Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


ZXRP1 - tyre pressure

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer



Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:51 - 18 May 2015    Post subject: ZXRP1 - tyre pressure Reply with quote

So, I was checking the manual, because I thought my chain was too slack, although it looked alright to me, and the swingarm is rather thick and long, so getting it right was a bit of a hassle. The chain slack has to be between 30mm and 35mm, but then I scrolled down and saw the tyre pressure page. Shocked
I've always put 2.0Bar (200kPa) front and 2.2Bar (220kPa) back. The GPz and CB-1 had 2.0/2.2Bar in the manual and I somehow assumed the tyre pressure was generic to all alloy wheels, but I was wrong.

The ZXRP1 manual says: 250/290kPa, which is a lot!!! Shocked

Do I get it right, that 250/290kPa is the standard tyre pressure or am I reading this wrong? Thinking

https://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae184/RhynoCZ/ZX7R/tyre%20pressure_zps542r4bht.jpg
____________________
'87 Honda XBR 500, '96 Kawasaki ZX7R P1, '90 Honda CB-1, '88 Kawasaki GPz550, MZ 150 ETZ
'95 Mercedes-Benz w202 C200 CGI, '98 Mercedes-Benz w210 E200 Kompressor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:13 - 18 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run 36/42psi in my f/r tyres on my Street Triple and for the most part, all my other bigger bikes. Feels spot on.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...



Joined: 27 Mar 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:59 - 18 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah 36/42 is the standard for my zx6 (03 a1p) but I like it better with few psi less at the rear.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:39 - 18 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

36/42 is what they say for my TDM too.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer



Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:47 - 18 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, so I'm gonna blow a bit more air into my tyres. It might even get me better mpg. Smile

Although, as it is right now, the handling is spot on. Thinking
____________________
'87 Honda XBR 500, '96 Kawasaki ZX7R P1, '90 Honda CB-1, '88 Kawasaki GPz550, MZ 150 ETZ
'95 Mercedes-Benz w202 C200 CGI, '98 Mercedes-Benz w210 E200 Kompressor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer



Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:20 - 04 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, today I had some spare time, so I tried to put 250/290 kPa into my tyres, well feck that's hard. Every single crack on the road goes straight into the bars and my arse. I think I need to check the rear shock absorber, my lower back is fecked. Thumbs Down
____________________
'87 Honda XBR 500, '96 Kawasaki ZX7R P1, '90 Honda CB-1, '88 Kawasaki GPz550, MZ 150 ETZ
'95 Mercedes-Benz w202 C200 CGI, '98 Mercedes-Benz w210 E200 Kompressor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...



Joined: 27 Mar 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:12 - 05 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's pretty much how I find mine feels with the recommended pressures. I ride some pretty rough roads to work and find 42 is too hard.

36/36 suits me better, lots less vibration transmitted from the road and also feels more planted through corners, especially not very smooth ones. Going lower on the front than recommended made it feel reluctant to turn in and too soft though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer



Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:35 - 05 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, harder tyres will increase the mpg, but I had no time to test that.
____________________
'87 Honda XBR 500, '96 Kawasaki ZX7R P1, '90 Honda CB-1, '88 Kawasaki GPz550, MZ 150 ETZ
'95 Mercedes-Benz w202 C200 CGI, '98 Mercedes-Benz w210 E200 Kompressor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...



Joined: 27 Mar 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:50 - 06 Jun 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine so, harder tyres (therefore smaller contact patch) will have lower rolling resistance, so less fuel used. I don't know how significant it would be, depends on the mileage I suppose.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 118 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.74 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 59.9 Kb