|
|
| Author |
Message |
| ReadySalted |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ReadySalted Scooby Slapper
Joined: 23 Aug 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Beehive Bedlam |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Beehive Bedlam World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Oct 2013 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:48 - 03 May 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
I would harbour misgivings about blowing my whole budget on a 10 year old 1200GS. They do go wrong, the repairs don't come cheap, and my brief experience of the local Motorrad (plus repeated first hand anecdotes) is that you can pay premium prices for the same monkey shines as you'd get in the dodgiest Vince Candelin stylee outfit.
But have you considered - bear with me here - going new, or nearly new, on finance?
The low depreciation means that you can ride away on a PCP plan for less than a V-Strom 1000. You won't own it, but given the reliability issues, that might actually end up being a good thing. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pete. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pete. Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pete. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pete. Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:58 - 03 May 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
double post ____________________ a.k.a 'Geri'
132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ReadySalted |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ReadySalted Scooby Slapper
Joined: 23 Aug 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| UncleFester |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 UncleFester World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Jun 2013 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| RhynoCZ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RhynoCZ Super Spammer

Joined: 09 Mar 2012 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:23 - 03 May 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think the newcomers take it the wrong way around when it comes to buying a motorcycle.
You should only ask yourself 2 questions:
A, Do I like it, the looks?
B, Do I have enough money?
That ''first'' bike will tell you, what is your next one gonna be. That's how I roll since the GPz, that I bought just for the reasons in the question A and B above. Then I found out I hate the anti-dive, but I do like 4 cylinder engines, so the next bike was a 4 cylinder, but with no anti dive and it goes on and on. Then when you get your dream motorcycle, that's got only the features you like, you'll look back at the bikes you've had, and might gonna buy one of those again as a second bike, if the price is right.  ____________________ '87 Honda XBR 500, '96 Kawasaki ZX7R P1, '90 Honda CB-1, '88 Kawasaki GPz550, MZ 150 ETZ
'95 Mercedes-Benz w202 C200 CGI, '98 Mercedes-Benz w210 E200 Kompressor |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Zx7rSWFC |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Zx7rSWFC L Plate Warrior
Joined: 24 Apr 2015 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 18:40 - 04 May 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
| RhynoCZ wrote: | I think the newcomers take it the wrong way around when it comes to buying a motorcycle.
You should only ask yourself 2 questions:
A, Do I like it, the looks?
B, Do I have enough money?
That ''first'' bike will tell you, what is your next one gonna be. That's how I roll since the GPz, that I bought just for the reasons in the question A and B above. Then I found out I hate the anti-dive, but I do like 4 cylinder engines, so the next bike was a 4 cylinder, but with no anti dive and it goes on and on. Then when you get your dream motorcycle, that's got only the features you like, you'll look back at the bikes you've had, and might gonna buy one of those again as a second bike, if the price is right.  |
Good advice! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Polarbear |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Polarbear Super Spammer

Joined: 24 Feb 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 11 years, 160 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|