Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Confidence?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

katana
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 04 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:31 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Confidence? Reply with quote

After my recent off, I've noticed that in the wet, or less grip situations, I seem to want want to be upright as posible. This is worse than when I started riding, what things could I do to bring my confidence back, also my braking is becoming earlier and earlier and a lot more gentle.

Any ideas appreciated to get my confidence back. Do you think it's worth doing an IAM course?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:38 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time.

And keeping at it. The mind is a harsh mistress and will have you imagining all kinds of shit. Only way to retune it is to keep proving the mind wrong.

I had a crisis a couple of years ago which took a few months (and a new bike) to get over. But you will get over it. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:42 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above. It will come back.

After my slip in the wet/crap etc I actually think I am a better rider in those conditions now, Thumbs Up (once my confidence came back Wink )
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

slowarse
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:39 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't try and force it!! it'll come back. Thumbs Up

you could go and have a few lessons if you want , that might help.

and try relaxing before you go out, have a stretch and deep breaths!!
just don't worry about it too much!! Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jaffa
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 22 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:02 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had my crash (my fault) a couple of years ago I only had TPFT insurance (a gamble and with hindsight a mistake), so the broken bike ended up in my garage. It was over 6 months before I even sent it in for repair and that was only so I could sell it. I had completely destroyed my confidence.

When I got back on after the repair I was hooked again but it probably took over a year before I was back at the level of confidence I previously had.

I was extremely lucky to get away with my crash as lightly as I did so now I enjoy riding, my confidence is back but I am more careful, you can't always count on luck or other drivers.
____________________
jaffa - all juice and no pips
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

gerbil
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:10 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: nerves of.........marshmallows Reply with quote

hi, first time on the site but it seems pretty gud
i came off my eliminator in december, it wasn't a particularly hurrendous off but it was enough to bust my knee and ankle. as soon as i was mended and the neccesary bits re-attached to my bike i was back on it but same goes the slightest bit of grease on the road or wet day n my bottles gone and considering my bike is the only transport ive got ive seen many a wet day before my off i'm well miffed bout it. what has helped the most is riding out with my hubby and the bike club i'm in. were now planning on riding to scotland in march and then a ride over to germany in june so hopefully the more hours in the seat i get the better it ul get. just had new tyres on n all n they av made the world o difference.
good luck anyway. Sun
____________________
squeeeeeeeeeeek
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Jammy-G This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 239 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.93 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 52.64 Kb