Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Newbie - jacket sizing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

GEEtotheMAX
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 28 Apr 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:23 - 28 Apr 2015    Post subject: Newbie - jacket sizing? Reply with quote

Hey all - been milling around in the background reading for a while but finally have a question for you!

I've just passed my CBT (woo) and landed myself a nice little Marauder 125 to rack up some miles on, but I'm in need of a jacket!

I've measured my chest around the widest part, it's 38.25in.

The jacket I'm set on is this one:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/109990

Which bloody number am I supposed to be looking at? With a chest measurement of 38.25 inches, which one do I order? (Apparently this jacket fits big so no need to order a size up if that matters).

Apologies because I'm sure this is a stupid question, but still, I'd rather get it right first time!

Thanks for all the info I've found in other threads - these forums are great when you've got questions!

Gee
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:29 - 28 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tasteful jacket. Wasn't at all what I was expecting from the user name. Just get the 40 or Size S. Sportsbikeshop
do free returns so no risk. I sent back a T shirt to them today because it was too small.
____________________
Currently enjoying products from Ford, Mazda and Yamaha
Ste wrote: Avatars are fine, it's signatures that need turning off. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GEEtotheMAX
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 28 Apr 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:36 - 28 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I know - believe it or not this is the xbox live username I've had since I was about 14 - I'm now 21 but it's become a habit!

I thought I could either spend ~£100 on a textile RST jacket or spend the extra and get one I really liked and would wear on and off the bike - no brainer really. Sadly I fear even this jacket won't make L plates look cool, so best get on and work towards my test!

Many thanks for your help and the speedy reply!

Gee
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:54 - 28 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEEtotheMAX wrote:
Haha I know - believe it or not this is the xbox live username I've had since I was about 14 - I'm now 21 but it's become a habit!

I thought I could either spend ~£100 on a textile RST jacket or spend the extra and get one I really liked and would wear on and off the bike - no brainer really. Sadly I fear even this jacket won't make L plates look cool, so best get on and work towards my test!

Many thanks for your help and the speedy reply!

Gee


FYI you can get practically new, good brand, leather jackets from flebay, here is one your size for £50:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BKS-Retro-Cruiser-jacket-in-Brown-leather-Many-pockets-very-good-condition-/171768576689?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27fe347ab1

There are plenty of people bought some clothing than decided biking is not for them.

I do buy from the shops only boots, helmets and gloves, but not clothing.
____________________
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not...
Yamaha Fazer FZS 600, MT09, XSR 900


Last edited by Val on 23:03 - 28 Apr 2015; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

josh95
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 23 Apr 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:26 - 28 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcn do a jacket with free armored trousers for £100ish
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:30 - 30 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I echo the sentiment to use Ebay to hunt down some bargains though.
I picked up a brand new Richa leather jacket with full armour,
and a brand new Frank Thomas Mesh jacket this week.

Total spend £48.50,
____________________
Currently enjoying products from Ford, Mazda and Yamaha
Ste wrote: Avatars are fine, it's signatures that need turning off. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GEEtotheMAX
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 28 Apr 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:20 - 01 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks chaps - the jacket was out of stock for 2/3 weeks ish and I'd rather sort it sooner than that so I've switched to the £100 jacket/trouser combo as suggested above - cheers for pointing it out!

Will keep my eyes peeled on the bay for when something more my style comes up Wink.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wednesday Biker
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 11 Sep 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:10 - 03 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 14 stone atm and have a 42 inch chest and usually wear medium jackets although they maybe fit a tad snugger than they did round the middle when I was 12 stone(been a bad year)
Got a large one too but that's so I can wear another jacket underneath in the cold weather.That seemed a bit snug this winter lol.
If that helps you any Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer



Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:11 - 03 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Textile is on as aerodynamic as leather. Thumbs Up
____________________
'87 Honda XBR 500, '96 Kawasaki ZX7R P1, '90 Honda CB-1, '88 Kawasaki GPz550, MZ 150 ETZ
'95 Mercedes-Benz w202 C200 CGI, '98 Mercedes-Benz w210 E200 Kompressor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 163 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.5 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 60.03 Kb