peg hangers had all been away for powdercoating too.

Looks a touch more presentable now.

https://s24.postimg.org/hy9evdh2d/ZRX_Side.jpg
____________________
Suzuki GT250 x7------- Fazer 600------CB250RS------Aprilia Rally 70----- Bandit 600

APT Motorcycles
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tamsin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 13 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold the slowped Very Happy

made a reasonable profit in % terms too Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 207 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 113 of 409

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 0.91 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 136.33 Kb