Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Facom Allen key sets going cheap on Amazon

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:29 - 03 Aug 2015    Post subject: Facom Allen key sets going cheap on Amazon Reply with quote

Noticed this as I took a look through Amazon this morning, the best Allen keys you can buy at a price lower than I have ever seen before. £10.16

Facom Allen keys.

These are 69% off retail and 40% or so cheaper than anywhere else.

only 14 sets left chaps.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:42 - 03 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good allen keys. I had the big fuck-off metric and imperial sets years ago. I failed at trying to break/brake them. Awsum. Always good value for money. I don't like their design of spanners or socket sets though. Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:44 - 03 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
I don't like their design of spanners or socket sets though. Sad


As I have mainly facom may I be so bold as to ask why?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mattaria
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:00 - 03 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a set, cheers dude!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:04 - 03 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have a set from last time they were on sale. None broken, twisted or rounded yet. Good tools.
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:12 - 03 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
MCN wrote:
I don't like their design of spanners or socket sets though. Sad


As I have mainly facom may I be so bold as to ask why?


Well.... Fortune and favour et al.

I used Britool years ago.
Decided to use Snapon Blue Point as they were light years ahead on design and stood up to the brutalities of life in a plant fitter's box.

I used Cat tools too (as we got a hefty discount from the company and I liked the 'thicker section' they were made of.)

Facom wrenches weren't as long as Snapon so required more effort to swing.
The ratchets failed miserably in use and were more or less un-repairable as we couldn't source repair kits.
I found the tools not worthy of my £££. I worked in a shop where there were possibly 20 mechanics who had used some Facom but eventually we all used Snapon or Cat.
We called them 'Facom Useless'.
They were not so cheap but the company had Facom dealer offers which brought the price down a bit. Though the tool range was limited and performance not as good as what we got from Snapon and I didn't like how they felt in my hands.
Just my 2p worth.
Tools are not things I buy to replace I still have my Snapon ratchet and powerbar from years ago. No Facom tools now though.

Another shower of shite are/were/is MAC tools. Cheap Photocopies of Snapon.

I work for a US company who have massive purchasing power so we seem to be forced to use Proto from central purchasing. Not too bad but not a tool I would spend money on.
Right now I like Halfrauds Pro tools. But they have a prohibitively limited range though prices are reasonable and lifetime guarantee.

I was going to suggest Bacho Tools (The Swedish Fish Hook, Knife, Shifter people). They make Very good socket sets which can take all sorts of abuse but possibly £££ to buy.
This is my Baby..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bahco-2058S26-Ratchet-Socket-26-Piece/dp/B000Y8TIMY/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1438600545&sr=1-1&keywords=Bahco+2058S26+Ratchet+Socket+Bit+Set+26-Piece+by+Bahco
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Joncrete Cungle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:21 - 03 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now selling at £18:25. Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:28 - 03 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joncrete Cungle wrote:
Now selling at £18:25. Sad


Baaastirts! Mad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mattaria
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:17 - 03 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep a Wee Bahco Socket set in the car, I have to agree, it's a really solid wee bit of kit.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 64 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.43 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 61.95 Kb