Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Sport gloves

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Nemo
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 30 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:25 - 18 Mar 2015    Post subject: Sport gloves Reply with quote

I'm after a new set of gloves, not ones to kill the bank but not obvious cheap rubbish. Leather is preferable.

This is a two prong question:

A few have a "finger bridge" between the 3rd and 4th finger, what is the reason for this, and if you have gloves like this, does it make them feel weird or uncomfortable in any way?
____________________
Previously owned: Kawasaki KH125, Suzuki GP125, Suzuki GX 125, Honda CB125 TDC '83, Honda ntv 600, Kawasaki ER5, Kawasaki ZZR600, Aprilia RSV 1000 Mille
Now own: Ducati 848 evo
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:35 - 18 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try my RST ones?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:46 - 18 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fingers stitched together thing is to stop your pinky being ripped off in a spill. Shocked

I'm very happy with my Weise Daytona short cuff gloves.
Currently a good 20 quid cheaper than I paid on this link.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/69465

Out of the 8 pairs of gloves I have they are by far my favourite.
Great protection, plenty of feel. But not all that warm, and not waterproof.
Guess it depends what you want them for.
____________________
Currently enjoying products from Ford, Mazda and Yamaha
Ste wrote: Avatars are fine, it's signatures that need turning off. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nemo
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 30 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:50 - 18 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want them for when the warmer weather comes, only got winter ones at the moment.

I'll need to use them when I eventually end up going on a track day, so the extra protection won't be a bad thing. Guess I'll have to try some see how they feel.
____________________
Previously owned: Kawasaki KH125, Suzuki GP125, Suzuki GX 125, Honda CB125 TDC '83, Honda ntv 600, Kawasaki ER5, Kawasaki ZZR600, Aprilia RSV 1000 Mille
Now own: Ducati 848 evo
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:03 - 18 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have the knox scaphoid sliders and kangaroo palm so quite a tough old glove without the bulk.
The external stitching makes them very comfy and they are very well made in general.
Malleable memory foam insert behind the knuckle guard so comfy there too.
Perfect for summer and the short cuff means lovely breezes up the sleeves Thumbs Up
I take a medium (9) in gloves and these did need to stretch a bit so maybe a tad on the small side
but now they fit like.... well.... a glove. But a tailor made glove.
I'd buy again in an instant.
____________________
Currently enjoying products from Ford, Mazda and Yamaha
Ste wrote: Avatars are fine, it's signatures that need turning off. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Supermoto_Fan
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:04 - 18 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpinestars SP - 1 or 2 gloves...

If you don't want to spend that much RST tractech evo are a lovely glove love mine!
____________________
Yamaha MT-09 - Triple powerrrr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

wristjob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:05 - 18 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

try a richa ravine,a sub £50 glove that is comfy and feels well made.
a bit thick for the red hot days and not warm in the winter.
im nearly a year into this pair and they still feel great.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:35 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
The fingers stitched together thing is to stop your pinky being ripped off in a spill. Shocked


Interesting I was wondering what that was for, I got annoyed at them being stuck together so I just used a pair of scissors and separated them.
____________________
CB125>CG125>GN125>ER5>K100RS>R1100RS>K100RS
A2 completed 23/07/15 Ready for the Golden Crisp Packet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SofaBear
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 02 Oct 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:32 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some spada summer gloves, basic of the basic but is kangaroo leather and metal knuckles. even has the material that lets you use your touch screen phone. very comfortable and i find i ride a little better as they are really flexible and feels like your not wearing any sometimes.

These are perforated so not great on cold days, cost me about £40.

Then I have Held gloves which are my winter ones.
gortex, little visor wiper on the finger. £150 work but great gloves.
I have to wear inner gloves though as i went with the non-furry inside ones.
____________________
Yamaha YBR125(gone) -> '12 Kawasaki ER6F in pearly white mmm
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 07 Oct 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:07 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do waterproof summer gloves exist? I don't want to have to wear my winter ones in summer downpours.
____________________
CBF125 (2013) -> CBR600F (2001) -> 'Ninja' 300 (2014)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave70
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:05 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Try my RST ones?


My RST leather gloves disintegrated in around two months. Thumbs Down

I've had a pair of Furygan leather summer gloves that have been used most of the year round for about 18 months. They cost around £120 I think and are lasting very well indeed. Thumbs Up
____________________
There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:19 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a little aside to the OP's question, for those wearing leathers/leather jackets, do you prefer short or long cuff gloves? Do short cuff gloves tend to "argue" with the cuff on a leather jacket? I ask because I've recently invested in a leather jacket after years just wearing textiles and can't really recall what works best. The cuff on the jacket is quite a narrow fit, so I'm guessing a long glove cuff going over the jacket might be best?

