Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Not a 125 but not a 500

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

JamieF
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 25 May 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:17 - 25 May 2015    Post subject: Not a 125 but not a 500 Reply with quote

Im looking into buying my next motorbike , my first bike was a 125cc and after owning it from brand new after 3 for so months it seemed too slow , i tuned it and being a 125 it blew up about 1000 miles after tuning , what is the best (quickest , light , naked style) bike that someone would recommend me , my favourite style of bike is the and your have to google this to see as only one photo comes up its only in red its the ' Very Happy Honda CB1100 Deluxe Very Happy ' i loveee this bike looks like a real classic what i would call a beast of a bike , but im looking for a bike very similar to the CB1100 , but in a range between 200-500cc perhaps ..


Any suggestions would be appreciated not taking price range into consideration as of yet , would need to save anyway to buy a bike so throw some suggestions my way Question

Thanks Much Appreciated
____________________
_* Jamie * _
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:24 - 25 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

125, i know, but. the ybr 125 custom looks nice for a lower cc bike.
____________________
Riding: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer Occasionally Riding: 08 Suzuki SV650, Potato: 2011 Yamaha YBR Custom.
Used to ride: 2015 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer (smidsy) 09 Triumph Street Triple (P/X'd) 08 Yamaha YBR (Sold)
CBT 04/14. A: Mod 1 & 2 13/04/15
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:28 - 25 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current age / license?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:31 - 25 May 2015    Post subject: Re: Not a 125 but not a 500 Reply with quote

JamieF wrote:
Im looking into buying my next motorbike , my first bike was a 125cc and after owning it from brand new, i tuned it and being a 125 it blew up about 1000 miles after tuning , what is the best (quickest , light , naked style) bike that someone would recommend me


Lol

I don't think you understand the term 'tuning'!
It blew up not because it was 'tuned' but because you ragged the shit out of it!!!
Do you have a licence yet?
____________________
Make mine a Corona.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:02 - 26 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honda CB400SF, if you can find one.

Do you like taxis or yoga?
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Doovy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:51 - 26 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a fantastic Honda CD250.

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/doovydoo/IMG_3619.jpg
____________________
Yamaha RXS 100 > Honda CD 250 > Honda Hornet 600 > Honda CBR 600RR > Yamaha RXS 100 > Kawasaki ZX6R J2 > Yamaha FZ1
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ajag
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 08 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:25 - 26 May 2015    Post subject: Re: Not a 125 but not a 500 Reply with quote

JamieF wrote:
i tuned it and being a 125 it blew up about 1000 miles after tuning


What exactly did you tune on it? What did you do to it?
____________________
Street Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RichardCraniu...
Nova Slayer



Joined: 08 Jan 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:33 - 26 May 2015    Post subject: Re: Not a 125 but not a 500 Reply with quote

ajag wrote:
JamieF wrote:
i tuned it and being a 125 it blew up about 1000 miles after tuning


What exactly did you tune on it? What did you do to it?


Put V-Power petrol in it and knocked a hole in the exhaust with a hammer
____________________
ZX6R 636
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Northern Monkey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Nov 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:59 - 26 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

V power petrol isn't tuning your bike up. It wont make any difference at all on 4 stroke 125
____________________
Fisty: after polishing the tank with the glistenng beads of sweat from my full hot scrotum, I filled the headrace bearings with 10cc of my manmilk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:31 - 26 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northern Monkey wrote:
V power petrol isn't tuning your bike up. It wont make any difference at all on 4 stroke 125

Alans Snackbar would have got the joke. Folded arms
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Northern Monkey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Nov 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:57 - 26 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Northern Monkey wrote:
V power petrol isn't tuning your bike up. It wont make any difference at all on 4 stroke 125

Alans Snackbar would have got the joke. Folded arms


It's Monday morning but not on a Monday your honour
____________________
Fisty: after polishing the tank with the glistenng beads of sweat from my full hot scrotum, I filled the headrace bearings with 10cc of my manmilk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:39 - 26 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always amazes me all these new what bike should I get threads. Are they all from newbies to a pair of wheels?

or do seasoned bitches also suffer from the what bike can I get to do XYZ tasks and who makes them and can you all go and research a suitable shortlist for me while I sit back, put kettle on and wait for mass of info to come to me?

I might have once asked for bike choosing advice, but usually I just want to know what a specific bike I like that I havn't owned or had experience of is like. Either that, or say what are it's natural competitors that I just might not have thought of?

But generally all my bike idea's are for specific bikes, that I like/want but just can't get hold of, never see for sale, or are really hard to find. They are usually 15-30years old too!

I don't think I could name 10 new/current Honda's that are on sale in the uk etc.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wednesday Biker
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 11 Sep 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:30 - 29 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've asked opinions on older bikes but the newer ones are much of a muchness to me.
They have shiny fairings, go fast and are mostly reliable.
So really it just comes down to personal taste.
The older bikes can be a bit more quirky and some quite unreliable.
@op maybe the cb500 or 600f or a hornet? The older ones look better imo but not as classic looking as the CB1100.
CB 400f might be a bit more like what you're after.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:11 - 29 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having this problem a bit, my 'era' of bikes was around the 1988-1992 period. But much has been and gone since
and it's so hard trying to catch up. I still have a thing for the RC30 VFR750R though. I loved that thing
back in my younger days, it was the ultimate pin up bike to me at the time, how I longed to even have a go on one
but opportunity didn't present itself and wasn't expecting a 25 year wait to get a full licence.
I saw a lovely (I thought so anyway) Ducati while I was on hols last week but have no idea what it was.
It left while I was sat having a coffee nearby and it sounded great!
Here's a couple of pics, I loved the
look and sound of this bike and need to know if it's something I could conceivably afford to spend on a toy.
I had always assumed Ducati equals megabucks, although handily theres a main dealer just a few miles away
from me.
https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG1580_zpsyoseaibl.jpg

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG1581_zps5goxx8g0.jpg
____________________
Currently enjoying products from Ford, Mazda and Yamaha
Ste wrote: Avatars are fine, it's signatures that need turning off. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Doovy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:30 - 29 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I saw a lovely (I thought so anyway) Ducati while I was on hols last week but have no idea what it was.
It left while I was sat having a coffee nearby and it sounded great!

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG1580_zpsyoseaibl.jpg

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG1581_zps5goxx8g0.jpg


Ducati Streetfighter 848, I believe.
____________________
Yamaha RXS 100 > Honda CD 250 > Honda Hornet 600 > Honda CBR 600RR > Yamaha RXS 100 > Kawasaki ZX6R J2 > Yamaha FZ1
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 127 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.02 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 90.63 Kb