 kawashima World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:06 - 20 Mar 2015 Post subject: which is safer? |
 |
|
https://goo.gl/maps/jvsJB
Last week I was turning right at this crossing.
There are 2 lanes turning right.
I was on the out side lane when I noticed a trailer turning left from the other side and I made a near miss.
Which do you think safer inside or outside lane?
edit
------
https://goo.gl/maps/ZwIaW
and this is another crossing which has 2 lanes turning right(lanes painted red). This one has much much more oncoming trafic from the other side. I often wonder the same question.
Any input from you is welcome. ____________________ own:2020 Serow 250
owned: 2012 YB125SP, 2008 TDM900, 2005 W650, 2002 LS125R, 2002 CB400SF, NS50F, C50 / Trip to UK(2009), Hokkaido touring(2013)
Last edited by kawashima on 14:35 - 20 Mar 2015; edited 1 time in total |
|
 SteveSmith Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 Karma :     
|
|
 kawashima World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:50 - 20 Mar 2015 Post subject: Re: which is safer? |
 |
|
| SteveSmith wrote: | I don't think either lane is always safer than the other. It depends on what other traffic is around and what is happening at the time. you just need to keep your eyes open and make the decision that you think will keep you out of trouble.
In this case you saw the trailer, and didn't hit it - job done.
Steve. |
Thanks for your comment. At this crossing, most cars going straight will go over the bridge, and I wasn't careful enough about the traffic turning left from the other side. ____________________ own:2020 Serow 250
owned: 2012 YB125SP, 2008 TDM900, 2005 W650, 2002 LS125R, 2002 CB400SF, NS50F, C50 / Trip to UK(2009), Hokkaido touring(2013) |
|