Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Help with my fzs600 lights

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Robbeh
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 01 Oct 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:50 - 24 May 2015    Post subject: Help with my fzs600 lights Reply with quote

This morning went to ride bike and only my side lights and indicators are working.

No Tail light, brake light, main beam or full beam are working.

I'm pretty sure it can't be the bulbs so I must've knocked something somewhere when trickle charging the battery. But I don't really know where to begin looking so any help would be appreciated massively!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Robbeh
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 01 Oct 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:56 - 24 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please lend my some guidance somebody. Really want to use bike today or tommorrrow and obviously no garage open so any advice is appreciated!

X
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Casper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:35 - 24 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how is that fusebox looking?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Robbeh
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 01 Oct 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:46 - 24 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I will check fuse box where would it be. I'll check under seat as soon as I'm home.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Casper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:46 - 24 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbeh wrote:
Ok I will check fuse box where would it be. I'll check under seat as soon as I'm home.


Dono.

If not under your seat look under the side panels and get a manual.

98 model what i think is the early one with the shit headlamps

https://www.manualedereparatie.info/en/download/yamaha-fzs-600-fazer-1998-Service-manual.html
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Robbeh
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 01 Oct 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:37 - 24 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulFzs wrote:
you didn't check the fusebox first...

Such mechanical knowledge
much be bothered
so many smarts


Yes I pretty much have no mechanical knowledge. It's why I'm asking for help. But when I get home I will check fuse box even then I won't be sure on what I'm doing!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Robbeh
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 01 Oct 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:26 - 24 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gave me no advise. You basically Said I have no mechanical no knowledge which is correct which is why i'm coming here to ask.

Anyway I've found the fuse box for lights which is on the side. But according to the manual there is no rear light fuse well I can't see it anyway. Any help?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Robbeh
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 01 Oct 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:37 - 24 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks the main beam fuse was blown so have now replaced it.

Gotta try and find tail one lol.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar



Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:49 - 24 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Robbeh

PaulFzs wrote:
you didn't check the fusebox first...

Such mechanical knowledge
much be bothered
so many smarts


This is not a flame.

'You're mother sucked my dick empty whilst I swapped your working fuse for a blown one. Blown just like me.' is a flame.
____________________
trevor saxe-coburg-gotha:"Remember this simple rule - scooters are for men who like to feel the breeze on their huge, flapping cunt lips."
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Casper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:50 - 24 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbeh wrote:
Thanks the main beam fuse was blown so have now replaced it.

Gotta try and find tail one lol.


Might not have one mate. You dont have a fuse for every electrical item. It will be one fuse covers a few items. Your blown fuse may cover the tail light and its possible the bulb blew and took the fuse out with it so check the bulb.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Robbeh
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 01 Oct 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:56 - 24 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks. I've checked tail light bulb I think it need replacing but its hard to tell because I can't even see through it because it's all white. So fingers crossed it's that. What bulb do I need for the rear light?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Casper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 24 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as what came out mate. Take it to local Halfords/car/bike shop and ask for a replacement. I dont know your bike as some are two filament brake and tail then some bikes will have separate tail bulb to brake.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Robbeh
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 01 Oct 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:20 - 24 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for help Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 130 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.17 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 96.6 Kb