RedPanda wrote:
Do waterproof summer gloves exist? I don't want to have to wear my winter ones in summer downpours.


I've got a pair of A* gloves that are Goretex and much lighter than my full winter gloves. They're still a bit warm for the hottest of summer weather, but are fine for much of the year.

Edit, linky:

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?Currency=GBP&Locale=en_GB&ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Alpinestars-Equinox-X-Trafit-Gore-Tex-Glove/SubProducts/Alpinestars-Equinox-X-Trafit-Gore-Tex-Glove-0001&ViewAction=ViewProductViaPortal&&utm_source=Portalexport_MBO&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping_GB&gclid=CMu1tvzCtMQCFRQatAodblgAHg
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!


Last edited by chickenstrip on 14:30 - 19 Mar 2015; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

notbike
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:11 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use RST Trachtech Evo gloves. No good in the rain though, but they do a "waterproof" pair I believe.

I have the waterproof equivalent tractech evo boots and they've never got water in them when I've used them in the rain (lots of times) so I guess the gloves would give a similar result.

The two fingers strapped together bit bothered me the first few days but then I stopped noticing it, and once the gloves wear in you get a little bit of free-play which makes it unnoticeable unless you're playing piano while you're riding.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt B
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:19 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Just as a little aside to the OP's question, for those wearing leathers/leather jackets, do you prefer short or long cuff gloves?


Ones with a longer cuff for me. It is worth going and trying some on whilst wearing your jacket because some will come up really tight when they are over the sleeve and it's a bitch to do the velco up on the glove. I like the glove to be a little loose over the jacket so it slides over it when you move your wrist.
____________________
stinkwheel: He had an animated .gif of a cat performing fellatio. It's not socially acceptable. It can have real life adverse effects on other people.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Minty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:34 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supermoto_Fan wrote:
Alpinestars SP - 1 or 2 gloves...


I always buy 2 on account of having 2 hands.
____________________
My fingers smell of your mum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:23 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have had my Alpinestar SP2s for what, 6 years? Probably longer. They have only just started to split on the seams. I'll be replacing them no palms (oops, meant qualms, de dum tish).

Summer use by the way. Still, amazing quality.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stonesie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:44 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you buy Alpinestars then go up a size, I'm a small/medium in RST, Richa and Held, but can I hell get my hands in a medium Alpinestars, even the large is a bit tight.

I have some of these for warmer rides and was surprised that I didn't get cold hands using them on a tack day on Monday, it wasn't that warm.
https://www.rst-moto.com/rst-delta-2-glove
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:02 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you want alpinestars, the resident Alpinestars Glove handler is in the house!

Please watch this video where I compare the Alpinestars GP Pro Vs Alpinestars 365 GoreTex Vs Alpinestars Tech Road GoreTex

I exclusively run alpinestars because that's what I find comfortable.

The 365 is an excellent waterproof summer glove. The xtrafit membraine is bonded onto the inside of the glove. They are NOT winter gloves by any stretch of the imagination, but will suffice when the temperatures hit about 5°C. They fit like the 2007 Alpinestars GP Pro gloves, i.e. pre-PU cuffs

The alpinestars GP Pro is my glove of choice, so much so that I have 2 sets! Palm is super supple and fitment is better than the GP Plus, which I also have. Longest serving glove is the SP2, which wore a hole in the thumb after about 20k miles. But bearing in mind, I used that glove in all weathers!
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:11 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supermoto_Fan wrote:
Alpinestars SP - 1 or 2 gloves...

If you don't want to spend that much RST tractech evo are a lovely glove love mine!


SP1s don't crash especially well, the seams split with ease.

I didn't read Tot's post before I wrote this the first time; I split the seams of my GP pluses in less than 10k. Not buying A* gloves again.
____________________
Triumph Daytona 675 track bike + girlfriend's Honda Hornet 600
Selling a hack/winter bike for less than a grand? PM me.
Banger rallies are ace
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Oct 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:21 - 20 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

My RST Blades are holding up well. Plenty of feel with them and they have a secure feeling to them, only £50 too Thumbs Up
____________________
I want your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle.
Suzuki GP125 Suzuki GSX600F Suzuki SV650S KTM EXC250F SkyTeam Bongo 125
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/SnowdoniaRider
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 202 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.14 Sec - Server Load: 0.51 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 111.29 Kb