Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


New monitor

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

flat spot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:41 - 02 Dec 2015    Post subject: New monitor Reply with quote

After lots of reading I've decided on a Dell S2716DG.

On another forum I've been told I can buy this for £430 but I'll be dammed if I can find one anywhere near that. You can't talk about different suppliers on that forum so I can't ask where that is. I've googled like mad but to no avail as I only know the main suppliers like Scan, Ebuyer etc.
Anyone know of a reputable supplier that I can get this monitor for anywhere around that price?

Cheers FS.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:45 - 02 Dec 2015    Post subject: Re: New monitor Reply with quote

https://www.uk.insight.com/en-gb/productinfo/monitors-and-displays/0005221229-00000001?utm_source=Google+Shopping&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Feed&src=000093&&cm_mmc=Google+Shopping-_-Feed-_-Feed-_-Feed&gclid=Cj0KEQiAyvqyBRChq_iG38PgvLgBEiQAJbasd7TVKUB5PCfmkM5Z8v3-dWgeDuCuPI6LQVmuLWmzYhAaApXS8P8HAQ

£440 + £10 p&p

(no idea if insight.com are reputable)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:42 - 02 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:51 - 02 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, you weren't using Google properly. Razz

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Dell+S2716DG&tbm=shop
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi



Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:00 - 02 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you looking for this monitor to do?

Are you a hardcore FPS gamer who needs 1ms response times? It's a TN panel and they are the best for gaming because of the speedy response times but the ASUS Rog is a better monitor £521 mark on Scan.

https://www.asus.com/uk/Monitors/ROG_SWIFT_PG278Q/

4ms response time but an IPS panel and not TN.

To be honest, I find the response times to be completely meaningless at 5ms and below, it's completely un-noticable to me. I have various monitors from 144hz, 120hz, 60hz with 1ms to 5ms and it's not something you notice.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

flat spot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:27 - 02 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough my google skills were weak for some reason. Not sure how as I was looking for hours. Laughing

I believe the PG278Q is also a TN panel? If you read about them on other forums Asus have a terrible reputation for quality control. I really can't be arsed with a lottery and the Dell gets great reviews on computer forums.

BTW out of interest are there any sights explaining how to build a computer? I appear to have many new boxes full of stuff that needs putting together. Shocked Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

flat spot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:33 - 02 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just called them but they don't have stock. Could be 7-10 days from their supplier who then have to get it from Dell but had no idea on time frame.

How many middlemen are there nowadays just adding their 10% for doing what is essentially nothing? Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:52 - 02 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How many middlemen are there nowadays just adding their 10% for doing what is essentially nothing?

They spend their money keeping stock. Like Scan, £100 more than insight but they've got them in stock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

flat spot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:19 - 02 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope it's any good, just ordered one. If I have issues in today's blameless society I'm pointing the finger at BCF.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:32 - 02 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

flat spot wrote:
BTW out of interest are there any sights explaining how to build a computer? I appear to have many new boxes full of stuff that needs putting together. Shocked Confused

YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b85h_ujZ_vg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

flat spot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:46 - 02 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
flat spot wrote:
BTW out of interest are there any sights explaining how to build a computer? I appear to have many new boxes full of stuff that needs putting together. Shocked Confused

YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b85h_ujZ_vg


Sh1t, need more eggs, thanks for the heads up. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi



Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:11 - 02 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

flat spot wrote:

I believe the PG278Q is also a TN panel? If you read about them on other forums Asus have a terrible reputation for quality control. I really can't be arsed with a lottery and the Dell gets great reviews on computer forums.


My bad, got that mixed up, it's a 1ms TN panel as well.

All my monitors are ASUS, never had an issue with them and feel quality to me.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Going
Nearly there...



Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:23 - 03 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
flat spot wrote:
BTW out of interest are there any sights explaining how to build a computer? I appear to have many new boxes full of stuff that needs putting together. Shocked Confused

YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b85h_ujZ_vg


What a load of crap. It went together far too easily with no problems. Or maybe he done a pre-build plan with measurements, extra bits and tools that might be needed Thinking
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

flat spot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:18 - 10 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

flat spot wrote:
Hope it's any good, just ordered one. If I have issues in today's blameless society I'm pointing the finger at BCF.


Oh good, now they're saying 30/12 delivery, maybe to good to be true after all. Evil or Very Mad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.84 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 83.3 Kb