Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Source for *ahem* acquiring audiobooks?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:42 - 07 Dec 2015    Post subject: Source for *ahem* acquiring audiobooks? Reply with quote

As the title says really. I'm looking for ways to "acquire" audiobooks to listen to while riding.

I have attempted all of these sources:
Searching in BitLord.

And nothing much comes up, is this because that particular source is rubbish or because there isn't much of a black market for this type of goods?

I've managed to find The Martian but I want to look to some others.

Ta
____________________
I'm Sam; Northern, Ginger, Lover
Did have: '95 ZZR600 '83 CG125 '97 ZZR1100 '15 Hypermotard 821 SP Do Have: '10 ZX10R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:46 - 07 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audiobookbay is good, but the search function is fucking awful.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:57 - 07 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://kickass.unblocked.pe/audio-books/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WD Forte
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:53 - 07 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got shit loads
Seriously, shit loads, been collecting them for years

Seek and ye will find

cybotage lists a lot of sci-fi stuff
https://kickass.unblocked.pe/user/Cybotage/uploads/
____________________
bikers smell of wee


Last edited by WD Forte on 13:57 - 07 Dec 2015; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:56 - 07 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. I don't keep up to date with fighting VirginMedia's attempts to stop me torrenting so I don't know any sites and thus, rely on BitLord's search function to find my wares.

I'll have a look on Ste's link when I'm home. Thanks.

Wait, did I just say I'd click on one of Ste's links?

I shall open it, with care.
____________________
I'm Sam; Northern, Ginger, Lover
Did have: '95 ZZR600 '83 CG125 '97 ZZR1100 '15 Hypermotard 821 SP Do Have: '10 ZX10R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BumpingUglys
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 12 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:50 - 08 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use www.myanonamouse.net when I can't find my books elsewhere. I find it pretty good for both audiobook and ebook, and I get through a lot of 'em.

It's a little sickly sweet; they tout themselves as family friendly so don't go in there all BCF... But the only private tracker I'm aware of that deals with this stuff.

Dunno if signup is open but I can sort you out an invite if needed.
____________________
Ducati M695
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:11 - 08 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

alt.binaries.sounds.audiobooks
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Stowelly
Traffic Copper



Joined: 25 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:01 - 08 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for myanonamouse. Decent amount of content on there
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

i1301243
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 24 Nov 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:03 - 08 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could I get an invite for myanonamouse.net please? Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Stowelly
Traffic Copper



Joined: 25 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:20 - 09 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. Pm me your email. Read the rules also about ratio/ seed time etc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WD Forte
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:16 - 09 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

myanonamouse.net
'friendliness warmth and sharing'

So, just like BCF then eh?
home from home and all that
____________________
bikers smell of wee
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.49 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 66.73 Kb