Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


good brand of tyre pressure gauge?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:03 - 11 May 2015    Post subject: good brand of tyre pressure gauge? Reply with quote

What's a good brand of tyre pressure gauge. I've been through two Halfords digital gauges in the last six months. I would prefer to spend good money now on something accurate that will last.

Cheers
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

robertw95
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 22 Nov 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:37 - 11 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a venhill vt32 was recommended somewhere seems spot on to me about 20 quid if memory serves me right
____________________
07 Dt125r, sv650s k8, zx6rr 04
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 May 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:19 - 11 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was about £15 when I bought it.
When checked for accuracy by other gauges, it only differed when compared to a faulty piece of shit I bought.
This is not actually from their "Expert" range, but you could never tell from the construction.
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71nyj3exOPL._SL1500_.jpg

____________________
The above post is most likely nonsensical.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:34 - 11 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers I've ordered a Draper one. Was on sale on amazon
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kerr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:43 - 11 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commuter_Tim wrote:
Was about £15 when I bought it.
When checked for accuracy by other gauges, it only differed when compared to a faulty piece of shit I bought.
This is not actually from their "Expert" range, but you could never tell from the construction.
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71nyj3exOPL._SL1500_.jpg


That's the one iv got, it scored well in some review that i cant at this moment find Thumbs Up
____________________
aprilia 125 Af1 Futura >> Suzuki gsxr 600 srad >> J1 zx6r >> cbr 600rr >> Speed Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 May 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:05 - 11 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent wrote:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/RACE-RX0014-Tyre-Pressure-Gauge/dp/B000VZ8S26


Haha, co-incidence... that's the "faulty piece of shit" I bought.
On arrival mine was out by around 10 psi, and the seal had failed so it released air the moment I took it off the tyre valve.

That's not to say that they're all crap of course, but buyer beware! Smile
____________________
The above post is most likely nonsensical.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:53 - 11 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of years ago I read some comparison test of 30 gauges.

Interestingly the Halfords own brand digital gauge came about 4th in the test for accuracy, but cost only £10. The gauges above it were all £30-£90.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt B
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:59 - 12 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Rat wrote:
Cheers I've ordered a Draper one. Was on sale on amazon


Good choice Thumbs Up

I've got the same one. Nice and easy to use too, the flexi hose means you can get in at the valve with no problems.
____________________
stinkwheel: He had an animated .gif of a cat performing fellatio. It's not socially acceptable. It can have real life adverse effects on other people.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 154 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.38 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 63.87 Kb