Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Write-off / new bike advice

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

SteveSmith
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 08 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:07 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Write-off / new bike advice Reply with quote

So after my unfortunate incident last Friday, the insurance assessor has been out and reckons my bike is a write-off. Which means I can have a new one! Very Happy

I've got a budget of around £4k to play with. I've fancied a Triumph Sprint for a while, and I can get a nice one for that money. I don't know what else is out there though so if there are alternatives I should be looking at I'd be grateful for suggestions. It's mainly suburban / ring road commuting, but it also needs to be fun for the odd Sunday blast and comfortable for the odd motorway slog.

Also, I need to decide whether it's worth keeping hold of my old bike for salvage. It's a 2001Y Bandit 600, around 40k miles and I reckon worth £1000-1200 in good nick. To make it barely road legal again it will need rear lights, new bars and one mirror. To make it pristine it will also need some bodywork, crank case cover, one foot peg, levers and bar ends. The assessor reckoned I'd be offered about £150 for it. I could do the work myself but cba so I'd be looking to flog it on. Anyone want to buy a knackered Bandit, or know somewhere around Bristol that might be interested?

TL;DR, alternatives for a Triumph Sprint, and what to do with a written off Bandit?

Thanks,

Steve.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:13 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get insurance quotes for the new bike you want.

If you have the space, time and you can actually be bothered, buy the buggered bike and sell the parts.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:28 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dibs on the bandit.
____________________
Quietly and consistently taking the piss.
TL1000R | Hayabusa | ZXR400 | TL1000S | Bandit 400 V
Fatter and faster than Fret
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:27 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulFzs wrote:
2nd dibs on bandit.
£200 ill take it right now.

Paul's always ready to take it
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SteveSmith
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 08 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:38 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not for sale just yet, but good to know there'll be a market. I'll let you know when / if I'm selling.

Steve.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 201 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.55 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 48.85 Kb