Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Yamaha Dragstar Wont start

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Tuxik
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 12 May 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:11 - 12 May 2015    Post subject: Yamaha Dragstar Wont start Reply with quote

Hey

I got a Yamaha Dragstar 650cc that will not start. When i press the start button nothing happens. The lights turn on, but nothing else. I cant hear the pump working or the relee kicking in when i press the start button.
I have checked the batteri, and thats fine. I have also replaced the Start-relee and the main relee with no luck.
I have tested the starter by by-passing it to the batteri, and it works aswell.

Need help! Can it be the CDI box?

Thanks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:35 - 12 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check that you've got 12v+ at the terminal of the starter relay that receives the cable from the battery. Actually check it with a meter.

Press the starter and check that you've got 12v+ at the 2nd starter relay terminal.

Check that you've got continuity between the 2nd starter relay terminal and the starter motor.

At most two out of three of these can be true.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike


Last edited by Rogerborg on 13:37 - 12 May 2015; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:36 - 12 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill switch?

Tried pulling the clutch in when starting?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tuxik
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 12 May 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:02 - 12 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
Kill switch?

Tried pulling the clutch in when starting?


I have tried everything. I have checked the Kickstand switch, Clutch Switch, and kill switch. The strange thing, is that the fuel pump dosnt kick in either
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:39 - 12 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuxik wrote:
I have tried everything.

Searching, I don't see the word "fuse" on this page.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:52 - 12 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Tuxik wrote:
I have tried everything.

Searching, I don't see the word "fuse" on this page.


I do now. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 148 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.38 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 47.44 Kb